Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2021, 12:45 AM   #121
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to sting a bit to watch, but I recommend it. It also has more of the fall asleep on D I've been talking about.

https://youtu.be/kM-36NHGaq8

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2021, 12:58 AM   #122
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Exactly. I don't care what Russ did on other teams. I care about what he can offer the Mavs. And all of the above you listed are all positives.

Mavs fans have the nerve to be picky...for what? We don't even have anything worth trading so if the Wiz wouldn't mind taking a crappy contract back in return? Sure i'd do it. Wouldn't think twice about it. And if it failed? Oh well. At least we were trying to do SOMETHING.
Russ would bring a lot of what the Mavs need, but Washington gave up a first round pick to get him - I doubt they would just give him away.

Last edited by Some Guy; 06-09-2021 at 01:22 AM.
Some Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:36 AM   #123
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
You let us know what’s available for someone that can shoot at least 39% from 3 and 44.7% overall. They aren’t waiting in the wings for Dallas. As Dtown already said, we know what he is. We know he disappears.
Lauri Markkannen
Doug McDermott
Norman Powell
off the top of my head....
Old 06-09-2021, 07:54 AM   #124
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Luka has high usage because NO ONE else can create.
People focus so hard on our lack of defense and rebounding when I think shot creation/ball handling/playmaking is actually our biggest weakness.

If ANYTHING Luka needs someone else to take the load...not the opposite as sir Donnie Don Don has suggested.

We don't need Luka to pass more. We need another playmaker or two.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:36 AM   #125
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Lauri Markkannen
Doug McDermott
Norman Powell
Norman Powell is the only SG of that group and I would 100% take him. When he opts out Mavs would have to pay over whatever Portland is offering. If the numbers are similar I don’t see why he would choose Dallas over Portland. But he is a realistic option.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #126
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
People focus so hard on our lack of defense and rebounding when I think shot creation/ball handling/playmaking is actually our biggest weakness.

If ANYTHING Luka needs someone else to take the load...not the opposite as sir Donnie Don Don has suggested.

We don't need Luka to pass more. We need another playmaker or two.
Mavs had to play zone in the nba playoffs because they can’t guard a soul. I think defense is the main weakness at this point in time. But we absolutely need another creator or two. A two way athletic player would be a godsend. Luka usage rate in the playoffs was an insane 39%
Old 06-09-2021, 09:03 AM   #127
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Mavs were fourth in the league in generating open looks. Luka passing the ball isn't the issue. Other teams have players with similar usage rates and are true contenders (76ers & Embiid; Bucks & Giannis).
Agree with the first part, but the last part isn't true. No one else is even close in terms of usage rate. Which then can impact the ability of others to get into a rhythm. Recall the game in which he set the NBA record (all time) for percentage of points accounted for via scoring or assists. He not only does he have the ball in his hands every single possession (Embid and Giannis don't)...he keeps it in his hands longer than other players, as well. You would need to look at usage rates of other PG's, especially those considered high usage (Lillard, Harden, etc), and he is MUCH higher than any of those as well.

Quote:
Our biggest issue is pretty clear. We don't generate easy shots at the rim. We take way too many threes despite not having elite shooters. We don't have a roll man because KP isn't comfortable in the paint and Powell isn't the same player he was pre-achilles.
Yep, definitely agree with this. Given that I don't think we are going to have a massive roster turn-over, RC has his work cut out for him. The others aren't going to suddenly become able to do that on their own, so he has to work on them getting to the rim more aggressively without the ball (said roll game, but that's not the only way). Even just getting into position for mid range shots rather than 3's. Yes, the game is moving towards 3's (well, has moved, not moving), but that doesn't mean that's what you should do, even if you're not good at it.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:57 AM   #128
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
This logic is terrible.

No team in the league had a more successful prior decade.
No team in the league was so loyal to their HOF player that they used up all their assets
You are demonstrably incorrect:
- I specifically said over the last decade so your prior decade comment is irrelevant to my assertion.
- Your second point is irrelevant to the fact they whiffed on draft choices through poor talent evaluation coupled with the fact that the original operation dry powder was MBT misunderstanding the actual impact of the CBA vis-a-vis assets in hand actually more valuable than cap space. Nobody forced the MBT to blow up the team in 2011 - Chandler still had a few good seasons left where his defensive overlay of Dirk still on the back end of a few more good years would have certainly given them a fighting chance of winning a first round series (the original basis for the statement)
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:14 AM   #129
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is going to sting a bit to watch, but I recommend it. It also has more of the fall asleep on D I've been talking about.

https://youtu.be/kM-36NHGaq8
Thanks for this video, it's a great breakdown.

And now I'm depressed for a whole off season because the best way to improve is to hope his former self returns.... Which I'm not optimistic about.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #130
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Thanks for this video, it's a great breakdown.

And now I'm depressed for a whole off season because the best way to improve is to hope his former self returns.... Which I'm not optimistic about.
Basically. We are just stuck in a tough spot.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:52 AM   #131
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I remember we started off the season as one of the best defensive teams in the league, and suddenly it was just abandoned. Maybe it was Covid related, or maybe Rick loses his nerve and reverses course too quickly the second something doesn't go his way.

The team is trying too hard to strike a balance in every area and thus it isn't good or great in any.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:20 AM   #132
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayinem View Post
I didn't make up any narrative they didn't even speak after he left for years and there was tension when they played. People like you who act like they know everything when your really know very little just ruin boards like this going after everything I say not giving me the right to even any thoughts of my own. I insulted you because you attacked me from the beginning on every thought I had. Not going to post here anymore, if it's not you it'll just be someone else.
I act like I know everything? That's exactly what you're doing. Except i'm using common sense and facts to come to my opinino you're using strictly lies and assumptions. You believe that if Russ and KD were better friends he would've chose the Thunder over the Warriors? Are you high or gullible?

And please find another board I could give a damn. I've encountered posts from you the past two days and you have posted nothing but lies in the two days that i've noticed. So sorry that your feelings are hurt that you can't take someone disagreeing with you but its probably for the best if you're that sensitive.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #133
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Lauri Markkannen
Doug McDermott
Norman Powell
Are these guys that you think will be cheap or guys you'd just rather have than THJ? I want no parts of a jumpshooting big man...Norman Powell i'd take but I also realize that he isn't much more of a upgrade than THJ....his jumper has a tendency to go broke too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
Russ would bring a lot of what the Mavs need, but Washington gave up a first round pick to get him - I doubt they would just give him away.
No, I don't think they would. Honestly even Westbrook is a a wish upon a star move. Just a hypothetical if the Wiz wanted to get rid of him....they seem to be eyeing KP......a lot of things would have to happen.

Quote:
It's not an jssue.. it's an easy YES. I do want to spend that on someone else. It's MBT job to find someone who has more tools to surround Luka with. If not then you gotta get him to sign on for around what he is making currently. I don't buy that he is the best option to throw 25m at. If you are OK with what we have been rolling out, then idk what to say. Just watch and enjoy the same results.
I already said i'm not ok with what we've been rolling out. I'm all for upgrading. I'd love to upgrade to Bradley Beal or Kawhi Leonard...hell Lebron James.....hell i'd take Dame Lillard too while we're at it.
You don't have to buy that THJ is the best option to throw 25 million at....but its the most realistic. If not Tim Hardaway Jr then it will be you will do it for Norman Powell....if not Norman Powell then you will do it for Evan Fournier....if not Evan Fournier than Kelly Oubre....if not him than Gary Trent Jr...

Whether they sign Tim Hardaway or not...he will not be the reason for the same results. Let's not make him the scapegoat because the issues this team faces were here long before he even got here.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #134
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Here's a cool what if scenario I found regarding 3 players the Mavs could have had on this years roster if they were smart and aggressive in the moves like a Phoenix or Atlanta for example this past offseason

Could you guys imagine having Woods, Bogdan and Bane all on this years roster when each was gettable had the Mavs executed properly

Bogdan Bodganovic is an interesting name but he was a restricted free agent. I am still unable to wrap my head around the fact the Kings simply let him walk. No one could have anticipated that and tying up your cap space for three days is a tough pill to swallow. Like Danny Green the year prior, I had my heart set on Christian Wood. His desired average annual salary was a mystery to everyone. Some anticipated he might sign for a contract in the neighborhood of 17-20 million a year. He ultimately signed for a team-friendly contract which might have been the steal of the offseason. While he would have provided some insurance and even played some minutes alongside him, I understand not wanting to allocate significant resources to another big man.

Unfortunately for the Mavericks, they made their bed with Porzingis. With the draft, Josh Green continues to be a puzzling selection. He’s a theoretical 3-and-D wing that isn’t good at the 3 or the D. His best skill is his energy level. Desmond Bane would have been a welcome addition to this year’s Mavericks. Unless Green can take a jump as a player next season, they may regret that pick for a long time.

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-09-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #135
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Here's a cool what if scenario I found regarding 3 players the Mavs could have had on this years roster if they were smart and aggressive in the moves like a Phoenix or Atlanta for example this past offseason

Could you guys imagine having Woods, Bogdan and Bane all on this years roster when each was gettable had the Mavs executed properly

Bogdan Bodganovic is an interesting name but he was a restricted free agent. I am still unable to wrap my head around the fact the Kings simply let him walk. No one could have anticipated that and tying up your cap space for three days is a tough pill to swallow. Like Danny Green the year prior, I had my heart set on Christian Wood. His desired average annual salary was a mystery to everyone. Some anticipated he might sign for a contract in the neighborhood of 17-20 million a year. He ultimately signed for a team-friendly contract which might have been the steal of the offseason. While he would have provided some insurance and even played some minutes alongside him, I understand not wanting to allocate significant resources to another big man.

Unfortunately for the Mavericks, they made their bed with Porzingis. With the draft, Josh Green continues to be a puzzling selection. He’s a theoretical 3-and-D wing that isn’t good at the 3 or the D. His best skill is his energy level. Desmond Bane would have been a welcome addition to this year’s Mavericks. Unless Green can take a jump as a player next season, they may regret that pick for a long time.
Im not a salary cap expert, but did we have room to offer the same contracts to Woods and Bodgan? I’m pretty sure ATL had the most available cap space in the league last season. It’s easy to say “Mavs didn’t try to sign this guy”, but if the salary cap literally won’t allow them to there isn’t much you can do about that. We aren’t the only team that missed out on Woods. Hell teams that already had him didn’t realize he was about to breakout. I think you’re the first person to think Green isn’t good at defense. He looked like he moved his feet well, has good size, and is probably the most athletic player on the team. Time will tell if he was a good pick or not.

Last edited by BPo001; 06-09-2021 at 01:13 PM.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #136
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

I really wanted Christian Wood. I kept up with him in Detroit...I didn't even understand why the Pistons spent money on Plumlee and Grant but not Wood..hated the Rockets got him. Loved Bane too but I don't know if Carlisile would've even played him. Of course I wanted Saadiq Bey......
Old 06-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #137
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I already said i'm not ok with what we've been rolling out. I'm all for upgrading. I'd love to upgrade to Bradley Beal or Kawhi Leonard...hell Lebron James.....hell i'd take Dame Lillard too while we're at it.
You don't have to buy that THJ is the best option to throw 25 million at....but its the most realistic. If not Tim Hardaway Jr then it will be you will do it for Norman Powell....if not Norman Powell then you will do it for Evan Fournier....if not Evan Fournier than Kelly Oubre....if not him than Gary Trent Jr...

Whether they sign Tim Hardaway or not...he will not be the reason for the same results. Let's not make him the scapegoat because the issues this team faces were here long before he even got here.

THJ shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as those top tier guys, and it's quite obvious they aren't attainable. Suggesting those names is dramatic lol.

Yes, I would rather give Norman Powell that money than THJ. He plays better defense and can penetrate which are 2 skills that THJ lacks aside from the occasional charge.

Powell or Derozan both bring more to the table. If it's the most realistic option because it's the easiest option for Donnie and we know that. I just hope he doesn't go that route. I'm all for keeping THJ, if the price is right. 25 mil is. not. it.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:34 PM   #138
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
THJ shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as those top tier guys, and it's quite obvious they aren't attainable. Suggesting those names is dramatic lol.

Yes, I would rather give Norman Powell that money than THJ. He plays better defense and can penetrate which are 2 skills that THJ lacks aside from the occasional charge.

Powell or Derozan both bring more to the table. If it's the most realistic option because it's the easiest option for Donnie and we know that. I just hope he doesn't go that route. I'm all for keeping THJ, if the price is right. 25 mil is. not. it.
My point in bringing those names up aren't because I think THJ is the caliber of those guys. I brought them up because those are the guys we need to be legit contenders in this league. We are that caliber of a player away.

I'm sure there's a argument to be made that Powell is better than THJ but at the end of the day they are the same caliber of player. This team doesn't get better going from THJ to Powell. They just don't. Would I take Powell over THJ? I would. But I also understand the same issues we have with THJ are the same ones you'll find with Powell. Not only that but he will be more expensive as well.

So you're knocking fans for wanting THJ back for 25 million but you're suggesting they get a player of his caliber for the same price or more.

Derozen is more of the speed of what this team needs. But i'm not entirely sure why he'd come here if he's destined go out East but i'd for sure would like him. He lacks the 3 point shot that I think i'd want however he does everything else well. He attacks the basket, hits mid range, solid defense/rebounder....solid passer.

Out of realistic guys he's one i'd want. But I also think he'll cost at least 30 million a year.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:26 PM   #139
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Funny you should say that because I don't ever recall any team in the league keeping a HC who has lost 6 straight 1st round playoff series

That's almost unheard of in today's sports

You would think RC is the Bill Belichick of the NBA with that type of job security and the way people praise him.
If they were favored in any of those, then yes he'd be gone. Probably similar to Marvin Lewis...with the difference I think that RC is regarded around the league as one of the top coaches, and I don't think Lewis ever was.

That said, the string can't continue. Even if Mavs aren't favored next year...still would be showing no progress due to that. If nothing else just to shake things up.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:29 PM   #140
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
My point in bringing those names up aren't because I think THJ is the caliber of those guys. I brought them up because those are the guys we need to be legit contenders in this league. We are that caliber of a player away.

I'm sure there's a argument to be made that Powell is better than THJ but at the end of the day they are the same caliber of player. This team doesn't get better going from THJ to Powell. They just don't. Would I take Powell over THJ? I would. But I also understand the same issues we have with THJ are the same ones you'll find with Powell. Not only that but he will be more expensive as well.

So you're knocking fans for wanting THJ back for 25 million but you're suggesting they get a player of his caliber for the same price or more.

Derozen is more of the speed of what this team needs. But i'm not entirely sure why he'd come here if he's destined go out East but i'd for sure would like him. He lacks the 3 point shot that I think i'd want however he does everything else well. He attacks the basket, hits mid range, solid defense/rebounder....solid passer.

Out of realistic guys he's one i'd want. But I also think he'll cost at least 30 million a year.
I'm not knocking any fans in particular. I'm just saying I dont see the logic. Seriously. I assume that Powell doesn't make us an instant contender, but we KNOW that THJ doesn't. He had a very similar season to last year and hasn't added the other things like penetration/ creation or improved defense to justify a 5-7 million per year raise. I love THJs attitude and understand why people like him. Hell I want him back too. I'd love for him to prove that he wants to be here by understanding our cap situation and realizing that we just can't afford to pay him the upper end of what he might get elsewhere. I wouldn't blame him one bit for accepting more money for a 3 year deal elsewhere or taking equal to what we would offer to play for a contender. I don't mean to knock fans but I really don't get the logic of THJ for 25m AND wanting to retool around Luka.

I wasn't sold on the idea that we needed another creator before this season, but I am now. We can't do anything with KP because his value has hit an epic all time low. That leaves us with taking advantage of our cap space by getting more out of the wing next to Luka and IMO it's wasted on bringing THJ back at the mid 20mil range. The other thing we can do is Rick adjusting his offensive schemes to incorporate KP, it was such a huge investment risk and just settling with KP being wasted away is terrible.

I put as much stock into "Derozan wants to go east" as I do "THJ really wants to start and it will effect his signing". I've heard both but it's too early to fully buy either.

One of the fears I have is that Rick doesn't adjust and put his eggs in the KP will have a healthy offseason so we dont need to adjust the schemes.

Old 06-09-2021, 04:36 PM   #141
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
If they were favored in any of those, then yes he'd be gone. Probably similar to Marvin Lewis...with the difference I think that RC is regarded around the league as one of the top coaches, and I don't think Lewis ever was.

That said, the string can't continue. Even if Mavs aren't favored next year...still would be showing no progress due to that. If nothing else just to shake things up.
It is funny because the apologists for the organization point to the fact that how could we ever be expected to win one of these series because we were never favored which is a terrible indictment on the organization in the first place.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:00 PM   #142
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Donnie Nelson:

Old 06-09-2021, 06:28 PM   #143
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Anyone interested in Kemba Walker?
Old 06-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #144
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance Orlando would move Vuc this off season?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #145
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
For KP? Trade one injured problem for a completely different one 6 years older. I don't. He's not the idea I had in mind for adding a creator. Too small and unreliable health.

Old 06-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #146
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
For whom?

Old 06-09-2021, 06:39 PM   #147
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not knocking any fans in particular. I'm just saying I dont see the logic. Seriously. I assume that Powell doesn't make us an instant contender, but we KNOW that THJ doesn't. He had a very similar season to last year and hasn't added the other things like penetration/ creation or improved defense to justify a 5-7 million per year raise. I love THJs attitude and understand why people like him. Hell I want him back too. I'd love for him to prove that he wants to be here by understanding our cap situation and realizing that we just can't afford to pay him the upper end of what he might get elsewhere. I wouldn't blame him one bit for accepting more money for a 3 year deal elsewhere or taking equal to what we would offer to play for a contender. I don't mean to knock fans but I really don't get the logic of THJ for 25m AND wanting to retool around Luka.

I wasn't sold on the idea that we needed another creator before this season, but I am now. We can't do anything with KP because his value has hit an epic all time low. That leaves us with taking advantage of our cap space by getting more out of the wing next to Luka and IMO it's wasted on bringing THJ back at the mid 20mil range. The other thing we can do is Rick adjusting his offensive schemes to incorporate KP, it was such a huge investment risk and just settling with KP being wasted away is terrible.

I put as much stock into "Derozan wants to go east" as I do "THJ really wants to start and it will effect his signing". I've heard both but it's too early to fully buy either.

One of the fears I have is that Rick doesn't adjust and put his eggs in the KP will have a healthy offseason so we dont need to adjust the schemes.
Like I said above though, THJ isn't the issue KP is. THJ was paid to be the 3rd or 4th option here. I can't knock him because this teams talent building is a issue.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #148
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Vuc is a Chicago Bull.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:42 PM   #149
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
For KP? Trade one injured problem for a completely different one 6 years older. I don't. He's not the idea I had in mind for adding a creator. Too small and unreliable health.
I mean I guess it would have to be for KP....I just read he and the Celtics want to part ways so I though maybe it was a chance to get him for low value...not really sure for what though.

Not sure how bad the injuries are....when you are on a bad team you tend to miss games.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:56 PM   #150
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

My friend said he saw somewhere KP for Bagley/Hield. Not sure if that works salary cap wise, but that would give us a knockdown outside shooter, and RC has a knack for getting the most out of 1st round busts. Maybe he could get Bagley to play to his potential.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:06 PM   #151
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Doesn't he pose the same injury concerns and defensive fit next to Luka as KP did?

Besides I'm tired of small guards who can't help us on the defensive end come playoff time

Mavs need to grab some legit wings who can matchup defensively out west

These one trick pony small guards aren't helping this team.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:21 PM   #152
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Like I said above though, THJ isn't the issue KP is. THJ was paid to be the 3rd or 4th option here. I can't knock him because this teams talent building is a issue.
THJ is fine if he is paid like the 1 dimension 3rd option he should be. He becomes a problem when he takes up more of the cap space share than he should. We are in position to not make that mistake. But we will because the FO is struggling.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:48 PM   #153
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post

Losing 3 home games trumps being favored in a series in my book
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:17 PM   #154
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
THJ is fine if he is paid like the 1 dimension 3rd option he should be. He becomes a problem when he takes up more of the cap space share than he should. We are in position to not make that mistake. But we will because the FO is struggling.
What do you think the going rate is for a 1 dimensional 3rd option?
Old 06-09-2021, 08:18 PM   #155
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Doesn't he pose the same injury concerns and defensive fit next to Luka as KP did?

Besides I'm tired of small guards who can't help us on the defensive end come playoff time

Mavs need to grab some legit wings who can matchup defensively out west

These one trick pony small guards aren't helping this team.
I'm kind of over looking for guys for defense. I need scorers.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:19 PM   #156
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
My friend said he saw somewhere KP for Bagley/Hield. Not sure if that works salary cap wise, but that would give us a knockdown outside shooter, and RC has a knack for getting the most out of 1st round busts. Maybe he could get Bagley to play to his potential.
I'd love to do that I just don't know if the Kings would. I guess Bagley may be considered a bust but he's actually a very good player. Is in the same vein as Christian Wood and John Collins.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:07 PM   #157
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Losing 3 home games trumps being favored in a series in my book
Yeah I agree here

Mavs were up 2-0 with 3 home games left to seal the deal

At that point favorites or not you have to win that series.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #158
SMC0007
Guru

Miles Turner is a huge reach and I doubt KP and others could get it done but I wonder what Indy would want. Would KP, Brunson, Josh Green or some combination and 2022 1st come close to getting Turner and TJ Warren who is coming off a foot injury that cost him a season?

Old 06-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #159
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Miles Turner is a huge reach and I doubt KP and others could get it done but I wonder what Indy would want. Would KP, Brunson, Josh Green or some combination and 2022 1st come close to getting Turner and TJ Warren who is coming off a foot injury that cost him a season?
I’d like to know what the price is for Malcolm Brogdon. Not sure what the contracts would look like, but Turner/Brogdon for KP/Brunson etc.? I wonder if there is any market for a sign and trade THJ? I wonder if he would be open to that sort of thing if he’s not coming back here.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:50 PM   #160
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don’t think we can trade the 2022 1st rounder since we owe NYK 2023 1st in the KP deal. I believe the next available for trade is 2025.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks