Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default A NON-Conspiracy view of the Mavs

Let me put my other opinions away for one thread.

This Mavs team has gone through the battle and lost. They have reverted back to a soft team and there is no sign of life. There is nothing that shows us that this team has the mental, let alone the physical toughness to compete at that Championship level.

Saddly this team is a magnification of what we observed from one of the Mavs former players. Micheal Finley.

When Fin was here, he went through the battles of turning a loserville organization into a highly entertaining winner. However, many where saying then that the Mavs would not be the big time NBA team until someone else on the Mavs actually stepped up and became better than Finley. That player was and is Dirk Nowitski, who in his own rights has been through the battle of NBA growth and has played his way into a potential Hall of Fame type career.

Now in Finley's final days with Dallas, he became jump shooting happy. Don't get me wrong, he was a jump shooter before, but occasionaly he would drive, he would dunk, he would do some inside dirty work...but in his last days, we rarely if ever saw the dirty work. He was content with taking jump shots.

The jump shots would come and go...hot on some days, enough to get you over 30 and cold on other days to the point of not even scoring in double digits.

It's the same thing today with the entire Maverick team. They are not doing the dirty work. They are NOT tough. They settle, jump shot after jump shot. They are lax on "D" allowing other teams to do what they want in the paint...at least the stronger heart felt teams that are competing and hungry to get to the playoffs and possibly to a Championship.

Now I am not here to "Blame" anyone...it is just an observation of what has happened. I believe Avery is trying with everything he has to rally the troops, but for what ever reason the players are NOT finding the will to be that team.

I have seen this with other teams in other sports...now is the real test of owner Mark Cuban. How willing is he to let go of this project and rebuild?

This may very well be a new chapter that could take another 3-10 years to turn around.

I don't believe that ANY of the current players will be with the Mavs as an active player the next time we have a shot at winning a title.

Is Mark Cuban ready to do the work to rebuild this thing? Does he have the stomach to go through the battles one more time?

He's done a Great job building it to what we had...can he do it again?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter