Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2005, 12:22 AM   #521
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all
Default RE:Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
Isn't there a primal scream thread or something so these guys can vent there.

Maybe the new saying should be don't feed the homer.

Rockets played better than Mavs. The end.
Yea, you're right GP. I'm done trying to talk any sense into Junior. Let him rant all he wants.

G'Night guys. Mavs in 7.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #522
BSRefs

BSRefs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Listen dimwit, quit using four letter words when addressing me. If you are too immature to post without cussing, go post on clutchcity or something.

The only person that is refusing to accept anything is yourself. Just because you think it's true doesn't mean it's true.
Pot meet kettle "dimwit". You don't want me cursing, don't throw insults at me. I'd be more then happy to engage in conversation with you without profanities, but not unless you don't stop using insults. Now I aplogize for cursing, that is inappropriate and violates the standards of this board, i am sorry. I am very very upset right now, so please excuse my language.
BSRefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:26 AM   #523
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: MaverickFFL
is it just me, or did anyone else want to blast Jon Barry in the head with a fucking shotgun? or did anyone want to give Sura a bruised body after he knocked down Howard?

man I know i'm drunk but god dammit i'm fucking tired of this scripted nba bullshit and the refs you idiots should have worn damn rockets jerseys you *(#$&#*(&$*(#&$*(#$&
I wouldn't describe it the way you do but surely Barry annoys the hell out of me

and that goes for Sura and T-Mac as well (although his shots are just pure awesome)

and of course add to the list Mutombo, yeah, he really annoys the hell out of me....

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #524
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default RE: Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

after the first two losses I predicted that the Mavs win three in a row, lose the one in Houston and win the last at home

well, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #525
nuggien

nuggien is on a distinguished road

nuggien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:32 AM   #526
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Say what is the deal with no pick and rolls this series? In years past dirk would pick and roll to get someone else on him? Why is that not even being attempted in this series? Is McGrady not coming off dirk? I don't get it?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:33 AM   #527
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: nuggien
Sometimes...when you don't have any talent...well...that's your only hope.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:36 AM   #528
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
after the first two losses I predicted that the Mavs win three in a row, lose the one in Houston and win the last at home

Gameday thread starter for Game 7??
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #529
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Thank the good Lord for consistency.

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
I wish we would stop putting the blame on an all-world player and start putting the blame on a stubborn rookie coach--where it rightfully belongs.

Does ANYONE believe that Dirk plays like this against the power-forward-less Rockets with Nellie at the helm? I am very, very serious. Does anyone believe this?

My goodness, Nellie. Where have you left us?
Chum do you realize that you've blamed Avery after game that we've lost since he took over...all of them.

If Nellie was coaching Dirk would be getting the same shots...I don't know what you want him to do.
I did not realize that, but I'm happy to learn that at least I'm consistent.

D2K, come on now, man. If Nellie were coaching Dirk would get off the same shots? Is that truly what Nellie's history with Dirk in the playoffs indicates? Seriously? A couple off games from Dirk, and we attribute it to the German. Six in a row, and we have to look elsewhere. If you can point me to a streak of six playoff games under Nellie where Dirk so INCREDIBLY underperformed in relation to his regular season prowess, then I will consider that Dirk may be the one at fault. As it is, I'm left to listen to AJ talk about getting six guys in double figures and "that's how we like to play."

I should check the stats, but I'm guessing that Nellie's playoff teams didn't throw a whole lot of 13-point quarters out there.
[
Let me leave it at this: six games in a row is not an abberation. It's a standard. Especially when you may go home after the next one.

Quote:
Tuesday May 03, 2005 2:48 AM

How exactly are the Rockets forcing us to take one of our big guys out, when they at almost all times have either Yao or Mutombo on the court? I do not understand this.

Unless the answer is that we are forced to concede that neither Dampier nor Bradley, for foul trouble reasons or otherwise, cannot play Yao/Mutombo straight up. It follows from this that we do not have a "system" that we can "impose" on any opponent.

Which, of course, is fine with me, as I have always believed that that "system" talk was so much gas anyway. This series is one that would make Coach Nelson proud. Can't win it with conventional ball...can win it with small ball. That got Nellie run out of town...but that is what's winning this series.

Offseason: chance to get a center like Damp or maybe even Shaq: Why bother? Nellie won't play them anyway. He'll go small and we'll lose in the playoffs like we always do. Small ball can win in the regular season, but it can't win in the playoffs, when they play a different game.

Baloney. Small ball can win when the matchup dictates it. But all too many people, on this board and in other places, said that you can't win by matching up with the opponent. They said you have to have a blueprint that you stubbornly stuck to.

Thank the good Lord that AJ is smart enough to realize that he can't cram his "system" down the throat of the opponents. Thank goodness he is smart enough to know that a seven-game series can become a chess match, when adjustments and matchups can make all the difference in the world.
Whoops. Keke, since I know for a fact that you are the fourth-smartest poster on this forum, I'm surprised that you failed to detect the sarcasm.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #530
BSRefs

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Say what is the deal with no pick and rolls this series? In years past dirk would pick and roll to get someone else on him? Why is that not even being attempted in this series? Is McGrady not coming off dirk? I don't get it?
I concur, see my thread on "coaching for game 7"
Old 05-06-2005, 12:42 AM   #531
BSRefs

Quote:
Did they call a foul on that one?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:46 AM   #532
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: BSRefs
Quote:
Did you even WATCH THE GAME?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:47 AM   #533
MaverickFFL

MaverickFFL is on a distinguished road

Yeah they called a foul on that one

I'm willing to bet the ref that blew the whistle was the one NOT being paid off
MaverickFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #534
nuggien

maybe it's just me, but josh howard and marquis daniels look like the ugliest guys in the league. They're pretty much on sam cassell's level.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #535
twelli
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mercury_rev
Quote:

Gameday thread starter for Game 7??
Well, the game 7 thread has been started already by a wise man with vision...

so that is taken care of

btw, I think the turning point of this game was Dirk missing the three point shot from top of the ark

what could have been a 1-point deficit became a 7-point deficit with McGrady's ensuing 3-pointer and from there it was all downhill

in the next game we have to make those big shots, it's as simple as that

Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #536
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, the game 7 thread has been started already by a wise man with vision...
woman
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #537
BSRefs

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Quote:
Originally posted by: BSRefs
Quote:
Did you even WATCH THE GAME?
Wow, sarcasm?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #538
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000 You used the term All World player, well how much do you have to do to get an All World player to shoot 50% in a game? In my mind an All World player destroys one on one coverage and carves the defense up when they try to double him. I also think he's all world, but he's not playing like it. The NFL is a coaches league…the NBA is a players league. Winning in the playoffs is usually about your star players raising their games to another level. Like Doug Collins said a couple of games ago “great players make adjustments useless”
D2K, this is what worries me. I worry that you are exactly right, that the NBA is a players league, and that Dirk Nowitzki was a product of Nellie's mad schemery. Who else wanted him in the draft? (Besides Pitino, and where is he now?) Who else would have commited so many resources to developing him like Nellie did? I worry that Drik is a coach's player in a player's league. I worry that he thrived in a system that Nellie built expressly for him, and that he looks ordinary--which is to say, and this is the important point--defendable, in a conventional setup.

I've seen what Dirk Nowitzki has to offer. I've seen his strengths, and--all too lately--I've seen his weaknesses. I'm inclined to want a coach that can make the fullest use of what he brings to the court.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:52 AM   #539
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
maybe it's just me, but josh howard and marquis daniels look like the ugliest guys in the league. They're pretty much on sam cassell's level.
Hey, Rockets fan. We know who you are. F*CK OFF. There's an entire thread devoted to this topic over at the bitchfest. If you haven't noticed...Brent Barry's nose is actually BIGGER than his head. I won't even start on his obvious need to emerge from the closet.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:54 AM   #540
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Great thanks for being rude and ignorant.

Now don't get your panties all up in a wad about being called ignorant. You just called two human beings a pretty rude deal.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-06-2005, 12:55 AM   #541
dude1394
Guru

Okay so why no pick and rolls? I still cannot believe that AJ doesn't know what a pick and roll is. Or forcing a switch is?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #542
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Whoops. Keke, since I know for a fact that you are the fourth-smartest poster on this forum, I'm surprised that you failed to detect the sarcasm.
And I thought it was mere self-parody. My bad.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #543
MaverickFFL

MaverickFFL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bonzi Wells???

Darius Miles??

Jon Barry??

Calvin Booth???

Vlade Divac??? dude looks like a dead fish

Mike Dunleavy?? mofo looks like the Scream mask

Slava Medvedenko?? possibly one of the ugliest people ever... the dude looks like a damn caveman.. Mesopotamia anyone? he used to live there
MaverickFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #544
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Hey, Rockets fan. We know who you are. F*CK OFF. There's an entire thread devoted to this topic over at the bitchfest. If you haven't noticed...Brent Barry's nose is actually BIGGER than his head. I won't even start on his obvious need to emerge from the closet.
I'm not trying to be a homer or anything, but Marquis and Josh are two sexy sonsuvabitches.

