Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #401
dmack24

dmack24 will become famous soon enoughdmack24 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I remember one year some fans thought Peja had surpassed Dirk.

Those people were idiots too.
Peja and Dirk do not even play the same position
dmack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #402
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Yep, this one year outweighs Dirk's eight straight years of taking mediocre teams through the playoffs and Garnett wallowing around at the bottom of basketball sucktitude.

How have we had Mediocre teams; we have had great teams in the past.

How is Jamison,Stack, Walker, Dirk, Nash and Nicky V in their prime a mediocre talented team?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #403
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Bring bak tht old thread Dirk vs KG and lets see what we all thought bak then.

according to you guys Dirk has never had a good team around him, even when Nash and Fin were here
People are homers; but God bless them because Dallas Mavs are the best fans; but im gonna side with KG. Dirk Had his chance with a ton of great talent and could not do it

Jamison,Stack, Nicky V, Nash,Walker, Finley; and himself. A team with that kind of talent should have won every game.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #404
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
How is that crap? You don't think that Dirk would have won a title by now with Pierce and Allen?

KG won a title the year he gets put with two other legit all-stars. Don't try to hide the fact that that happened.

KG by himself hasn't done sh*t. Look for yourself at his playoff record before Boston.

It's not crap. It matters.
and Finley,Nash,Jamison,Stack, Nicky V, And Walker in their prime on the mavs were not All Star worthy?

I remember at least two years within the last ten that Garnett had no one except Wally Scerbiak on his team and he took them to the playoffs. Dirk has always had great talent around him and could not capitalize; then when Garnett gets half way decent talent he wins a championship. There is not even a comparison right now. Though you could argue that he may have a slight edge over Gasol at the moment but it is not enough to stand out just yet.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #405
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack24 View Post
Peja and Dirk do not even play the same position

I think you need some reading glasses.....never said they did.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #406
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People are homers; but God bless them because Dallas Mavs are the best fans; but im gonna side with KG. Dirk Had his chance with a ton of great talent and could not do it

Jamison,Stack, Nicky V, Nash,Walker, Finley; and himself. A team with that kind of talent should have won every game.

That's funny....those five people were never on a roster together. Have you ever actually followed the team?

And there is no such thing has a basketball team that "should win every game". It doesn't exist. Period.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-05-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #407
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
That's funny....those five people were never on a roster together.
im listing talent dirk had that were all stars

Never on the same team?

Nash,Dirk, Nicky V, Finley, Lafrentz, Jamison, and Walker were all on the same team at one time. They should have won with that talent.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #408
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Never on the same team?
That's right. These people "Jamison,Stack, Nicky V, Nash,Walker, Finley;" were never on the same team.

It didn't happen. So they were never "A team with that kind of talent". They were never "a team".

Last edited by mary; 12-05-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #409
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Nash,Dirk, Nicky V, Finley, Lafrentz, Jamison, and Walker were all on the same team at one time. They should have won with that talent.
No, they weren't on the same team either.

You want to give it another shot?

I hear the third time is a "charm".

Last edited by mary; 12-05-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #410
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

People who think KG is better than Dirk are those who don't really watch basketball. They watch their favorite teams play and maybe catch a couple national televised game once or twice a week. They get everything else from ESPN or from what they read. Let's face it, when it comes to sports, on a purity level, the average American really does not know all that much.

I consider dmack24, at best, average.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 12-05-2008 at 10:50 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #411
Gus

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Ummmm, they traded Van Exel for Jamison and LaFrentz for Walker. Did LaFrentz ever make an All Star team? Or Jamison? I know Walker did in a VERY weak Eastern conference.

Dirk took a team to the Finals. He was the only all star from that team as well that year. Garnett didn't even get out of the first round in the West except for the year he had Cassell and Spreewell.

Quote:
im listing talent dirk had that were all stars

Never on the same team?

Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #412
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Ummmm, they traded Van Exel for Jamison and LaFrentz for Walker. Did LaFrentz ever make an All Star team? Or Jamison? I know Walker did in a VERY weak Eastern conference.

Dirk took a team to the Finals. He was the only all star from that team as well that year. Garnett didn't even get out of the first round in the West except for the year he had Cassell and Spreewell.
But even Cassell and Sprewell are not as good as Jamison, Nash, Finley,Walker and Dirk.

We went to the Finals with a good lineup and everyone believed we had the deeper team so that is a buch of bs. Our Bench was supperior to Miamis.

I guess Jet and Jhow and Devin are no bodies!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #413
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But even Cassell and Sprewell are not as good as Jamison, Nash, Finley,Walker and Dirk.

We went to the Finals with a good lineup and everyone believed we had the deeper team so that is a buch of bs. Our Bench was supperior to Miamis.

Yes, we did go to the finals and it was a bunch of BS. If you were a Mavs fan, you would know that.

(and yes I'm calling out your Mavs manhood)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #414
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
yeah Garnett is overrated, but so is Dirk
GOSH, you are like Horse's evil twin.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #415
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

JET, Josh, and Devin are all quality players, but NONE of them were voted into the All-Star game (Josh got in as an alternate because of injuries...)

Kevin Garnett isn't even the best guy on his team - how's that for a "supporting cast"???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #416
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

So we've covered Harris vs. Kidd and we're now working on Dirk vs. KG. All we need now is Nash vs. Terry/Damp and we'll have the DM.com trifecta.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #417
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd + Kidd expiring > Harris
Dirk > KG
Nash > Terry/Damp

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #418
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
GOSH, you are like Horse's evil twin.
hey I'm just speaking the turth someone said Garnett is overrated, and I agree but Dirk is overrated also
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #419
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
hey I'm just speaking the turth someone said Garnett is overrated, and I agree but Dirk is overrated also
How is Dirk overrated?

He rarely gets credit for the good things he does, and most often gets blame for the bad things that he is not responsible for.

How is he overrated?

Old 12-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #420
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Despite naysayers, Mavs are happy to have veteran Kidd in lineup

DALLAS — Go ahead, drool over dreams of Devin Harris still wearing a Mavs’ uniform. Curse the day that Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson — and yes, Avery Johnson, too, despite what he might be saying now — made that trade for Jason Kidd last year.

Harris’ eruption into an All-Star caliber player in New Jersey this season has made all that regret downright fashionable and I’d be the last one to try to dissuade you from wallowing in all that miserable angst.

It was a bad trade because it didn’t do what it was intended to do: carry the Mavs to another NBA championship run in 2007-08. It was bad because Harris will still be cutting and slashing to the basket when Kidd is in a rocking chair somewhere, watching on TV.

He’s just not there yet and that’s still the joker in this deal, because as well as Harris is playing, Kidd is also having himself a nice little season.

He’ll be judged, though, not on any individual stats, not on his scoring average, not on his still surprising ability to rebound and not even on his uncanny ability to dish out assists, where he ranks fourth in the NBA this season with 8.5 per game.

No, Kidd will be judged on whether he carries the Mavs into the playoffs and beyond, because that was what he was brought back here to do.

On a night when Dirk Nowitzki shot the lights out at the AAC with 39 points and the Josh Howard-less Mavs drummed their old rivals, the Phoenix Suns 112-97, Kidd quietly and efficiently went about his job of setting the table for Nowitzki, Jason Terry (19 points), J.J. Barea (18 points) and the rest of the Mavs.

As much as he might be unappreciated by those gnashing their teeth over the loss of Harris, Kidd has been everything that Mavs coach Rick Carlisle expected.

"And more. And more," Carlisle said, repeating himself for emphasis. "His aptitude for the game, his competitive spirit, his motor, which is just unbelievable, they’re all things I’ve marveled at from afar for a long time, but to see it first-hand and experience what he’s been able to do is remarkable."

Whether Harris would be doing for the Mavs what he’s now accomplishing for the Nets is at best debatable. My guess is, no, which doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a valuable asset here. It’s just that the Mavs wouldn’t have suggested to Nowitzki that he should plant himself in a corner to clear the way for Harris to do his thing.

No, Harris needed to leave Dallas — and especially the iron hand of Johnson — to develop into the player he is becoming in New Jersey.

Kidd, meanwhile, continues to do what he has always done. He has become the Mavs’ unquestioned floor leader.

"He just does his thing," Carlisle said. "He prepares, he works, he does it by example and he helps give guys confidence on the floor."

Despite Barea’s emergence as a force in the Mavs’ last two games, it’s probably a little too soon to call Kidd Dallas’ "other point guard." The young and blossoming Barea has become a better player by simply having a chance to see Kidd up close and personal on a nightly basis. Lately, he’s even been getting the chance to play alongside him.

"Without even talking, he gets everyone involved," Barea said. "He sees things on the floor that nobody else sees.

"He’s always in the right spot at the right time, always chasing the ball."

It’s easy to look at the Mavs’ record (27-25 including the playoffs) since Kidd arrived Feb. 18 and declare him a failure here. But he joined a team that was burned out and tired last season and one that has been adjusting to a new coach and new system this season.

Still, that alibi only goes so far, as even Carlisle understands.

"That’s kind of a crutch to say that. I’m just not into that," Carlisle said. "I think we’re at the point where we shouldn’t be talking about an adjustment period."

Thursday night’s comfortable victory was exactly what the Mavs have been needing, a win against a quality team, even though the Suns are struggling with a new system of their own.

It was the Mavs’ eighth win in their last nine games, their third in a row and moved them past the Suns and into seventh place in the Western Conference standings.

Slowly but surely, the Mavs, even without Howard, seem to be shaking off their rough start and finding their legs. Give Kidd a large share of the credit for that.

"He’s more comfortable in the system that we have now," Terry noted. "Coaches give him freedom and players have adjusted to his style of playing. We know if we get out and run the floor, he’s going to get us the ball.

"He’s the best to ever do it [finding the open man]. Him, John Stockton and Steve Nash are the three I think about.

"Not dissing Magic Johnson, but these are guys who make their teammates better. They play the game so unselfishly, you can’t help but want them to be on your team."

What’s done is done. Kidd is here, for better or for worse, and from the head coach to the players in the locker room, there’s no looking back. Maybe it’s time to stop gnashing those teeth and follow their example.
http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/1076269.html
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #421
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
How is Dirk overrated?

He rarely gets credit for the good things he does, and most often gets blame for the bad things that he is not responsible for.

How is he overrated?
I just find him overrated, well maybe he isn't overrated but all Dirk fans I know complain about him not getting calls. I mean get over it if he doesn't get a call he doesn't get a call. He is good most Dirk fans just make me hate him and find him overrated along with a lot of other players. Now as for the blame he shouldn't get the blame the whole team meaning Dirk and anyone is the past should get blame for not getting things done, if he has a bad game for sure he should deff get blamed though
Old 12-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #422
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just find him overrated, well maybe he isn't overrated but all Dirk fans I know complain about him not getting calls. I mean get over it if he doesn't get a call he doesn't get a call. He is good most Dirk fans just make me hate him and find him overrated along with a lot of other players. Now as for the blame he shouldn't get the blame the whole team meaning Dirk and anyone is the past should get blame for not getting things done, if he has a bad game for sure he should deff get blamed though
You're a bitch...

(seriously...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by mary; 12-05-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: just because I freakin could!
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #423
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Piss off, troll.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #424
mary
Troll Hunter

Take it to PM's. I'm tired of reading this crap in every thread.

Last edited by mary; 12-05-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #425
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I said STOP.

I meant it.

Mary
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."

Last edited by mary; 12-05-2008 at 09:44 PM.
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #426
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

DH is #8 on the race to the mvp rankings
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 AM   #427
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

You guys are such homers...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:28 AM   #428
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
why would you frown about that? it's good for him
Old 12-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #429
Nowitzkizer

Nowitzkizer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Realistically, he won't win the MVP. To win the MVP, the candidate has to be on a top 5 team which the Nets aren't. I'm happy for him, regardless. Going from a third option puppet of a point guard to a top 10 scorer, top MIP candidate, and #8 MVP candidate is an accomplishment, especially if he stays in the MVP race throughout the season. I don't see that happening though.

If he does prove me wrong and win the MVP, then I might a little inside.
Nowitzkizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:00 AM   #430
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I think Dirk and KG are pretty much equal in terms of overall talent, dedication to the game and success. Put Dirk on the Minnesota teams of the past, and I doubt he would have achieved much more than KG, same goes for KG in Dallas.

Would be all so different if Dirk had made those free throws against Miami. Winning it all makes such a great difference when talking about the greatness of a player.

Gasol? G I V E M E A B R E A K...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #431
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzkizer View Post
Realistically, he won't win the MVP. To win the MVP, the candidate has to be on a top 5 team which the Nets aren't. I'm happy for him, regardless. Going from a third option puppet of a point guard to a top 10 scorer, top MIP candidate, and #8 MVP candidate is an accomplishment, especially if he stays in the MVP race throughout the season. I don't see that happening though.

If he does prove me wrong and win the MVP, then I might a little inside.
if he wins mvp, he will shock me. Like you said to win mvp the team has to at least be in the top 5. But this is pretty good that he is actually talked about right , since Nets are never talked about much, it's always Knicks
Old 12-07-2008, 06:00 AM   #432
basketballgirl25
Banned

so since this is a Devin Harris thread I'll post it here, only 12 more days till Mavericks come play the Nets, hopefully mavs win all there game till then and coming in thinking easy win, so Nets win like my dream last night, hopefully this dream is right like half my other dreams have been
Old 12-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #433
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I didn't watch KG in his prime, too young then, so I can't say for sure whether KG 6-7 years ago was better than Dirk 6-7 years ago. Based on what I see statistically though, Dirk has been better than KG for 3-4 years now.

KG is a second fiddle on his team who gets to the line less than 3 times a game. I swear everytime I tune into a Celtics game I get a feel that KG has no offensive imprint whatsoever. He's just a jump shooter, and doesn't have much back to the basket game. I would go as far as to say Rondo is more valuable to the Celtics offensive scheme w/ his penetration than Garnett is with his jump shooting, and I don't feel stupid for saying it.

On that Celtics team, there are TWO players you would rather take the last shot than KG (Allen, Pierce). I think that says a lot about how overrated this guy is.

Also, KG's disappearing act in 4th quarters makes him one of the most overrated players in the game. He doesn't have a clutch bone in his body.

Of course Dirk is the straw that stirs the Mavs offensive drink... gets to the line 6-7 times a game. Has 3-PT range... can take over stretches of games with his offense. Has an arsenal of moves, etc. Is clutch no matter what anybody says, proven through watching the Mavs and proven through statistics. This FAR FAR FAR outweights KG's superior defense IMO.

Just a thought on that.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #434
basketballgirl25
Banned

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/35629644.html
that's a awesome article and I love what Jefferson has to say about Harris

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 12-07-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #435
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
so since this is a Devin Harris thread I'll post it here, only 12 more days till Mavericks come play the Nets, hopefully mavs win all there game till then and coming in thinking easy win, so Nets win like my dream last night, hopefully this dream is right like half my other dreams have been

??? soo you have dreams about who wins basketball games..hmmmm

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #436
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
??? soo you have dreams about who wins basketball games..hmmmm
haha, yeah sometimes. I mostly have dreams about being on a cruise ship, but sometimes I have dreams about who wins basketball games. Once I had a dream someone came on shot up the izod center, this was in 2007 when Kidd was still on the team, when the played raptors in the playoffs in the first round needless to say Kidd died is that along with all the Nets, but werid dreams come a lot
Old 12-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #437
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

... I hate you for so many reasons, there are a lot of morons on this board but you take the cake (sorry horse)

Anyway, I guess we'll find out what kind of player Devin truly is when we play against him. If he goes out and tries to net 50 on us (either successfully or unsuccessfully) we'll know he has that vengence mindset. If he doesn't... well then, i'll actually be more disappointed in trading him. If that fire isn't coming from being traded and proving us wrong then it must just be his naturally developing skills. In theory this should still be an easy win for us, they may still be overacheiving but we're actually clicking now.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #438
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
... I hate you for so many reasons, there are a lot of morons on this board but you take the cake (sorry horse)

Anyway, I guess we'll find out what kind of player Devin truly is when we play against him. If he goes out and tries to net 50 on us (either successfully or unsuccessfully) we'll know he has that vengence mindset. If he doesn't... well then, i'll actually be more disappointed in trading him. If that fire isn't coming from being traded and proving us wrong then it must just be his naturally developing skills. In theory this should still be an easy win for us, they may still be overacheiving but we're actually clicking now.
I think it will actually be pretty good match up, not between the teams just between Kidd and Harris, I think they will both want to try to prove something. Kidd that the mavs made the right trade and Harris that the mavs were dumb enough to trade him. Hopefully it will be a great game and Carter will play amazing, I think he might want to prove something also, that he can lead a team, proving people wrong this year so far and is pretty damn good. Good thing for the Nets is it is a back-to-back and they have been pretty good for back-to-back games this year. But hey if the Nets can't beat them I would just be happy for Harris to own Kidd because that would still mean a steal for the Nets
Old 12-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #439
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nets suck...and the nets fans suck.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #440
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

You don't need any more evidence that this was a steal for the Nets. The only thing I hate about that team is Vince Carter, and that roots back to his days as a Raptor. The man is a quitter and honestly I think the only reason he hasn't had an "injury" this season is because the Nets have been surprisingly good. When you hit a rough stretch he'll go down, and when the team gets back on track he'll make a miraculous recovery to be part of that winning.

Too bad that's the type of mentoring your young talent has over there.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
worst thread ever