Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold
Default Ersan Illyasova

I have been looking at all the potential free agents the Mavs could target and I've begun to think Illyasova has a great chance to be an AllStar. Maybe I'm just hopeful, but he is the player I covet the most except Deron Williams of course.

He was hailed early on as the best young player in Europe with the best comp being Andrei Kirilenko. Here's a Chad Ford story from 2005 http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...had&id=2052155

He is a legit 6'10" who rebounds well (3.3 OReb, 8.8 Rebs), hit 3s at over 45%, and hit FTs at 78%. Obviously with though percentages his TS% was impressive 57.7% (mostly due to his better 3p shot selection)

The best thing about him is that he is a 24 y/o unrestricted free agent. (He turns 25 next week) I like him a ton more than Nicolas Batum and I think he can be had for around 4 year 32 million.

The downside is that this was definitely his career year with the last 28 games being especially kind. Here is a very smart and comprehensive Bucks article on Ersan's limitations. http://www.brewhoop.com/2012/5/7/299...ilwaukee-bucks It was posted yesterday.

I'm really interested to hear other opinions on his future. Would he fit in with Dirk?

Tags
4dn1 knows thread police, no thread police lol