Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-13-2002, 07:43 PM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know when they will tell us who the particpants are going to be?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2002, 12:06 AM   #2
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

If memory serves...Is'nt it usually around the same time they announce the complete all star team? Not only the starters but the coaches selections also....not sure...
Does anyone think Dirk or Steve or maybe even T-Bug will enter?
And will Donnell enter the slam dunk contest and throw down the double windmill?
Old 01-14-2002, 01:26 AM   #3
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

i could get answers to both of those after next home game but why? you guys dont believe me anyway. i will just ask and keep the answer to myself.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 02:39 AM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

rcf, I don't think anyone here will criticize you if you care to give your opinion or impression, whether or not it stems from any information you might have access to that most of us don't. And if you're right, then you can rub it in the face of anyone who does. Seems pretty simple to me.

I think Dirk & Steve are surely going to do it. Dirk's percentage is down a little this year, but he's placed 2nd and 3rd the last two years, so surely he'll do it.

I'm really hoping Donnell does the Dunk Contest. That was a little tiny blurb about him wanting to do it on db.com, and then nothing else.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 04:51 AM   #5
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Steve has to be taken for the 3point-shootout, he's one of the best around the league at the moment. Steve Smith will be hard to beat, he's shooting 55% right now i think...
I would love to see Antoine Walker in the shootout, they would have to get him double the balls and would hit more than anyone else...wow! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:09 AM   #6
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

rhylan, i think you are right and i will do just that. i will ask after the next home game and see what i can come up with. thanks for the suggestion.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 09:46 AM   #7
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well Nash in it is a given!
Old 01-14-2002, 10:49 AM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Steve Smith is probably a given.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:29 AM   #9
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

ray allen
Old 01-16-2002, 12:09 PM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Bucks' Allen Heads 1 800 CALL ATT Shootout

NEW YORK, Jan. 16 -- Defending champion Ray Allen of the Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics guard Paul Pierce headline a field of eight in the 1 800 CALL ATT Shootout, to be held on NBA All-Star 2002 Saturday night, February 9 at the First Union Center in Philadelphia.
NBA All-Star Saturday Night, featuring NBA.com Slam Dunk presented by RealOne, 1 800 CALL ATT Shootout and All-Star Hoop-It-Up will be broadcast live nationally at 8 p.m. EST by TNT, TSN and ESPN Radio.

Ray Allen's shooting touch will be tested by a stellar field of challengers.
Rocky Widner/NBA/Getty Images
Rounding out the star-studded field of eight will be Cleveland’s Wesley Person, Dallas’ Steve Nash, the Los Angeles Clippers’ Quentin Richardson, Orlando’s Mike Miller, Sacramento’s Peja Stojakovic and San Antonio’s Steve Smith. Allen will be attempting to join Larry Bird, Craig Hodges, Mark Price and Jeff Hornacek as a repeat winner of the competition.

The contestants in the 1 800 CALL ATT Shootout will be competing for $65,000 in prize money, with $25,000 going to the winner. Second place is worth $15,000, third place is worth $10,000 and fourth through eighth place is worth $3,000 each.

The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, February 10 will be broadcast live nationally on NBC, CTV and on ESPN Radio from First Union Center at 5 p.m. EST. The game will also be televised around the world in over 200 countries.

AT&T (http://www.att.com), an NBA marketing partner since 1992, is among the world's premier voice, video and data communications companies, serving consumers, businesses and government. Through a new sweepstakes, 1 800 CALL ATT will award eight winners, chosen at random from entrants including eligible callers and alternate means of entry participants using the service, with an all-expense paid trip to Philadelphia to sit courtside during the competition with a chance to win $50,000.

1 800 CALL ATT SHOOTOUT 2002 COMPETITORS

Ray Allen, Milwaukee
Wesley Person, Cleveland
Paul Pierce, Boston
Mike Miller, Orlando
Steve Nash, Dallas
Quentin Richardson, LA Clippers
Steve Smith, San Antonio
Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento

1 800 CALL ATT SHOOTOUT YEAR-BY-YEAR WINNERS

1986 -- Larry Bird, Boston
1987 -- Larry Bird, Boston
1988 -- Larry Bird, Boston
1989 -- Dale Ellis, Seattle
1990 -- Craig Hodges, Chicago
1991 -- Craig Hodges, Chicago
1992 -- Craig Hodges, Chicago
1993 -- Mark Price, Cleveland
1994 -- Mark Price, Cleveland
1995 -- Glen Rice, Miami
1996 -- Tim Legler, Washington
1997 -- Steve Kerr, Chicago
1998 -- Jeff Hornacek, Utah
2000 -- Jeff Hornacek, Utah
2001 -- Ray Allen, Milwaukee

Bucks' Allen Heads 1 800 CALL ATT Shootout
Old 01-16-2002, 12:46 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Dirk decided he didn't like having to bend down further than everyone else to take the balls of the rack. Damn. That pisses me off. Steve better improve over last year's performance.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 01:14 PM   #12
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Since Dirk is not on the list, it would probably mean he is a shoe in for the all-star game. The consolation prize goes to Nash, who makes the shoot-out, but not the all-star game...
Old 01-16-2002, 03:03 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Actually, as much as I'd like to see Mavs at all-star weekend, with Dirk and Fin's bum ankles and the pounding Nash takes, it'd be nice if they could get a break to rest.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:06 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i want dirk and nash to receive the nod and be given spots on the team.. however, i agree..i would like to see both of them take the time off
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote