Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-22-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default why jamison

why is jamison in all these trade rumors??? this guy is what the mavericks need. this guy should fit in the best with the mavericks. i dont get why people don like jamison. we need to keep him and if anyone is worth trading than it is tariq. he has done nothing for this team and i would like to see this team have at least one season together.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2003, 04:04 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:why jamison

Quote:
Originally posted by: thewillis12
why is jamison in all these trade rumors??? this guy is what the mavericks need. this guy should fit in the best with the mavericks. i dont get why people don like jamison. we need to keep him and if anyone is worth trading than it is tariq. he has done nothing for this team and i would like to see this team have at least one season together.
I'm with you on Jamsion all the way, but it's pointless to even bring up Tariq. Injury prone, overpaid, and undertalented = not really a tradeable commodity. He'll ride the injured list unless he gets thrown in on a deal involving one of the Big 5 or Cuban buys out his contract (or the Bobcats pick him up in the expansion draft - but we're probably not that lucky).
Old 11-22-2003, 04:14 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe there is a trade in the works involving the Mavs. However, I do believe that the Mavs are consistently burning the phone lines trying to see what they could do if so inclined involving Jamison.

The Mavs will get a point in which they realize that they don't have to have the 5th scoring option as much as previously believed. If Bradley is consistently utilized in 20+ minutes per game, Jamison's minutes will drop because Dirk will be playing less and less center.

As that occurs, Jamison's PT and FGA will drop more than he ever expected when he accepted the 6th man role. The role won't be like what we saw out of NVE last year. Why? Because the Mavs have 5 scoring options this year instead of the four legit options they had last year. Add that up and the shots just aren't there for Jamison to consistently get his share.

Will Jamison be content with a role that might see him palying less than 20 minutes in many games but sometimes more than 35? I don't know that he wouldn't be happy, but I can definitely see why a young All-Star caliber person would be disappointed to say the least.

Right now, it's all just speculation. However, I think we can all see that Nellie favors Walker more than he does Jamison. Jamison could very well be the odd man out.

As I said before the season, this team will gel but it probably won't gel in the manner in which Nellie had in plan. I said that the Mavs would come to a point to where they realized that sacrificing the playing time of one offensive player in favor of playing a more defensive minded player would not negatively affect their offense significantly. But, it would greatly improve their defense. If Bradley gets consistent playing time, the team will be gelling without Jamison playing nearly the role that Nellie had envisioned. If Nellie is willing to go with a lineup that features more defense, it's not good news for Jamison.

We'll just have to wait and see whether or not Jamison is willing to accept the even lesser role than expected. We'll also have to wait and see how willing Nellie is to go with a slightly more defensive oriented lineup more often than what he had planned.

But, if Nellie does go with Bradley and a couple of other defensive oriented players more, Jamison could be on the trading block
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 04:15 PM   #4
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: why jamison

I LOVE JAMISON. read my name...lol. But i think if we arent gonna play him its better for the team to trade him and get someone we will play
Old 11-22-2003, 04:31 PM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: thewillis12
A trade most likely will not occur however if one can be proposed that may help us out more so than having Jamison on the bench then it is not plausible to ignore such propositions. This applies to any trade scenario. We simply need more time to see how our players play with eachother and how they accept their roles on this team.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:12 AM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

The only way Jamison gets traded is if the Mavs get a stud big man. The Mavs won't trade him for anything else. I think nothing happens before the trade deadline.