Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute
Default Preseason GDT: Cavs at Mavs

Will be aired on NBA TV.

Quote:
There was a welcomed sight at the Mavericks’ Monday morning shootaround.

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle rejoined his troops after staying behind in Dallas while the team journeyed to Indian Wells, Calif. without him Saturday for a preseason battle against the Phoenix Suns. Carlisle was resting comfortably after fainting during the team’s Friday practice, forcing the head coach to watch on TV as his team scratched and clawed before eventually falling, 98-90.

The coach says that he feels much better now and will definitely be on the sideline Monday night when the Mavs take on the Cleveland Cavaliers.

“I’m feeling great,” Carlisle said. “I got a little lightheaded and fainted. And between Friday afternoon and today I’ve gotten about 300 text messages and a bunch of emails. There’s a lot of people that have stories about fainting, and evidently it’s more common than we think. And so, I just got to drink more water, make sure I’m more hydrated and go from there.

“The thing that was most disappointing was when I got home on Friday, my daughter said, ‘Daddy, are you OK?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I’m fine.’ She goes, ‘Well, when Mommy went to go see you, I had to cancel my play-date.’ So I felt worse about that than fainting during practice.”

While Carlisle points out that he has no history of fainting, he does intend on making sure that the first time is the last time as well. Now that he’s back to work, the coach would like to correct the things that he saw and couldn’t adjust while watching his team play on national TV.

“We played a mediocre game. And we need to pick things up right about now. We’re going to be at full strength tonight…We’re looking to play better,” Carlisle said. “We’ve got to step it up tonight and regain momentum.

“There was some good things for me watching it from afar. You gain a kind of overall picture of the areas that we need to do better in and we will.”

The Mavs (1-2) will get their first chance to play better back on the American Airlines Center floor against the Cavaliers, who have gone 2-1 in their first exhibition season without the departing two-time MVP LeBron James.

“They’re a different team, but they’re playing a persistent style of basketball,” Carlisle said of the squad on the other side of the floor. “They’re quick, athletic, they stay after it. And so, you’ve got to play. They’ve got some hungry guys and they’ve got a lot of guys on that team that feel like they have a lot to prove without LeBron…It’s not a team you can take lightly by any stretch.”

The Mavericks will not take the Cavailers lightly when the two teams meet up Monday night. The Cavaliers-Mavericks game will tip off at 7:30 p.m. CT. For ticket information, visit Mavs.com or call (214) 747-MAVS (6287). The game will air locally on TXA 21 and nationally on NBA TV.
http://www.mavsfastbreak.com/2010/10...avaliers-mavs/
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I've never fainted in my life...what a pansy.

Can we also blame last season's rotation issues on him being "light headed"?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

START BAREA BECAUSE WE WIN 2/3 OF OUR GAMES WITH HIM STARTING!!!!!!1111
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
This man knows hoops.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Numbers don't lie...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Numbers don't lie...
They dont:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36592
Old 10-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I've never fainted in my life...what a pansy.

Can we also blame last season's rotation issues on him being "light headed"?
You took the words right out of my mouth. When RC has to try to deal with more than on concept at a time a valve opens in his ears to release the pressure. This unfortunatly also lets in light from the out side-thus the light headedness.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Would love to see DoJo start and get 30-40 tonight.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Basketball guru.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #10
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Link: http://www.firstrow.net/watch/31721/...avaliers.html#
Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
skakavac

skakavac has a spectacular aura aboutskakavac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
thank you :-)
skakavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kante again.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
skakavac

skakavac has a spectacular aura aboutskakavac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
sag mir mal wie du den link gefunden hast....
skakavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #14
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skakavac View Post
sag mir mal wie du den link gefunden hast....
Check your pm, don´t want to write german on topic!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #15
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

This should work too

its running

Last edited by GermanFan; 10-11-2010 at 07:40 PM.
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Only the Mavs can brighten my day just from the pregame stuff. GO MAVS!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #17
Kante
Diamond Member

Kidd, Jones, Butler, Dirk, Chandler the S5... Kind of expected!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I had no clue Ryan Hollins was on the Cavs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #19
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I had no clue Ryan Hollins was on the Cavs.
Dito.

Was kind of, "owh man" when i saw his name...
Old 10-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dominique had the defensive pressure, the defensive rebound, then made the layup on the other end. Nice.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #21
fluid.forty.one

This is the 2nd game in a row that TC has started, right?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

Dirk is nasty.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

I've always liked Gibson.. I hope he has a breakout year this year.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #24
sefant77
Guru

i really like Jones so far
Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #25
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go DoJo

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #26
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
This is the 2nd game in a row that TC has started, right?
I think RC really prefer to match Kidd with Chandler during most of Chandlers time

Last edited by sefant77; 10-11-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #27
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I've always liked Gibson.. I hope he has a breakout year this year.
Maybe the joke called Mo Williams still decide to quiet his career
Old 10-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #28
Kante
Diamond Member

With Barea we would be up by 12 already...
Old 10-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #29
fluid.forty.one

This is why Haywood will get lots of minutes...
Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #30
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Good hustle by Jones

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #31
sefant77
Guru

Is it just me or are 80% of Carons shots long jumper in this preseason?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #32
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Is it just me or are 80% of Carons shots long jumper in this preseason?
So far, true. Let´s hope it changes.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #33
fluid.forty.one

I gotta admit... Terry/Marion/Haywood off the bench is awfully filthy...
Old 10-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

lol how did EVERYONE not notice that there was no free throws.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #35
sefant77
Guru

lol refs
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #36
sefant77
Guru

btw cavs jerseys are f ugly
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wow worst refs ever....and I mean ever.

edit: Ok ok cough 06 cough

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-11-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #38
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

Veetle link

quali is better
Old 10-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

BIG WOOOOD!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #40
fluid.forty.one

Wow.. Terry is slicing to the hoop!

Tags
cadbanned sheds a tear