Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2001, 12:18 AM   #1
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I know that most of the threads lately have been about what to do at the center position. This isn't one of those. This is for eveyone that hates Bradley with the same passion as I. I just though ya'll might have something to say.
Old 04-13-2001, 12:21 AM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I appreciate this opportunity to voice my displeasure with this big goofball. Every time I see him on the court, I feel ill. I feel like our lead is going to suddenly vanish right before my very eyes.

Ok, enough of this analysis stuff, in simple terms, SHAWN BRADLEY SUCKS!!! Complete waste of height!!!
Old 04-13-2001, 12:24 AM   #3
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Well said![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2001, 12:25 AM   #4
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Woooooooooo! Shawn Bradley rocks!

BRADLEY MVP BRADLEY MVP BRADLEY MVP BRADLEY MVP BRADLEY MVP BRADLEY MVP BRADLEY MVP BRADLEY MVP BRADLEY MVP!

We love you Shawn!
Old 04-13-2001, 12:28 AM   #5
Hales233
Golden Member

You Bradley fans are psychos [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey guys, don't forget to head over to the lounge and vote in the new poll: who is the dirtiest player in the NBA?
Old 04-13-2001, 12:38 AM   #6
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Already done...

Old 04-13-2001, 12:41 AM   #7
Mavinator
Golden Member

Brigham Young '94!

Big Number 44 in name, Big Number 1 in blocks per forty-eight minutes!
Old 04-13-2001, 12:42 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I think Evilmav's logging in and using Mavinator's user acct [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 12:45 AM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Recorded his first career triple-double, with 19 points, 17 rebounds, and 11 blocked shots, against the Washington Bullets on 3/14/96 Became the first player in NBA history to record double-figure blocks in consecutive games on two separate occasions (3/14 and 3/16/96, 4/17 and 4/19/96) In 1994-95, set a Philadelphia 76ers' franchise-record for most blocked shots in a single season with 274 Set career-highs in points (28), rebounds (22) and blocks (9) against the Los Angeles Clippers on 11/18/95 Named to the 1994 NBA All-Rookie Second Team Participated in the 1994 Schick Rookie Game during All-Star Weekend CAREER TRANSACTIONS Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers in the first round (second pick overall) of the 1993 NBA Draft. Traded with Greg Graham and Tim Perry to the New Jersey Nets for Derrick Coleman, Rex Walters, and Sean Higgins on 11/30/95. Traded by the New Jersey Nets with Ed O'Bannon, Robert Pack and Khalid Reeves to the Dallas Mavericks for Sam Cassell, Chris Gatling, Jim Jackson, George McCloud and Eric Montross on 2/17/97. PERSONAL Was born in West Germany while his father, Reiner, was stationed in the military He is an Eagle Scout Enjoys baseball, water skiing and horseback riding Likes listening to country music
Old 04-13-2001, 01:02 AM   #10
Mavinator
Golden Member

"The place where Bradley’s height comes in handy is on defense, and there’s little doubt that Bradley has always been – and remains – one of the best shot blockers in the league. On a per-minute basis, nobody in the league comes close. " -Gary Adornato

Shawn's Over-Tall and Underrated
Old 04-13-2001, 01:06 AM   #11
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley MVP Baby... That's all you have to say...
Old 04-13-2001, 01:12 AM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally DJ, Mavinator is my little bro in Dallas... We just happen to share the same enlightened opinions concerning Mr. Bradley...
Old 04-13-2001, 01:27 AM   #13
Mavinator
Golden Member

Now that was some good advice, Evilmav...
Old 04-13-2001, 01:29 AM   #14
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Bradley to put it in the barest form.....hes a bitch. I mean as long as he's a Maverick I will root for him along with other members of the team. But this guy couldnt play for me.....Shawn's game has not noticebly improved since he came into the NBA. His weaknesses were STRENGTH,MENTAL TOUGHNESS,POOR HANDS........Well those were said in 93.........Well we go into the time machine 8 yrs ...& what are his weaknesses ...STRENGTH,MENTAL TOUGHNESS, & POOR HANDS. He has trouble catching in traffic ... not to mention he does fundamental things wrong. Like he gets a rebound, he brings it down below his waist ...so others can swipe,hack at the ball. Which in most cases they pry the ball away from him. Im telling u he will be the same Shawn in 2007 as in 2001. The advent of the Zone coming to the NBA next year "may" allow him some success.........But dont count on it ..

~~J~~
Old 04-13-2001, 02:03 AM   #15
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

I can honestly say I lost all desire to cheer or root for Bradley when he was outrebounded 3 times by a player who was over a foot taller than him. When Tony Delk got 3 boards in a row over him, I washed my hands of the situation. This may be a whole lot of Corona talking, but I truly hope that he is gone in the offseason, because he is doing nothing for this team. He can't score, he can block (I'll give him that), he is a 7 foot Six olaf in the middle who couldn't hit a lay up if you paid him (Cuban has proved this correct, he does pay him after all). Until we get a legit center in the middle, besides a young Booth( Wang is a Small Forward, hate to tell all of you), we will never, ever contend for a title.
Old 04-13-2001, 02:08 AM   #16
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

screw the mantis... get rid of his ass!!!!!!!
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 08:09 AM   #17
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

>>>Big Number 1 in blocks per forty-eight minutes! <<<

I hate that per 48 minute stat. He couldn't get 48 minutes 'cause he averages 3.2 FOULS per game and he only plays 24.5 MINUTES per game. He's nothing but a spare.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 09:11 AM   #18
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well I've voiced my opinions. We have a solid center at BEST. He will never be better than he is now so we'll have to live with it if he stays. However it would be STUPID to sign him for more than $4mil a year, a complete waste of money.
Old 04-13-2001, 09:46 AM   #19
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

shawn bradley is more important to the teams success than mica finley
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 09:48 AM   #20
LAM0015
Banned

don't worry..that was just shock value

but, if bradley is playing well..the mavs are a much better team (everyone has to admit that)...it just sucks that we've had a couple weeks of consistent pathetic play from him
Old 04-13-2001, 10:36 AM   #21
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

well like I said, we'll go far in the playoffs if he plays well. If he doesn't it will be a quick playoffs. It's not that Fin and Dirk can't do it for us, but we need low post defense and rebounding, and that's what Bradley has to give us.
Old 04-13-2001, 10:46 AM   #22
LAM0015
Banned

howard is going to have to show up with some defense and rebounding ..and so is bradley...
Old 04-13-2001, 04:06 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The Bradley Era is dawning... Make fun of him while you can, because nest year he is going to burn down the league baby...

Ranks #3 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(2.78)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Blocks(217.0)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(10.5)
Ranks #12 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(14.3)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Blocks Per 48 Minutes(5.45)
Old 04-13-2001, 04:13 PM   #24
Mavinator
Golden Member

Bradley would lead the league in blocks if he were given just 33 minutes per games- he doesn't need 48!

Nobody appreciates the man any more because he's had a few bad games in a row... I don't see posts around here dedicated to the hatred of Steve Nash or Howard Eisley, who are in similar slumps... Give him time. The man will come around to his normal self...
Old 04-13-2001, 04:14 PM   #25
Mavinator
Golden Member

Oh man, crazy timing...
Old 04-13-2001, 10:10 PM   #26
Mavinator
Golden Member

Bradley must have read this thread, because this Sacramento game was a good old-fashioned ass-kicking by the Stormin' Mormon...
Old 04-13-2001, 11:25 PM   #27
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I must agree that he played fairly good D for a man that is 7'6". But with his height, he should have no trouble putting up those numbers nightly.
Old 04-13-2001, 11:29 PM   #28
Mavinator
Golden Member

Flying Tiger- you might read that article I linked to... Bradley's height does not mean he has a basketball body and should dominate the game in every way- that is just the typical crap that every fan says about Bradley without really understanding how difficult playing in the NBA is.
Old 04-14-2001, 12:44 PM   #29
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

From the DMN, on the league wide fears of Bradley and the zone...

"But after one month, you could see they were not going to be administered the way they were conceived," Dick Motta recalls. "I have the same fear with this three-second rule."

The fear then would be that, say, the modern-day Mavericks would station Shawn Bradley in the paint as a goalie, as Rudy T. likes to call Big Shawn, forcing teams to get their points from outside. In an era where outside shooting has never been worse.

"Players," Motta said, "are going to have to learn how to shoot an 18-foot jump shot."

Maybe the dream should have shot one before this picture was taken...
Old 04-14-2001, 01:24 PM   #30
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I know that it's tough to play in the NBA, but when you're 7'6" it's not that hard to stick your hands above every one else's and grab the ball.
Old 04-14-2001, 01:35 PM   #31
Mavinator
Golden Member

And that's why he's the best shotblocker in the league...

Go Big Shawn!
Old 04-14-2001, 01:46 PM   #32
Hales233
Golden Member

He should get a lot more rebounds IMO
Old 04-14-2001, 01:53 PM   #33
Mavinator
Golden Member

Shawn Bradley has the highest rebound-per-minute average on the Mavs, and he has hovered in the top ten of the league all year...
Old 04-14-2001, 01:54 PM   #34
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

BRADLEY SMASH!

There is one reason and one reason only that we beat the Kings last night, and his name is Shawn Bradley. I dare say he dominated the Kings.

Bradley: 30 minutes, 15 boards, 5 blocks, 8 points, 1 TO.

Bradley loves you. Why do you hate Bradley? Is it because his gangly body makes you uncomforatble?

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 01:56 PM   #35
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Hmmmmm... More rebounds?

Ranks #10 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(10.5)
Ranks #12 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(14.3)

Also, on the subject of criticism of (future retired) #44, Bradley haters cannot dispute the fact that he is the best running 7-6 player in the history of the game... He is also the best pure shotblocker to grace an NBA roster since the "Man Mountain" Mark Eaton thundered in Salt Lake city... Mavericks fans should really pause for a moment before criticising Big Shawn, and try to realize just how lucky we are to be in a position to keep Bradley on our roster for the next 7-10 years... The future all time leading shotblocker in NBA history will retire a Maverick...

The Man Mountain Thundering
Old 04-14-2001, 01:59 PM   #36
Hales233
Golden Member

he still sucks
Old 04-14-2001, 02:01 PM   #37
Mavinator
Golden Member

In1994 Dikembe Mutombo set an NBA record with 31 blocks in a 5-game series against Seattle...

Guess who's breaking that record this year?
Old 04-14-2001, 02:02 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

If my boy Muresan were still in the league..

HEY, YOU WANT TO SMELL LIKE ME?!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 02:04 PM   #39
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

We had Gheorghe in training camp (he played in France this year)... Just imagine the beautiful dream of Muresan and Bradley enforcing the interior...
Old 04-14-2001, 02:06 PM   #40
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Hales - I think Divac and Webber are applying ice-packs to their rectums this morning after their date with Bradley last night. I bet you if you asked them their opinion, they would not agree with your "Bradley just sucks" statement. You know the stats, you've seen the dominance. The only rational explanation I can think of for your hatred is the fact that you find Bradley's warped body strangely attractive. Put aside your homophobic fears, be comfortable in your heterosexualness and root on Bradley like the rest of us.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
madape is offline   Reply With Quote