Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default post finals: daniels and terry??

One good thing that might come out of this game (I know it's a stretch) is that Daniels value might go up, and we might be able to sign JET for a slightly lower price now because of his bad game, and the fact that he still needs a ring.

Who do you think we could get for these two... If you were willing to trade them.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
Zack

Zack is on a distinguished road

Lets Trade Dirk

Old 06-21-2006, 12:20 AM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

No thx
Old 06-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #4
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

My hope is that this game made Avery realize the value of Daniels if utilized properly. Hopefully we keep him and make a better effort to give him consistent minutes. But if we are still deadset on trading him, I think this game may give the league a glimpse of the type of player Quisy can be in the right situation.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:17 AM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I still think we get Jet for about the same price as he would have been before this series. I also think we will hold on to Quis, and have him start if Devin still looks so uncomfortable.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:34 AM   #6
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Just got home from the game. Daniels is the only guy who showed any balls at all tonight. He needs a much bigger role. As far as I'm concerned, 'Quis was the lone bright spot in a horribly played game.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:56 AM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
Just got home from the game. Daniels is the only guy who showed any balls at all tonight. He needs a much bigger role. As far as I'm concerned, 'Quis was the lone bright spot in a horribly played game.
Well, I will give Dirk some credit, and say he was pretty good tonight. 29 and 15 isn't bad any way you slice it.

At the same time, I think Quis was the second best guy for the Mavs tonight. It baffled me that he was totally taken out of the game by Avery after he singlehandedly turned the tide of the game in the 3rd quarter.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's numbers look fine--but he just didn't take over the game the way a superstar should. After a strong first quarter, he looked really tentative to me.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #9
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Pierce would be nice!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Dirk has hit the wall this year. He needs a long break.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #11
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i'd take pierce in an instant. love his game.

dirk does need a break...he looked a bit tired throughout this series. he needs to prepare for next year...you know he'll only be better..i mean, he works on his game all summer.

i don't know if i'd trade terry...daniels definitely might go up after last night's game.

i'd trade harris and daniels, and kvh for pierce and maybe someone else off of boston or something. probably can't/won't happen either way.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

At the very least I hope this gets Marquis more playing time if he stays... I doubt it though.

That's my only concern with Avery.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #13
fluid.forty.one

Guys we gotta keep Terry now, I just heard that next year he's going to "try to be aggressive and stay assertive" next year. Ha.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #14
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I'm all for trading the young talent for Marketable Superstars. I'd prefer to keep Devin and Dirk and move everyone else, but if I can keep Dirk and Josh and trade the other pieces then that's ok. The Mavs have a lot of valuable pieces. In a perfect senario the Mavs would acquire Iverson and Pierce.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #15
fluid.forty.one

AI/Harris/Iverson/Pierce/Dirk/Diop

holy cow.

I think it would cost more than Terry, Howard, Daniels, Stack, and Damp to do that though.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #16
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i don't want iverson. it'd be like getting another Terrell Owens in here.

i'd take pierce in an instant.

howard and dirk are your main building pieces. terry is a great guy, but he's on/off. same with stack. harris could be good i think...he just needs to make less turnovers and better decisions.

give me steve nash back howbout? ...trade harris/terry/daniels for nash.