Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road
Default Toronto may get Bull's Rose in Multi-player deal

Toronto may get Bulls' Rose in multi-player deal
Nov. 21, 2003
SportsLine.com wire reports

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls and Toronto Raptors are involved in serious trade discussions for a deal that would include Jalen Rose, Antonio Davis and others, the Associated Press learned Friday.

Other players whose names have come up in the talks include Alvin Williams, Jerome Williams and Morris Peterson of the Raptors and Eddie Robinson and Donyell Marshall of the Bulls, according to a source close to one of the players who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The teams planned to speak again Saturday, the source said, and were likely to focus on a two-for-two deal.

"Is it going to go down?" Vince Carter asked outside the team's Manhattan hotel.

The people most qualified to answer that question, Raptors general manager Glen Grunwald and Bulls vice president John Paxson, did not immediately return calls.

Chicago has been rumored to have been shopping Rose, a small forward in his 10th NBA season. Rose, averaging a team-high 15.3 points but shooting only 39 percent from the field, briefly lost his spot in the starting lineup earlier this season.

Davis, in his 11th season, has said that he would not mind being traded from Toronto. He is averaging just 7.7 points for the offensively inept Raptors, who are scoring only 77.5 points -- the lowest in the league.

"The first thing I heard about that rumor was when I landed," said Toronto coach Kevin O'Neill, whose team arrived Friday evening for a Saturday afternoon game in New Jersey against the Nets.

Jerome Williams, a reserve forward for the Raptors and a fan favorite in Toronto, said he had been hearing the rumor all day but was hoping he would not be included.

"I live for the city of Toronto," said Williams, whose role has been reduced with the arrival of first-round draft pick Chris Bosh. "I heard a few things, but I assume it's just rumors."

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2003, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
Old 11-21-2003, 10:23 PM   #2
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Toronto may get Bull's Rose in Multi-player deal

more realistic than the idiocy proposed in another thread in this section.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:23 PM   #3
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Do you guys think it might be a three way swap. Rose to Toronto, Davis here, and Finley to Chicago?
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:30 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

MP I like that one better than the Jamison trade. Not that much difference in age between Fin and Davis as between Jamison and Davis. We trade up in height and a SG/SF for a PF/C. I'd hate to lose Fin's leadership, but I think that this would work better for the team.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:28 AM   #5
jimmychipwood

jimmychipwood is on a distinguished road

I agree, I like that trade. You could actually start:

Nash / Best
Howard / Delk
Walker / Jamison
Nowitzki / Jamison / Najera
Davis / Bradley

As I've said before, I'd rather see Jamison in the starting rotation than Walker, but I guess as long as Nelly's around that won't happen.

I'd hate to lose Fin. I'd rather see Walker get traded for a 2nd round pick than lose Fin, but that probably won't happen.

nbaunplugged.com
jimmychipwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 01:04 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Toronto may get Bull's Rose in Multi-player deal

pure unadulterated bullshit
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 02:03 AM   #7
jimmychipwood

What is, madape?

nbaunplugged.com
Old 11-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The Ape is right, If we get Davis for Finley, then it would be 24/7 small ball.

And i could've sworn Cuban said he'd never trade Finley.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:36 PM   #9
jimmychipwood

How do you figure getting a Center/Power Forward for a Shooting Guard who is being played at Small Forward means we would be playing more small ball?

I'm not saying we should definitely do this trade because of team chemistry, but I think we would have better talent at the right positions on the court.

We'd have a better chance of winning in the playoffs this year and next (we would have defeated San Antonio last year even without Dirk if we would have had someone like Antonio Davis to do some dirty work down low)...and we'd unload a max contract (what would have been left of Finley's) for 3 or 4 years after that.

nbaunplugged.com
Old 11-23-2003, 06:40 PM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Plain wrong.

Once Antonio Davis is on our roster, the PT of both Fortson and Bradley will drop to a big Zero, while Delk will be on the floor for like 30+ minutes. By trading Fin for Davis we would indeed getting both older and smaller, and for some reason I am pretty sure Antonio Davis won´t be able to defend Shaq.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:27 PM   #11
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

if we trade fin for davis we better get peterson as well. i do not trust delk playing a lot of minutes at the 2. cuz then all we have is best a point
Old 11-23-2003, 08:52 PM   #12
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Even with Delk NOT playing minutes at the two all we have at the Point is Best. Delk is not a point guard.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:08 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I would be interested in aquiring A Davis...but at what cost????Finley....maybe....Jamison....not so hot on that.....Delk or others..sure....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #14
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Jalen will improve Toronto, but still not enough.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 01:50 PM   #15
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Delk will be on the floor for like 30+ minutes
I hope that answers your question Jimmy.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote