Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-26-2003, 04:51 AM   #1
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road
Default Warriors-Blazers-Bulls Trade Rumor From LA TIMES:

GOLDEN STATE
trade Nick Van Exel, Cliff Robinson, Evan Eschmeyer, 2004 #1 pick(lottery protected)
for Rasheed Wallace

CHICAGO
trade Jalen Rose, Jamal Crawford, 2nd round pick 2004
for Nick Van Exel, Cliff Robinson, Golden State's #1 pick 2004(protected)

PORTLAND
trade Rasheed Wallace
for Jalen Rose, Jamal Crawford, Evan Eschmeyer, Chicago's 2nd round pick 2004
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2003, 09:46 AM   #2
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: Warriors-Blazers-Bulls Trade Rumor From LA TIMES:

Golden State gets Screwed on this deal. The only way they benefit is if their sole intention is to clear cap room this summer. This trade would do that for them as Wallace comes off the books (If I am not mistaken, but I think is contract is up.)

Chicago would get rid of the Selfish Rose, and the inconsistent Crawford. They would have a true PG in Nick and of Course Krause loves 1st round draft picks. He loves to stock pile young talent that goes nowhere. Still haven't figured out why they would want Cliff though, as they already have a logjam of fowards and Centers. But Nick would bring some leadership to the club. Maybe if Dallas was to trade Chicago Delk for Curry, maybe that would clear up some of the Jam and get them a Good SG. A lineup than of: Nick, Delk, Pippen, Robinson, and Chandler. Of course this would have to wait until Delk is Available to trade again.

Portland is the club that makes out like robbers on this trade. They get rid of (1) of their cancers, they get rid of the controversy of who is going to play PF, and they get a young PG who can get Rose and Randolph the ball. Not a bad lineup of Crawford, Wells, Rose, Randolph, and Davis.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 10:12 AM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Warriors-Blazers-Bulls Trade Rumor From LA TIMES:

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok

and of Course Krause loves 1st round draft picks.
Is Krause still with Chicago? I thought they got rid of this fat arse.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:03 AM   #4
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

It's hard to remove someone who owns the team...

I guess he could get rid of himself...
Old 11-26-2003, 11:04 AM   #5
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

yes they got rid of him. I like this deal for GS. NVE isnt happy
Old 11-26-2003, 11:05 AM   #6
Jamisonite
Golden Member

i thought krause was just the gm?
Old 11-26-2003, 11:08 AM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I thought Krause was GM too and the other Jerry was the owner.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:10 AM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

yeah just checked the Bulls website and Jerry Krause was the GM who resigned April 7th. He was replaced by John Paxon.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:12 AM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Portland better make this trade and run.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:12 AM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
It's hard to remove someone who owns the team...

I guess he could get rid of himself...
FYI: Jerry Reinsdorf is the owner.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:15 AM   #11
Jamisonite
Golden Member

just a thought....maybe they should throw TOR in and have TOR send A. Davis to PORT and PORT send Wells to Tor?
Old 11-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I love the trade for Portland because Rose would solidfy the 2/3 position. It would also allow them to trade Wells and not necessarily get fair value for him in return. Not to mention Crawford replacing Stoudamire when he's gone.

NVE and Robinson would provide more leadership on the young Bulls team. I guess NVE would be the short-term answer with Hinrich and possibly Williams manning the point down the line.

I have no idea what GS is thinking. To clear more cap room? Or do they expect Murphy to miss more time than expected? Dampier and Dunleavy have been solid so when Murphy returns, where does Wallace fit in? I guess he'd start at center and you'd have Damp and Foyle to back him.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #13
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

I have no idea what GS is thinking. To clear more cap room? Or do they expect Murphy to miss more time than expected? Dampier and Dunleavy have been solid so when Murphy returns, where does Wallace fit in? I guess he'd start at center and you'd have Damp and Foyle to back him.
They would start Damp Center Wallace at PF and Dunleavy at SF

Old 11-26-2003, 11:33 AM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No way they bring Murphy off the bench. I think Dampier or Dunleavy will take a seat if Wallace comes to town. My guess would be Dampier, but he'd still get solid minutes because Wallace would shift to pf when Murphy gets a rest.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:33 AM   #15
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

Would you rather have Murphy by himself OR having Murphy start and Wallace off the bench (or the other way around)?

I always said that the only knock on Wallace is his 10 cent head. With the right coach and a change in mindset, Wallace could be the best power forward in the league (okay maybe third).
Old 11-26-2003, 11:54 AM   #16
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Yes, there is no way they would take Damp out as center in starting lineup. He is playing like a madman this year on the boards. 12.7 PPG and 14.1 RPG. When he has turned it around this much (last year was 8.2PPG and 6.6 RPG), the team doesn't want to screw that up IMO. So they work the others in around him.

Interesting thing about this trade proposal. I wonder if it was sealed after last night's Portland loss against Washington. Portland had a last possession to win the game down by one at the time. There was about ten seconds left on the game clock and Stuedimire took a shot that was way off with a few seconds left and Wallace was no where to be found. Why was he not in there for the offensive board? At the end of the game they showed a full court view and Wallace was down on the other half of the court looking to play defense. WTF was that?!!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 12:03 PM   #17
Jamisonite
Golden Member

they would prob move damp to center murphy to pf and wallace to sf if they wanted to start murphy
Old 11-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #18
Lvubun1

I agree it sucks for G.S they finally have decent chemisty and they now want to add "Boof teams played hard' Wallace. Dampier attributes alot of his recent success to NVE and even Cliff for keeping him involved in the offense, you don't want to screw with that. For the Blazers like everyone else said, make this deal and get out of town, Crawford still has a shot of being a solid player, Crawford and Zach could be a solid one-two punch for the next couple years, of course they do add more bad attitudes. For the Bulls any trade that rids them of Rose, maybe the best cancer in NBA histroy they should do it.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #19
Lvubun1

I agree it sucks for G.S they finally have decent chemisty and they now want to add "Boof teams played hard' Wallace. Dampier attributes alot of his recent success to NVE and even Cliff for keeping him involved in the offense, you don't want to screw with that. For the Blazers like everyone else said, make this deal and get out of town, Crawford still has a shot of being a solid player, Crawford and Zach could be a solid one-two punch for the next couple years, of course they do add more bad attitudes. For the Bulls any trade that rids them of Rose, maybe the biggest cancer in NBA histroy they should do it.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:48 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

[quote]
[i]Originally posted by: [b]Ummmmm Ok They would have a true PG in Nick q]

sorry Umm, but I had a good laugh at this comment.....

remember, this all comes from a La La Land paper....any word form anywhere else?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote