Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-25-2003, 12:37 AM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Poll: Do you want to bring back Small Ball?

The inspiration for this one goes out to Captain Disaster. He provided a "brillant" trade idea of Fin for NVE. But it's certainly not the only one. Just think of the possibilities. Bradley for Boykins. Dirk for Stevie Franchise. AJ (Antawn Jamison) for AJ(Avery Johnson).

Come on don't you miss Small Ball. Let's bring back those days where the crowd goes wild over everyrebound and on average about 3 times a half. Bring back the days of getting killed in the paint every game. End the FT disparity and start sending the opponents to the line more than the Mavs. And hell while we're at it let's see if we can find a 40% FG shooter who'll hog the ball.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:42 AM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poll: Do you want to bring back Small Ball?

Well, considering Delk will soon be contributing again, we may just get to see it in coming days...
Old 11-25-2003, 12:44 AM   #3
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

So very true. I still believe that delk needs to come off the bench. no matter who starts in his place
Old 11-25-2003, 01:01 AM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Poll: Do you want to bring back Small Ball?

Please pass the Ovaltine, er...Jonestown Koolaid. There will be times where it will be advantageous to go small, but we already have the players for a good small ball lineup that can PLAY DEFENSE.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:16 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Who have thunk that ol Rigadeau would become so "relatively" popular. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 01:57 AM   #6
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

what I want to know is who voted to french Rodman.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:02 AM   #7
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

I can't believe that humor on any level is even tolerated on this site; especially as a topic!

Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:05 AM   #8
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Captain Disaster
I can't believe that humor on any level is even tolerated on this site; especially as a topic!
Had the proposed NVE for Finley thread been made tongue in cheek, we might have laughed with you. Since you were dead serious, we are laughing AT you.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:14 AM   #9
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz

It was Rigadeau, you know how those Frenchies are. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 02:52 AM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Captain Disaster
Why wouldn't humor be tolerated?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #11
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Small ball has its place in the NBA. Nellie just over uses its sometimes and worries why the Mavs get outrebounded.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:48 AM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I just saw this thread.

If the smal ball hasn't gone, why would I want to get it back?

If the question would be, do you want to get rid of the small ball? My answer would be: As a part of the system, absolutely. As a weapon in some matchups, no; but "some" stands for few, 10-12 games at most out of 82, or in very brief periods -5 minutes a couple of times per game- in other 20-30 games.

NEVER to be our regular starting lineup, not even in those 10 games. It should come from the bench.

Old 11-25-2003, 11:57 AM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not I, but you must admit, he can be pretty intriguing with that wedding dress on!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SMALLBALL MUST DIE IF USED AS OUR PRIMARY TACTIC; however, as Chiwas, I think it really can help us in spurts, (how do you think a team playing small ball could win 60 if not)...

Key word... SPURTS...
Old 11-25-2003, 12:01 PM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ahem (***raises hand***)

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 12:05 PM   #15
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

I think I'd rather french Rodman than have to suffer through small ball again.

*blech*
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 12:07 PM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Brave soul Bogey!
Old 11-25-2003, 04:03 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Key word... SPURTS...

heh heh heh...he said spurts.......heh heh heh twice...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

and as far as humor not being tolerated....quit posting rediculous crap and we just might seem funny again.....or keep posting crap and we'll just be funny to the rest of the group at your expense....but seriously, nothing but love[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

by the by, I could not cast a vote..too many valid choices! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 11:10 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:

Ahem (***raises hand***)

It takes a true fan to take one on the lips for the team. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2003, 05:30 AM   #19
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I'm just trying to do my part [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote