Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-03-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Cowboys Second Half Predictions

Tabula rasa, baby. "Clean Slate".

6-2 through 8 games. Tougher schedule the rest of the way. Make your predictions now. As is my pet peeve, some sort of rationale is encouraged.

Me: 4-4 the rest of the way with victories over Giants, Saints, Buffalo and Eagles. Actually, I just made that up. I'll think it about it more later.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2003, 02:20 PM   #2
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Cowboys Second Half Predictions

Last game notwithstanding, the Cowboys have been playing better than I anticipated, but looking at their remaining schedule, I can't see them doing better than 3-5 (for a final record of 9-7).

Rationale: They haven't played well enough to beat the better teams they are playing especially on the road.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:39 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Cowboys Second Half Predictions

5-3 from now on.

11-5 the season.

(What am I thinking? well, WTH)

Old 11-03-2003, 03:00 PM   #4
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I think the Cowboys will be "in" just about every game they play. I don't think they'll get another tampa bay-esque arse whooping (which should have been a closer game - if they had limited their mistakes...) I see them going either 4-4 or 3-5...either of which should get them into the (dare I say the "P" word?) Playoffs.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:13 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

My full season prediction was off, but what the heck...

I see them going 5-3, with wins against Buffalo, the Redskins, the Giants, the Panthers, and the Saints and losses against the Eagles, Patriots, and Dolphins.

Old 11-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see....

Buffalo Bills - How do we keep getting teams after their bye week? I think it won't matter again with us being at home. - W
New England Patriots - Pretty sure Carter is going to have a tough day. L
Carolina Panthers - This team is hard to figure out, but since we are playing at home I give us a win - W
Miami Dolphins - Thanksgiving Day..... I would hate to think we would lose on Thanksgiving Day, that always makes the Turkey taste fowl (dad joke?) - W
Philadelphia Eagles - We need to win this one, but I'm afeared that we will not. - L
Washington Foreskins - Those guys suck - W
New York Giants - A division game that will be fun to watch, if they are still in the running for the East. - W
New Orleans Saints - We should have the East wrapped up by now, if we don't I say we win, if we do - L

So I have a situational record of 5-3 or 6-2 depending on the East standings in the last week. Wow, never thought I could have said that going into this season (although to be honest, I think we might lose the Miami game. But it is Thanksgiving so I can't bring myself to say we lose).
Old 11-03-2003, 03:34 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Let's see....

Buffalo Bills - W
New England Patriots - L
Carolina Panthers - W
Miami Dolphins - Thanksgiving Day..... - W
Philadelphia Eagles - W
Washington Foreskins - W
New York Giants - W
New Orleans Saints - We should have the East wrapped up by now, if we don't I say we win, if we do - L

6 - 2 Undefeated in division.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:41 PM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Let's see....

Buffalo Bills - W
New England Patriots - L
Carolina Panthers - W
Philadelphia Eagles - W
Washington Foreskins - W
New York Giants - W

I hope you're right LRB. And the optimist in me wants to really believe that, but I guess I'm just a glass is half-full type of prognosticator.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:42 PM   #9
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Let's see....

Buffalo Bills - W
New England Patriots - L
Carolina Panthers - W
Philadelphia Eagles - W
Washington Foreskins - W
New York Giants - W

I hope you're right LRB. And the optimist in me wants to really believe that, but I guess I'm just a glass is half-full type of prognosticator.
CORRECTION: "half-empty". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 03:50 PM   #10
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Buffalo - W (The sooner Roy Williams can hit Bledsoe, the better....)

@ NE - L (Pats are solid, and it will be especially tough if the weather's cold.)

Carolina - W (Boys match up well with Panthers. They should be able to contain Stephen Davis.)

Miami - L (Dolphins will be playoff-desperate. This one will be a letdown after beating Carolina.)

@Philly - L (The Eagles have gotten their act together. A close but tough loss in cold weather.)

@Wash - W (Nothing about the Redskins is good right now. Don't see it getting any better for them.)

NY Giants - W (The Boys are due for a takeaway binge and Kerry Collins is the right candidate.)

@ NO - L (Another letdown game, and since the Saints won't be playing for the playoffs, they'll actually win a December game.)

Final record: 10-6 with at least a wild card berth.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #11
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Buffalo Bills - The Bills suck this year. Cowboys win

@New England Patriots - The Pats are an enigmatic team. Pats win.

Carolina Panthers - Carolina has one of the leagues toughest defenses similar to Tampa if not better. Carolina win.

Miami Dolphins - Miami is better than Dallas right now. Dolphins win.

@Philadelphia Eagles - We will sweep the Iggles. They suck. Cowboys win.

@Washington Foreskins - I thought the Skins would win last week...I'll say we split. Skins win.

New York Giants - Tough team, tough game. Giants win.

@New Orleans Saints - The Saints bleaux chunks this year. Cowboys win.

Second half record: 3-5
Season record: 9-7 and a wildcard berth

bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #12
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road

Best case-- 5-3

But they will go 4-4 and finish at 10-6, first in the division
Old 11-03-2003, 07:17 PM   #13
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Monday October 20, 2003 4:15 PM This is a 10 and 6 football team. Maybe better than that, but I think they win 5 of the last 10 at least. Maybe 7 or 8.
I'll stay with my original prediction.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:11 PM   #14
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

3-5 for the 2nd half...but hell, I thought that they'd be 7-9 for the season...so....

NEVERMIND.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:57 AM   #15
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

If they continue to improve on this season; this is what I foresee...

Game 09 - W
Game 10 - W
Game 11 - L
Game 12 - W
Game 13 - L
Game 14 - W
Game 15 - W
Game 16 - W

Ending in a record of 12-4 that wins the NFC...

Here's to the blue koolaid...

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img]

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:09 PM   #16
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Who is a good football team? Arizona sweeps 49ers, Houston beats Carolina, New Orleans beats Tampa Bay. I have no idea whats going to happen down the stretch?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 01:56 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Buffalo Bills - W
New England Patriots - L
Carolina Panthers - L
Miami Dolphins - L
Philadelphia Eagles - L
Washington Redskins - W
New York Giants - L
New Orleans Saints - L

Final record 8-8.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 02:19 PM   #18
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Who is a good football team? Arizona sweeps 49ers, Houston beats Carolina, New Orleans beats Tampa Bay. I have no idea whats going to happen down the stretch?

Nice post JayC...

You have basically given us a summary of the NFL this season. All non-playoff teams last season having winning records so far this season...

Man, I love this game!

Whoops..wrong sport.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 11:00 PM   #19
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Buffalo Bills - W - Well, lets just start with the fact that I hate the Bills and wish them nothing but complete and utter failure. Secondly, they have no rushing game and the offensive line has been terrible this year. Dallas D will have their way with Bledsoe.

New England Patriots - L - Pretty solid team offensively, plus their defense has been really good at creating turnovers. This is SUPER bad news for the cowboys haha (as we all know).

Carolina Panthers - L - I almost reversed my decision on this one because I really don’t know why the Panthers are doing so well this year (I guess I’m just not paying attention). But anyhow, they managed to dispose of the Colts - that counts for something. I’m still giving this game to Carolina.

Miami Dolphins - L (but changing to W) - As of this week, Miami is undefeated on the road. Will they try to bring Fiedler back?? By the time this game rolls around who knows. And why the hell is Ricky only getting the ball 13 times??? Ok, I am changing my mind on this one - I’m giving this game to Dallas (much to my own dismay).

Philadelphia Eagles - L - If McNabb is able to gain some confidence from the game against the Falcons, momentum could start to shift their way (and it already has). Plus, its in Philadelphia. Sorry, this one goes to the Eagles.

Washington Redskins - W - They suck.

New York Giants - L - I have no real good reason for this one, I just think the Giants will win.

New Orleans Saints - L - Okay, again, there really is no reason the Cowboys wouldn’t be able to win this one. I just don’t have it in me to predict 10 wins for the Boys this season. I just can’t do it. I can’t! Therefore, by default, this game’s gotta go to the Saints.

So there, I had them at 8-8, now they're 9-7. Might be good enough for a wild card spot.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 11:56 PM   #20
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Let's see... 4-4 rest of the way, wins over the Bills, Dolphins, Skins, & Saints.
So that would mean... 10-6 on the year. Well that sounds too high. Maybe we lose one of those. 9-7 sounds more reasonable. I won't say the P word, there will be no jinxing here.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:08 AM   #21
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Cowboys Second Half Predictions

Bills - W. Dallas D will get this one done
Pats - L. The Pats have a bye week to scheme for Dallas. And we all know how well "their" Bill can scheme
Panthers- W. Shut down Davis, and you win. And nobody runs on Dallas
Dolphins - L - I actually have no ideal about this one. Could go either way
Eagles- W- this is the win that propels the boys to a division title, and a playoff apearance.
Skins - W. Spurrier is a tool
Giants - L - Giants are a hot, or not team, and i think they'll be hot this game.
Saints - W- The giants loss will be a blessing in disguise that gets the boys minds right for this game, and going into the p______s.(no jinx)

5-3, ending at 11-5. Yeah 11-5.
for some reason i don't believe myself about this one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]