Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Players want KG and Nash to win it all

Wow I really like this and actually I myself agree a lot. If its not Dallas I want to see KG get it or Nash. I wouldn't mind Iverson getting one either...Its a really cool article and shows how much others respect KG and Nash

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...yerPoll-080219

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The only contenders I don't hate are Detroit and Utah.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:49 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
The only contenders I don't hate are Detroit and Utah.
I hate both those teams. I find it very hard to find things to like about either one.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

F'em both. Especially Boston
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-20-2008 at 12:52 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 AM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Boston has done what Miami did. They are trying to buy a title and fast. It worked in Miami. If we can't win and i hope we do, i wouldn't mind seeing Jerry Sloan do good and win one, i also would like seeing Nash win one, Iverson would also be good, and Allen and KG deserve better than what they have had. Both very good and even Pierce deserves better but i will pull for the west.

I really respect the Spurs and Pistons but i am ready to see someone different than those two teams in the finals. It would be great seeing us go all the way.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if NBA fans could handle another Spurs-Cavs or Spurs-Pistons final.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:10 AM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This is an interesting article, hearing the different players responses. That being said, I don't root for anybody but the Mavs. I'd like Nash to win one, but I hate the Suns too much.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I hate both those teams. I find it very hard to find things to like about either one.
I'm just indifferent, probably because the Mavs haven't hit either team head-on yet.

But I don't like the Boston fanbase, and I don't like the idea of the Celtics of all teams going from pure sucktitude to glory in one season, after all the struggles the Mavs have endured the past several seasons.

Well, ok, 2001 doesn't really count anymore.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 02-20-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 AM   #9
Mavfreak

Mavfreak will become famous soon enoughMavfreak will become famous soon enough

KG has a good chance to get his ring. The dreaded Celtics are........pretty good. BTW, Ray Allen should have gotten the ASGMVP, he earned it. Those big shots sealed the deal for the East. Yea, Boston scares me as much as the Spurs do.
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Me too...............
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #11
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yeah Boston is scary.

If I had to choose a team other than the Mavericks to win it all I would choose Boston. I really can't stand any other team in the West and I really like KG and Allen. Pierce not so much, though.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote