Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough
Default Bosh-Bobcats Trade

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion

Bobcats interested in trading the 4th overall pick for Heat forward Chris Bosh. (h/t CBSSports)

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion
As crazy as it sounds, it makes sense. The Heat will try and shred cap, draft a young forward (Anthony Bennett) and the Cats need a star.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

For all of the flack he gets, he was still like a top 15-20 player this season. The Heat can't get a trade exception from trading Bosh, either, because they'll still be over the cap unless guys decline their team options. And honestly, if I was Miami I'd much rather trade Wade than Bosh. Wade is a few years older, yet at this point he'd probably still net you more than Bosh would in a trade because of his caché around the league (despite the fact that he's shown clear signs of wearing out over the past two seasons).

And for Charlotte, obviously they're in a position where they maybe should roll the dice and try to get better, but there's also a pretty decent chance that Bosh opts out next summer and leaves them empty-handed. And even if they did add him, if the rest of the roster remained relatively intact, how much better does Bosh make them? Are they a 30-win team instead of a 22-win team? Not worth it for a possible 1-year return if you ask me.

If I was Charlotte and shopping the #4 pick, I'd probably be looking at getting a much younger guy like Tyreke or even Boogie Cousins -- a player whose value isn't at its peak right now but someone who could be a huge impact player with a change of scenery.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

He's FA next summer. Might get a max contract on name alone but he sure hasn't earned one.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I know the LoLcats will screw up the pick, but trading for Bosh? That is just terrible. He was a rich man's LeMarcus Aldridge. He may still be. But even then that isn't that great.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Man, I know the LoLcats will screw up the pick, but trading for Bosh? That is just terrible. He was a rich man's LeMarcus Aldridge. He may still be. But even then that isn't that great.
Aldrige is offended at this statement lol I think I'd take Aldridge over Bosh any day.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't think Aldridge is as good as Bosh was in Toronto. But that was also 3 years ago. Bosh is not the same player. Hell, he is fixing to turn 30 and already looking like he is on the downside of his career.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
For all of the flack he gets, he was still like a top 15-20 player this season. The Heat can't get a trade exception from trading Bosh, either, because they'll still be over the cap unless guys decline their team options. And honestly, if I was Miami I'd much rather trade Wade than Bosh. Wade is a few years older, yet at this point he'd probably still net you more than Bosh would in a trade because of his caché around the league (despite the fact that he's shown clear signs of wearing out over the past two seasons).

And for Charlotte, obviously they're in a position where they maybe should roll the dice and try to get better, but there's also a pretty decent chance that Bosh opts out next summer and leaves them empty-handed. And even if they did add him, if the rest of the roster remained relatively intact, how much better does Bosh make them? Are they a 30-win team instead of a 22-win team? Not worth it for a possible 1-year return if you ask me.

If I was Charlotte and shopping the #4 pick, I'd probably be looking at getting a much younger guy like Tyreke or even Boogie Cousins -- a player whose value isn't at its peak right now but someone who could be a huge impact player with a change of scenery.
Agreed, Cousins is a much better option.

I'm guessing this is something Bosh's handlers tossed this out to get his ass in gear.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote