Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-02-2003, 11:24 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default More Vecsey BS

Quote:
Before Danny Fortson reconfirmed his criminality and Dirk Nowitzki sprained his ankle, the Mavericks were listening to offers for Eduardo Najera, who was in mid-mope due to minimal minutes. You don't have to be a born cynic to disbelieve Mark Cuban and the Nelsons when they swear they haven't been shopping Michael Finley. The plan is to obtain a younger, more athletic, defensive-oriented guard.
First off, I think Finley has been playing some solid defense. It's not being noticed by one or two Finley fans, but from a lot of people. Even his harshest critics.

Second, even if the Mavs are shopping Finley and are dying to get him off their hands, don't they already have his replacement in Howard? Daniels even?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:33 AM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:More Vecsey BS

What a dope that guy is.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

other than the $....there is no reason for anyone to be dying to get rid of Fin.....he is pure greatness!
I have said since the beginning of the season, give Howard one year to learn under Fin and then see what Fin will get you...
Vecsey is a moron who prints stuff with no consideration for the truth.....on more than one occassion he has proven yellow!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:05 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: More Vecsey BS

It's still pretty interesting that Vescey claims that the Mavs were shopping Najera until the Fortson hack. Could it be that Nelson is contemplating giving Najera most of Fortson's time, even after he returns to the lineup? I could beleive that.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:11 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
It's still pretty interesting that Vescey claims that the Mavs were shopping Najera until the Fortson hack. Could it be that Nelson is contemplating giving Najera most of Fortson's time, even after he returns to the lineup? I could beleive that.
ape, without a doubt Eddie has been coming out of the early season slump....more minutes for Eddie has never proven a bad thing in the past!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-02-2003, 12:11 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

If we were shopping Najera for anything it would be for someone with more size, I would think. That would mean, if anything, that we would step up our efforts to get another big after what happened last week.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:21 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Important things to remember:

1. Vescy is a dumbass
2. Vescy knows almost nothing about anything, including basketball
3. Vescy likes to pull "facts" out of his ass because he's too lazy to do a real job
4. Vescy is a dumbass
5. Vescy hates the Mavs and all things Cuban
6. Vescy woudl sooner strip naked and dive into a swimming pool full of rusty razor blades and barbed wire that say anything positive about the Mavs
7. Vescy is a dumbass
8. Vescy goes out of his way to make trouble for the mavs, including "inventing" stories that could be detrimental
9. Vescy doesn't have enought credibilty to get a job as copy boy at the National Inquirer

And don't forget

10. Vescy is a dumbass
Old 12-02-2003, 12:24 PM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Vecsey knows "the plan" because of all of his inside Mavericks sources.

Dallas isn't trading Finley. But if they do, it ain't gonna be for a guard. Sheesh.

Old 12-02-2003, 12:25 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

As for Najera, I think the Mavs would deal him for a reasonable skilled 7-footer.

Old 12-02-2003, 12:27 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
As for Najera, I think the Mavs would deal him for a reasonable skilled 7-footer.
I love what Eddie has brought to the table for the Mavs. For what he cost us, he's been a terrific bargain. But hell yes I'd trade him for a reasonably skilled 7-footer and I think the Mavs would be crazy not to.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:29 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
I love what Eddie has brought to the table for the Mavs. For what he cost us, he's been a terrific bargain. But hell yes I'd trade him for a reasonably skilled 7-footer and I think the Mavs would be crazy not to.
and without a package of somekind, would be hard pressed to find one!

Old 12-02-2003, 01:30 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Quote:
and without a package of somekind, would be hard pressed to find one!
True, but I wouldn't object to giving up eddie to get a reasonably skilled 7-footer. In other words eddie's not the deal breaker. It's the CBA, the other team's reluctance to part with talent, or the other teams requirement for other talent from the Mavs that would be a deal breaker.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:16 PM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Perhaps this trade would be plausible through both team's perspectives.

Dallas trades: SF Eduardo Najera (3.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.5 apg in 15.2 minutes)
SG Marquis Daniels (3.9 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 6.2 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (9.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 21.0 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Chris Mihm (8.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 18.4 minutes)
C DeSagana Diop (2.8 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.6 minutes)
PG J.R. Bremer (4.5 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.9 ppg, +5.1 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Cleveland trades: PF Chris Mihm (8.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 18.4 minutes)
Cleveland receives: SF Eduardo Najera (3.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.5 apg in 17 games)
SG Marquis Daniels (3.9 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 10 games)
PG Tony Delk (9.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 12 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.9 ppg, -5.1 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

This trade gives Cleveland a strong 3 in Najera : which provides them with some room to move Miles if they wish, a 2 that can defend the 1 while also providing some offensive spark in Delk, and a talented 2 with great potential in Daniels

The mavs ofcourse address their need in acquiring a couple of Big guys that can throw themselves around down low while also getting another replacement pg in Brewer that could play 5-10 minutes a game to give other players a short rest.

Imagine:
Mihm/Bradley/Diop/Fortson
Nowitzki/Walker/Fortson
Jamison/Howard
Fin/ Howard
Nash/Best/Brewer

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:22 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

I'd make your trade in a heartbeat, Dirkenstein.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:22 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

LRB, to be sure on this team there are a couple deal breakers...but no way Eddie is one of them! good point!...if in a package for a decent 7 footer, Eddie has to go, then he has to go.....

Old 12-02-2003, 02:27 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien

TRADE ACCEPTED

This trade gives Cleveland a strong 3 in Najera : which provides them with some room to move Miles if they wish, a 2 that can defend the 1 while also providing some offensive spark in Delk, and a talented 2 with great potential in Daniels

The mavs ofcourse address their need in acquiring a couple of Big guys that can throw themselves around down low while also getting another replacement pg in Brewer that could play 5-10 minutes a game to give other players a short rest.

Imagine:
Nowitzki/Walker/Fortson
Jamison/Howard
Fin/ Howard
Nash/Best/Brewer
I would hate to lose Daniels, but the deal is too good to pass up. Count me in.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:36 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:

TRADE ACCEPTED

Imagine:
Nowitzki/Walker/Fortson
Jamison/Howard
Fin/ Howard
Nash/Best/Brewer
I would hate to lose Daniels, but the deal is too good to pass up. Count me in.
I'm in as well.....Howard is the rook I'm most taken with...but still Daniels would be a tough one to stomach...but for this deal...I'm in...but why would CLE trade two bigs??? doubtful!

Old 12-02-2003, 02:49 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

Quote:
but why would CLE trade two bigs??? doubtful!
Totally agree sike. But if they were dumb enough to offer it, I'd hope that we would be smart enough to take it. And just like getting the winning lottery numbers, I wouldn't count on this happening.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:58 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

right there with ya!

Old 12-02-2003, 03:01 PM   #20
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: More Vecsey BS

Future 1st round pick
Dallas receives: SF Hidayet Turkoglu (7.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.2 apg in 21.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

San Antonio trades: SF Ron Mercer (6.5 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 16.3 minutes)
C Radoslav Nesterovic (8.1 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 29.2 minutes)
SF Robert Horry (4.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 13.6 minutes)
SF Hidayet Turkoglu (7.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.2 apg in 21.4 minutes)
Future First Round Pick
San Antonio receives: SG Marquis Daniels (3.9 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 10 games)
C Zydrunas Illgauskas (15.8 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 17 games)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.9 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: +2.8 ppg, -3.8 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Cleveland trades: PG J.R. Bremer (4.5 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)
C Zydrunas Illgauskas (15.8 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 32.6 minutes)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.9 apg in 28.6 minutes)
SF Ron Mercer (6.5 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 10 games)
C Radoslav Nesterovic (8.1 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18 games)
SF Robert Horry (4.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 17 games)
Dallas and SAs Future first round picks
Change in team outlook: -1.2 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Just an idea. SA gets rid of Rasho and gets a good center and in the same beat get 2 athletes (which they need) Dallas gets a big man and Hedo who might thrive here. And Cleve gets rid of Miles and gets 2 1st rounders and a hell of a lot of cap room. Losing Zs deal and MIiles's deal, and Mercers big deal is off the books after this year
Old 12-02-2003, 03:18 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

I'd do it, but still like the Delk for Mihm deal better.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:20 PM   #22
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
but why would CLE trade two bigs??? doubtful!
Totally agree sike. But if they were dumb enough to offer it, I'd hope that we would be smart enough to take it. And just like getting the winning lottery numbers, I wouldn't count on this happening.
This is a good point by Sike so I added another team to this mix that makes even more sense.

Change in team outlook: -5.4 ppg, +3.8 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

Cleveland trades: SF Ricky Davis (16.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.9 apg in 37.1 minutes)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.9 apg in 28.6 minutes)
PF Chris Mihm (8.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 18.4 minutes)
PF Malik Rose (9.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 18 games)
SF Robert Horry (4.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: -6.5 ppg, -4.3 rpg, and -4.4 apg.

San Antonio trades: PF Malik Rose (9.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.8 minutes)
SF Robert Horry (4.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 13.6 minutes)
San Antonio receives: SF Ricky Davis (16.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.9 apg in 16 games)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.9 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: +11.9 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and +5.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

In this trade, cleveland wouldnt mind trading away two bigs for the simple fact that they will be recieving two bigs right back.

Also, in trading away Miles and Davis that clears another problem of theirs that our trade with them allows them to solve. Basically this trade helps Cleveland get the players they want out out and some players that will help the team in without hurting them in loosing two bigs. San Antonio does this for the obvious reason that since the departure of Stephen Jackson, they are in desparate need of an athletic guard/shooter to compliment Duncans low post game. Ricky Davis solves this problem for them. Overall, this trade makes every team happy and better.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 12-02-2003, 04:39 PM   #23
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

TRADE ACCEPTED

Imagine:
Nowitzki/Walker/Fortson
Jamison/Howard
Fin/ Howard
Nash/Best/Brewer

Why would the Cavs take on Daniels or any guard for that matter when they already have Ricky Davis, Lebron James, Dajuan Wagner (People forget about this guy but I still think him and Lebron are going to be that franchise in the near future.)?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 07:11 PM   #24
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs

Why would the Cavs take on Daniels or any guard for that matter when they already have Ricky Davis, Lebron James, Dajuan Wagner (People forget about this guy but I still think him and Lebron are going to be that franchise in the near future.)?

Possibly to free up cap space and/or move an ego out that they dont want in. Davis hasnt been causing as much of a problem as many people speculated him to however there is still rumor of Ceveland shipping him elsewhere. Miles isnt living up to his potential and are in need of a strong talented 3 to compliment James. Najera could fill this role nicely. Delk provides an instant point guard while Wagner develops.

Old 12-02-2003, 07:14 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

Ricky Davis is a cancer that Cleveland needs to lose before he infects LeBron. Any move to get rid of his sorry and selfish ass couldn't be all bad.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:36 PM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Im going to make a thread on this trade