Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-30-2003, 12:31 AM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Block Buster in the works?

Did you guys listen to Nellie in the Pre and Post Game show he was prasing KG like his life depended on it. Is there a block buster deal in the works to get KG to Dallas?
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2003, 12:36 AM   #2
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Block Buster in the works?

No. Nellie has always lumped huge loads of praise on opposing players. He can't help it.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 02:00 AM   #3
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Block Buster in the works?

KG is one of the best 3 guys in the game. I think hes the best team player in the league no doubt about it. The ONLY way we could get him is if we gave Dirk and someone else. And that someone else would have to be Fin/Walker/Jamison/ Nash and simply put that wont happen
Old 11-30-2003, 07:53 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"So we are content to have this board be the "dont go there, thats where the stupid people go" place....I'd rather just not allow stupid people to post.....I think the mods should lure the numorus fans of stupid trades into a large cavern and roll an even larger stone over the entrance...thus giving our forum back to the mentally stable and basketball intelligent!....but no one listens to me.... "

screw this trade forum crap!....yeah the Tpups front office signed him to a five year extension and now they have givin up on him......CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!......

BY THE BY: I do not think a trade for KG is in the works FFL....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 08:27 AM   #5
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
Did you guys listen to Nellie in the Pre and Post Game show he was prasing KG like his life depended on it. Is there a block buster deal in the works to get KG to Dallas?
The only way Dallas gets KG is if they give up Dirk. Even then, Minny might want even more. I think that's just typical Nellie praising other players. Don't read too much into it. In fact, if there was a trade in the works, the more Nellie would be hush-hush about it. He wouldn't draw attention to the player and create suspicion.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:57 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
No. Nellie has always lumped huge loads of praise on opposing players. He can't help it.

A better saying might be is that Nellie always dumps huge loads. Last night the load was praise about KG. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 04:08 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie always dumps huge loads. [/quote]

woah!....LRB.....sir....that is over the line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-30-2003, 05:24 PM   #8
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

you guys wouldn't trade dirk for KG?? KG = decent no. of points, fantastic rebounder, injury-free, shot blocker

Dirk right now = big scorer, decent rebounder, chronic ankle sprainer

rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 06:09 PM   #9
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

While KG is a fantastic player and is talented as anyone in the league...I'm afraid this is a Dirk Nowitzki town. So the answer is NO! The Mavs will go as far as the big German takes us.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 08:45 PM   #10
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
you guys wouldn't trade dirk for KG?? KG = decent no. of points, fantastic rebounder, injury-free, shot blocker

Dirk avg. 10 rpg 2 years straight, thats better then decent. Plus Dirk is more clutch and kills KG.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:08 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s

Dirk = Led team out of 1st round 3 years running and to the WCF last year.

KG = Never has let team out of 1st round.

Nuff said?
Old 11-30-2003, 10:42 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I don't know about Dirk leading the Mavs out of the first round of the playoffs the last 3 years because he did have alot of help from Nash, Fin, and Nick. He was apart of getting as far as they did in the playoffs though.

I wouldn't trade KG for Dirk but it's obvious that Garnett is the better player. Sometimes there are just players who are fit to play on certain teams. Dirk is fit to play on the Mavs. Garnett isn't. I don't think the T-Wolves even trade Dirk for KG. KG is playing great ball right now. I honestly think he is the best player in basketball talentwise.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 09:43 AM   #13
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

the wolves will never trade KG! they are building the team around him, that would be crazy!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:46 PM   #14
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

It would be great if he did. KG is a top five player in this league.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 01:11 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Block Buster in the works?

I was hoping that the huge contract-extention KG just signed would end all these ridiculous trade proposals. Guess not.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 01:18 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I was hoping that the huge contract-extention KG just signed would end all these ridiculous trade proposals. Guess not.

No, but at least it prevents the straight up trade ideas of TAW for KG. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2003, 01:47 PM   #17
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

For LRB:

Dallas trades: Tariq Abdul-Wahad ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (2.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.0 apg in 11.8 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (16.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Kevin Garnett (23.2 ppg, 14.1 rpg, 4.6 apg in 39.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.5 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

Minnesota trades: SF Kevin Garnett (23.2 ppg, 14.1 rpg, 4.6 apg in 39.2 minutes)
Minnesota receives: Tariq Abdul-Wahad ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
PF Danny Fortson (2.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.0 apg in 12 games)
PF Antoine Walker (16.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Closest I can come now to a straight up KG for TAW deal.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #18
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 06:02 PM   #19
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I don't know about Dirk leading the Mavs out of the first round of the playoffs the last 3 years because he did have alot of help from Nash, Fin, and Nick. He was apart of getting as far as they did in the playoffs though.

I wouldn't trade KG for Dirk but it's obvious that Garnett is the better player. Sometimes there are just players who are fit to play on certain teams. Dirk is fit to play on the Mavs. Garnett isn't. I don't think the T-Wolves even trade Dirk for KG. KG is playing great ball right now. I honestly think he is the best player in basketball talentwise.
Actually, dirk had little help from anyone but NVE in the portland series.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:41 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Walkerforthree
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs

Actually, dirk had little help from anyone but NVE in the portland series.
Well it's not like KG was playing with a bunch of 6th grade girls. Sure Dirk had help in the Portland series and so did every other supstar in the history of the NBA whose team has ever won a playoff series. Are you saying that only those who won with out having NVE for a teammate are the only ones who count as leading their teams out of the 1st round???

Old 12-01-2003, 06:47 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
I'm with you cow, just let this thread stop!

Old 12-01-2003, 06:48 PM   #22
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

LRB, I think you mis-construyed what I meant. I am saying that Dirk had hardly any help in the Portland series.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:20 PM   #23
LRB
Guru

Quote:
LRB, I think you mis-construyed what I meant. I am saying that Dirk had hardly any help in the Portland series.

Sorry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I misread your statement.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:13 PM   #24
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

Sorry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I misread your statement.
But I agree 100% with what you said. KG had tons of help in the past from wally, hudson and billups.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:16 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

But I agree 100% with what you said. KG had tons of help in the past from wally, hudson and billups.

KG's problem is that although he is a tremendous player, he's not a goto guy. He's more of a support guy. The Tpuppies need to find a guy who can be the go to guy scoring and let KG dominate everywhere else. That's what separates Dirk from KG. Dirk can be and is a go to guy. He needs to get a lot better to take the Mavs all the way to the promised land, but he's still pretty good right now anyways.