Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default R. Rondo

I just want to say tht I think he has a chance to be one of the best pg in this league as soon as next year. He mite not have the court vision of Paul or Nash...but mann the kidd can play.

Look at his stats against the Spurs in less thn 3 quarters. I remember whn we played the Cs and lost Jet took a lot of heat for Rondo having like 7 rebounds or something, hes got 9 already against the Spurs and the kidd is 6'1. Hes got crazy handle and is fast. I want to see him and Harris go at it, because I dont think theyr too far off.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 02-10-2008 at 02:47 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I just want to say tht I think he has a chance to be one of the best pg in this league as soon as next year. He mite not have the court vision of Paul or Nash...but mann the kidd can play.

Look at his stats against the Spurs in less thn 3 quarters. I remember whn we played the Cs and lost Jet took a lot of heat for Rondo having like 7 rebounds or something, hes got 9 already against the Spurs and the kidd is 6'1. Hes got crazy handle and is fast. I want to see him and Harris go at it, because I dont think theyr too far off.
I don't know about him being the best PG in the league, but he certainly has impressed me this. He's been a huge part of that monster defense of theirs.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo just pulled a Terry vs the Spurs. He was still in the back-court at SIXTEEN seconds....naturally the refs didn't call it. Officiating in this league sucks.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Rondo will be very good in the nba just like he was at Ky. I also like the pick up of James Posey for them, another lock down defender. Boston in the last several years could not play defense and now they can, plus very good on defense. Rondo gets major rebounds and ast against elite teams. Big bad loss for the Spurs and Boston, says hey we can beat the west without Garnett. Very big wins for Boston, plus getting second and third stringers some time.

Parker out hurts the Spurs and Vaughn sux. Damon Stoud is just to old and they screwed up getting rid of the Russian pg. Finley, Barry, Horry, Stoud and even Bowen are getting old and some of those guys are very good or was(old) but they need to mix some youth in also. Like Boston is doing.

Speaking of old, i watched Webber and i couldn't believe my eyes how old he is. He is a slow poke and gs tries and does give him some shots but he is such a shell of what he once was. Gs is a dangerous team but Webber is not good anymore and he is bad for that running team. He just can't move. Now i wonder about Shaq and if he is as slow as Webber. I want to watch him play again as father time catches up. I really like the Korver pick up for Utah. He is perfect for them and he can play. I also liked Gasol pick up and that made them strong.

I still wonder what we might do with the differ rumors out there. So many teams need a back up pg. I am talking about good elite teams. It is making Cassells stock go up daily. He would be so much better for the Spurs than Damon Stoud.

I think any team that gets out of the west against Boston, will be a good finals. The pg play will be huge on who wins the title on how he penetrates.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I was watching the Spurs game and trying to measure how good I think Rondo will be. I doubt he'll be one of the best pg's in the league. I don't see him being as good as Kidd, Nash, Williams or Paul or even Tony Parker. But he has a chance to be a great role player for the Celtics especially if he can develop consistency in the paint. I'd say at this point he's not really even a good point guard yet. He's definately a good player though. I always thought it was a great move by the Celtics not giving him up in the Garnett deal.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

He is pretty good~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:14 AM   #7
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

i've always felt that rajon rondo was underrated.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

He's really good defensively but still very raw on the offensive end. I think he has the potential to be a future all-star and 1st team defender, though. Very talented.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I agree tht hes still raw in some areas but whn you watch him play you can just see it...he just flows with the game.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 02-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

besides the fact the guy can't shoot well... he's solid. 25% 3pt and 62%FT is absolutely horrible for a guard.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
besides the fact the guy can't shoot well... he's solid. 25% 3pt and 62%FT is absolutely horrible for a guard.
He doesnt shoot a lot thou and am sure his shoot will improve. Like i said hes got a lot of room for improvement, but watching him play just makes me feel like hell be great. The kidd can pull down 5 + boards on any nite along with 10 assists ...and if he can get his shot to work...just imagine

........GO MAVS
Old 02-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #12
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

"besides the fact the guy can't shoot well... he's solid. 25% 3pt and 62%FT is absolutely horrible for a guard."

Rondo's free throwing has to get better, but the 3 point stat is bogus. I've only seen him take a few legitimate three pointers. Almost all of them are heaves at the buzzer from anywhere on the court.

His outside shooting has improved. If anything, he doesn't shoot enough. The kid is becoming great.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #13
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

I think it's pretty easy to look good as a point guard when you're passing the ball to KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #14
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City
I think it's pretty easy to look good as a point guard when you're passing the ball to KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen...
Rondo's play has improved since Garnett has been out. In other words he's stepped up to fill the void.

He was the only player in the bottom 6 teams in the league last year with a positive plus minus. Meaning that while the Celtics were injured and tanking last season, they still outscored their opponents when Rondo was playing.

He is the best pure point Boston has had since Tiny Archibald, and because Tiny was pretty old then, Rondo may become the Celtics' best pure point since Cousy.

He's got maybe the biggest hands in the game, and definitely the biggest hands of any draft prospect ever measured by the Celtics.

I've been watching this game for a while. Rondo is the real deal. When he gets that jumper down he'll be the East's top point guard and a regular all star. He's an absolutely unique player. Very young and still learning, but very impressive.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #15
minkbarn

I mentioned Rondo's hands before. Here's a nice photo showing those huge hands on Celticsblog:
http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php...394&Itemid=189

He had another good game against Indiana tonight. 12 pts, 7 rebs, 7 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #16
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Paul is already the best PG in the league, and barring injury, will remain so for the foreseeable future.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkbarn
I mentioned Rondo's hands before. Here's a nice photo showing those huge hands on Celticsblog:
http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php...394&Itemid=189

He had another good game against Indiana tonight. 12 pts, 7 rebs, 7 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks.
Man those are definitely some E.T. fingers. All they need now is to glow at the end. This kid is special.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #18
minkbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Man those are definitely some E.T. fingers. All they need now is to glow at the end. This kid is special.
Ha ha! ET fingers! That's good. Rondo phone home...
Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
i've always felt that rajon rondo was underrated.

i hate your new sig.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #20
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

I always thought this when they were in college but after watching the Rookies vs. Sophomores game last night I'm convinced Jordan Farmar is and will always be the better overall PG.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo is overrated. He's Derek Fisher before fisher learned to play.

An example of an average player looking good when surrounded by talent.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #22
minkbarn

Farmar is not close to Rondo. The Lakers would trade Farmar for Rondo without hesitating. The Celtics would never do it. Farmar does not have the length, speed, explosiveness, D, hands, or intangibles that Rondo brings, and never will.

The only place (aside from free throws) that Farmar is better is outside shooting, and Rondo shoots 3% better from the field.

If you take the Rookie game as an indicator of anything, Daniel Gibson is a hall of famer.

Both the Ray Allen trade and the Kevin Garnett trade got held up because Seattle and Minnesota wanted Rondo but Boston refused, even if it meant voiding the deals.

Farmar is good and will be a starter someday. Rondo will be an all star.

Last edited by minkbarn; 02-18-2008 at 10:01 AM.