Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs Vs Nets: GDT

The mavs get a chance to look at devin in an opposing jersey tonight. The mavs need to win all of the next 5 games including this one. Heres to starting a streak.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:31 AM   #2
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Amen to that brother. I say 106-93 Mavs. Dirk returns to score 34.

GO MAVS!!
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:35 AM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to this one, so I'm really interested to see how it goes. There are plenty of interesting storylines for this one.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Now Devin can get some highly deserved revenge on Avery...
Old 03-08-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
It promises to be an emotional scene when a couple of former Mavericks return Saturday night to American Airlines Center as New Jersey Nets. The expected outpouring for Devin Harris and Gana Diop, two integral parts of the team’s success over the last several years, is warranted.

“They played their hearts out every time they stepped on the court for this organization, so I wish them luck for the future,” Dirk Nowitzki said Friday after practice. “Hopefully the fans will give them a warm welcome. I think they deserve it after what they’ve done here for these couple years. It will be good to see them and hopefully they have a good game, but the Mavericks can win."

Michael Finley and Steve Nash received standing ovations during their first trips back even though their respective teams, the Suns and Spurs, are bitter rivals. Harris and Diop weren’t part of the franchise’s renaissance earlier this decade, but they helped take the Mavs to the NBA Finals just two summers ago.

Harris and Diop were shipped to New Jersey, along with Trenton Hassell and Moe Ager, as part of the mammoth Jason Kidd on Feb. 19. The Mavs (39-23) are 4-5 since, including a three-game losing streak going into the Nets’ lone visit this season.

The five losses – New Orleans, San Antonio, LA Lakers, Utah and Houston – are against teams ahead of the Mavs in the Western Conference. In the frustrating 113-98 loss Thursday to the Rockets, the Mavs were buried in the third quarter.

Avery Johnson wasn’t happy with much the day after, whether it was post defense or pick-and-roll defense or ball movement or simply being passive when the game was decided. Johnson’s only bright spot? Antoine Wright, who scored seven in the fourth with the game out of reach.

Johnson actually had players run suicide sprints at practice after committing turnovers. He watched the Rockets take the ball to the basket at will in the third quarter, a strategy lacking from his bunch.

“We’ve got to swing the ball more and be more persistent – a big word – be more persistent about driving,” Johnson said. “When you’re driving and get cut off, don’t give up. Keep trying to drive.”

Harris has continued to drive since changing uniforms and has looked sharp since coming back from his foot injury. Diop’s playing time has fluctuated, much as it did with the Mavs.

“They’re happy to be playing and having an opportunity to play,” Josh Howard said his former teammates. “I’m happy that they are, but I know I miss the city.”

Howard has spoken to several times to his former teammates. He expects them to be sufficiently motivated, but said that’s not what this game is all about.

“Those guys are doing what they have to do,” he said. “It’s a job. I could have easily been one of those guys that got traded, but after a while you have to job and that’s what they’re doing.”

Howard and his current teammates are plenty motivated to end their skid and build some momentum with 20 games left in the regular season. Houston snapped the Mavs’ 12-game home winning streak.

“We have to protect our home court,” Howard said. “We had a rough loss last night. We can’t let those guys come in here and beat us. That’ll give them extra bragging rights.”
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Notebook_030708.html
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This is going to be tough to watch. Hopefully the Mavs can get a huge blowout to make it a little easier to watch.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:39 AM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be tough. I hope they get a nice reception but I wouldn't put it past Cuban to ask the fans to boo them.

Harris has been struggling but I can see him going off. Either way I think the Mavs win and win big.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:20 AM   #8
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Harris has been struggling but I can see him going off. Either way I think the Mavs win and win big.
I agree with you there. I see Harris blowin by Kidd and goin off on us. But I also see (and hope) us winning by over 10
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
It's going to be tough. I hope they get a nice reception but I wouldn't put it past Cuban to ask the fans to boo them.

He hasn't been struggling, he's averaging like 18.5 and 6 with the Nets. I doubt he's booed, I hope he gets a nice reception.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:35 AM   #10
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I dout Harris will continuosly blow by Kidd. Kidd has already played against 2 better point guards in Deron Williams and Chris Paul and while they had great games against him, I think Kidd make them work for their numbers and they weren't driving to the paint at WILL... Harris isn't in the same class as Deron and CP3

It'll be intriguing, if the Mavs lose I'm gonna lose all hope that this team can win a title this year. There is NO excuse for dropping a game at home to a losing eastern team when you're on a 3 game losing streak and in a tight playoff race.

we need to win the next 5 and atleast 8 of the next 9.

Many intriguing storylines, should be a good one!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
I dout Harris will continuosly blow by Kidd. Kidd has already played against 2 better point guards in Deron Williams and Chris Paul and while they had great games against him, I think Kidd make them work for their numbers and they weren't driving to the paint at WILL... Harris isn't in the same class as Deron and CP3

It'll be intriguing, if the Mavs lose I'm gonna lose all hope that this team can win a title this year. There is NO excuse for dropping a game at home to a losing eastern team when you're on a 3 game losing streak and in a tight playoff race.

we need to win the next 5 and atleast 8 of the next 9.

Many intriguing storylines, should be a good one!
they didnt just have great games. they both DESTROYED kidd. Anyway, it doesnt matter because devin isnt the pure pg either of them are. I expect dirk to absolutely go off in this game. Im predicting 41 for number 41 in a mavs win.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #12
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

I still think the Mavericks have just a s good a shot to win it all as the Spurs or the Lakers or the Pistons or the Celtics.

In my head these 5 teams are tier one of the NBA. But if they lose tonight I would have serious doubts and I'd really go into Mavs depression.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #13
quiet riot act
Banned

quiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
I still think the Mavericks have just a s good a shot to win it all as the Spurs or the Lakers or the Pistons or the Celtics.

In my head these 5 teams are tier one of the NBA. But if they lose tonight I would have serious doubts and I'd really go into Mavs depression.

meanwhile, back at reality.............
quiet riot act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #14
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Posted on Sat, Mar. 08, 2008
If Mavs can't start streak, they'll slide to oblivion

By JIM REEVES
Star-Telegram staff writer

If Avery Johnson is the coach we think he is, the Mavericks turn everything around tonight at the AAC.

If Dirk Nowitzki is truly an MVP-caliber player, he puts his foot down right now. Hard.

If Jason Kidd is the point guard and gritty winner the Mavs thought they were trading for, he immediately starts giving his new team a personality transplant.

If Josh Howard wants to ever make another All-Star team, he remembers how to play like one.

If Jason Terry wants to keep being called "Jet," he quits disappearing when the Mavericks need him most.

If, if, if...

What if all the ifs have no answers? What if the Mavericks simply aren't the team we thought they were? What if their window of opportunity just came smashing down on their fingers?

Then, folks, we're in for a lot more disappointment before this gets any better.

Tonight could be a turning point that determines where this franchise goes over the next decade.

Win tonight against New Jersey and old friends Devin Harris and DeSagana Diop, and maybe the Mavericks can regain some of that confidence they seem to have lost.

Win and maybe they kick off a nice little five-game winning streak to take into their rematch at home with the Lakers on March 18.

Win and try to remember how good it feels.

How tough can that be?

Lose, though, lose to a team that just lost to Memphis, lose to Harris and Diop in their return to Dallas, lose with Dirk back in the lineup after his one-game suspension... lose and there's no telling how deep the bottom might be.

I know what you're thinking. All this over one little game with the hapless New Jersey Nets?

That, friends, is where this team is at.

With 20 games to go in the wild, wild West, there are no layups any more.

There was so much the Mavericks could have done with a win over Houston on Thursday night. They could have snapped their own two-game losing streak and the Rockets' 16-game streak. They could have proved that they could win without their superstar, just as Houston has done without Yao Ming. They could have started this stretch of nine games out of 10 at home with a victory over a key West rival.

But that opportunity is gone, wiped away in a lackluster 113-98 loss in which none of the Mavs' supporting players stepped up to fill Dirk's massive shoes.

Complaining that his team isn't penetrating enough or playing defense in the paint, as Avery did after the loss, is almost laughable after the Mavericks just traded away their best penetrator and one of their key inside defenders.

But who feels like laughing?

Avery spent Friday's practice session emphasizing fundamentals, such as post defense and pick-and-roll defense, hoping to stop the bleeding inside. If a player committed a turnover in practice, his team had to stop and run a suicide drill.

"We have to be more persistent -- that's a big word -- be more persistent about driving," Avery said afterward. "When you drive and you get cut off, don't give up. Keep trying to drive."

I can hear the trade critics now: He never had to tell Harris that twice.

But this situation is beyond fundamental drills now. This is about this team's guts and its future. The Mavericks either grow up and get mentally tougher, which is something Kidd was supposed to bring, or they risk not making the playoffs at all. It's that dicey, and teams in the West are playing that well right now.

The opportunity is there. Their next five games, the first four at home, are against the Nets, the Knicks, the Bobcats, the Pacers and the Heat. None is better than 10 games under .500. If the Mavs don't kick off a five-game winning streak tonight, things are even worse than we imagined.

Then come the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs and Clippers at home. The Mavs must win at least three of those games, if not all four.

This is the stretch that will determine whether the Mavs are going to pull this together and make a serious run in the playoffs, or whether they've just become another tawdry tease.

If it's the latter, heaven forbid, let me give you a peek at the dreary future.

The Mavs will decide, with Kidd having one more year on his contract at age 35-36, to try and tweak this team in the off-season, to see if they can get lucky. When that doesn't work -- and it probably won't because it won't change what's fundamentally wrong with a team that left its heart in Miami two summers ago -- then we'll see a serious restructuring, and who knows who'll survive that?

Dirk, maybe.

Everything else, including the coach, would be a toss-up.

It doesn't have to be that way. The Mavs can write a different script, but it has to start tonight with what should be an easy win over a far lesser team.

One small step for Mavs. One giant leap for all Mavs-kind.

Link
GO MAVS!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #15
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

^That is simultaneously one of the most depressing and one of the most invigorating articles that I've ever read. I hope the Mavs see it the same way.

Any chance we can get Devin to throw the game? Cmon, you know you are all thinking it.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #16
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

New Jersey Nets at Dallas Mavericks preview
7:30 p.m. Saturday; Ch. 21, KESN-FM (103.3), KFLC-AM (1270, Spanish)
11:04 PM CST on Friday, March 7, 2008

By DAVID MOORE / The Dallas Morning News

Who's Hot? Devin Harris

The former Mavericks point guard averaged 18.7 points and 5.5 assists in his first four games for the Nets. Harris scored 20 or more points in three of those games. He scored 20 or more only three times in his final 16 games with the Mavericks. ... Richard Jefferson's average of 23 points ranks ninth in the league. ... Josh Howard's struggles from the field continue. But he has scored 20 or more points in three of the last four games.

Who's Not? Mavericks defense

The Mavericks have allowed an average of 110.7 points in their last four games. Houston and Utah, the last two teams to beat Dallas, have combined to shoot 56.2 percent from the field. ... Since his monster game against the LA Lakers, Erick Dampier has averaged 6.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in his last two games. ... Entering Friday's game, Vince Carter had averaged 15.5 points and shot 41.3 percent from the field in his previous two outings.

Injuries

Mavericks: Tyronn Lue (calf strain)

Nets: Boston Nachbar (strained left hip flexor)

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If Avery thinks there's been "poisonous journalism" around here lately, just let the Mavs lose this game with Devin going off.

Avery won't know what hit him.

Having said that, I don't think that happens. We need to start this win streak off with a bang.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“We’ve got to swing the ball more and be more persistent – a big word – be more persistent about driving,” Johnson said. “When you’re driving and get cut off, don’t give up. Keep trying to drive.”
This is coaching? Pathetic.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #19
quiet riot act
Banned

quiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these parts

avery = imbecile
Old 03-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #20
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

I honestly think there's a good chance the mavs lose tonight. Who's going to guard Vince Carter? If it's Kidd, then who guards Devin Harris? There's not a lot of good options when you only have one perimeter player (Kidd) that can play decent defense and you're playing a team with 3 guys that can go off for 30+ points.

I predict Devean George starts tonight. I'll also predict the Mavs lose.

And Avery's quote about drive even after you get cut off is stupid. If they actually listen to him, then you're gonna see a lot of blocked shots, turnovers, offensive fouls, and wild attempts to draw a foul. The team needs to "play basketball" and shoot if they're open and drive when it's there.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye
I honestly think there's a good chance the mavs lose tonight. Who's going to guard Vince Carter? If it's Kidd, then who guards Devin Harris? There's not a lot of good options when you only have one perimeter player (Kidd) that can play decent defense and you're playing a team with 3 guys that can go off for 30+ points.

I predict Devean George starts tonight. I'll also predict the Mavs lose.

And Avery's quote about drive even after you get cut off is stupid. If they actually listen to him, then you're gonna see a lot of blocked shots, turnovers, offensive fouls, and wild attempts to draw a foul. The team needs to "play basketball" and shoot if they're open and drive when it's there.
I predict the season is over if the Mavs lose tonight.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #22
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The dirkster tears the nets a new one. Mavs 110-90..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #23
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

mavs by 19. sry devin and diop
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #24
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Can Antoine Wright be given a chance? We can't keep starting Jet at shooting guard, I know this kid is better than all of the spares on the bench, didn't Avery learn from the GS series about starting Jet?

Last edited by LSMF; 03-08-2008 at 12:02 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #25
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The ex-Mavs against the ex-Nets... Ex-Nets by 20+...

Dirk is going to come back from that suspension with a vengeance...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

They kicked our ass last time, and now they have half of our team that knows us pretty well.

The reports of the impending blow out are extremely premature.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
They kicked our ass last time, and now they have half of our team that knows us pretty well.

The reports of the impending blow out are extremely premature.
Last time they had Kidd...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-08-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #28
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

yup.... and now we have kidd who probally knows all there plays and what they do cause he was the captain of the team.

MAVS WIN!

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 03-08-2008 at 12:23 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #29
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

"bragging rights"

What the hell does that have to do with anything the Mavs are trying to accomplish? Josh Howard is pathetic.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #30
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

A win is a win.

Just get the damn win.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #31
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

I wonder if Dirk is watching tv right now in his mansion.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #32
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Things are looking pretty bleek right now. Mavs by 40, to start something special for the rest of the season..........
Old 03-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #33
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Kidd tears DH up.

GO MAVS!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #34
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Any link for tonight's game would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #35
LSMF
Diamond Member

I've been wondering something lately, is there someway we could get Rudy Tomjanovich to coach?? I think he would be very good for our situation, anybody know what he's been up to lately and if he still wants to coach?

Last edited by LSMF; 03-08-2008 at 03:01 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #36
quiet riot act
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
I've been wondering something lately, is there someway we could get Rudy Tomjanovich to coach?? I think he would be very good for our situation, anybody know what he's been up to lately and if he still wants to coach?

lets send kermit washington to convince him to come to dallas
Old 03-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #37
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win: 110-83. JKidd gets a triple double, Dirk a double double as he scores 47 points and grabs 13 rebounds. Oh yeah, Devin Harris goes 20 and 5 on 8/21 from the field.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #38
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Devin and Diop when they were here, but F em now. Blow them out of the building.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #39
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I hope Devin does well, but not tonight. Not only do I want the Mavs to win, but Devin doing really well tonight would just make the trade-haters that much more obnoxious.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

"We’ve got to swing the ball more and be more persistent – a big word – be more persistent about driving,” Johnson said. “When you’re driving and get cut off, don’t give up. Keep trying to drive.”

we now know why avery loves brandon bass so much. this is honestly the dumbest thing ive ever heard a coach say. This is the equivalent of a football coach saying i dont care if hes double covered, throw it to him anyway.