Handsome, handsome men. GQ material... really, goodlooking guys. Hot guys. Some really, really hot wild and crazy guys. Two very fine, pretty like models type of men. Sexy. Chocolate. HOT. Men.

By the way who one the game? I was too busy thinking about all the sexy, sexy looking Mavericks out there tonight. Damn we're some choice pieces of ass.... especially Josh.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:11 AM   #545
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

That 4thQ was atrocious.

I'm not even going to count on Dirk in Game7. He's our franchise guy and all that but for whatever reason, be it being defended by McGrady or battling Yao on the other end of the court, the Dirk we know and love is just MIA. I also recall atleast two instances in the 2nd half where Dirk looks for refs, starts making hand signals for penalities WHILE play is continuing. That's just horrible.

Let's leave the refs out of it. Let's leave playoff history out of it. Let's leave home vs road out of it.

It's one for all the marbles.

If Dirk shows, he shows but THE COMPANY has to step it up and win Game 7.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:11 AM   #546
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Quote:

I guess that's oh-for-two. Shoot your way out of the slump, big man. I know you have it in you.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:17 AM   #547
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess that's oh-for-two. Shoot your way out of the slump, big man. I know you have it in you.
So you wanna try to reconcile your opinions?

You still wanna argue that small-ball is working? Exactly what would Nellie be doing different?

Maybe we should save it for another thread, in case things slow down around here soon.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:19 AM   #548
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
rabbitproof ...the Dirk we know and love is just MIA. I also recall atleast two instances in the 2nd half where Dirk looks for refs, starts making hand signals for penalities WHILE play is continuing. That's just horrible.
Dirk does this more than people realize... Often he'll follow his tantrums with retaliatory slap fouls on the other end just so he can stop play and bitch to the refs some more.

It's stuff like this that make me question Dirk... He still doesn't realize the game is what HE makes of it. FORCE YOUR WILL on them Dirk.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:42 AM   #549
nuggien

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not trying to be a homer or anything, but Marquis and Josh are two sexy sonsuvabitches.

Handsome, handsome men. GQ material... really, goodlooking guys. Hot guys. Some really, really hot wild and crazy guys. Two very fine, pretty like models type of men. Sexy. Chocolate. HOT. Men.

By the way who one the game? I was too busy thinking about all the sexy, sexy looking Mavericks out there tonight. Damn we're some choice pieces of ass.... especially Josh.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:46 AM   #550
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Congratulations. You've mastered the use of pointless posting.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:48 AM   #551
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you wanna try to reconcile your opinions?

You still wanna argue that small-ball is working? Exactly what would Nellie be doing different?

Maybe we should save it for another thread, in case things slow down around here soon.
You're probably right that we should save it for another thread. My argument, though, will be that Avery is ill-equipped to coach small-ball, which indeed would be working. My other argument, which has been consistent while often shrouded in sarcasm, is that Avery naively tried to impose a rigid "system" upon his team, when the situation confronting him required far, far better than that. To his credit he recognized that his vision was doomed to failure, but at that point it was too late.

For a quick answer to the question of what would Nellie be doing differently: scoring more than 13 in the fourth--or even any eight-minute span, for that matter. For a longer answer, I'll wait for the future discussion.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #552
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Wow, what a frustrating loss!

Some positives for game 7:

Fri 2 Mai 2003 @ Portland First Round L 103 - 125 3-3
Sun 4 Mai 2003 Portland First Round W 107 - 95 4-3

Blowout loss in Game 6, do you see the pattern?
Game 7???

So, have to work now ;-(
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #553
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
For a quick answer to the question of what would Nellie be doing differently: scoring more than 13 in the fourth--or even any eight-minute span, for that matter. For a longer answer, I'll wait for the future discussion.
Interesting.

But I believe Nellie's last scored basket came in 1976-- I may actually even have seen it.

Sarcasm though can at most only account for one of the divergent observations you offer.

To be continued after the season.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:06 AM   #554
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

As usual, I don't know what all of the moaning and groaning is about. Unrealistic expectations resulting from a team that has been overhyped in Dallas. We were supposed to win 4 in a row with Houston playing at home? I see two evenly matched (non-championship calibre) teams. Would say that we are now pretty much on schedule. 7 games to finish off Houston sounds about right to me. Puts us in position for a fateful 2nd round against Phoenix. Don't think that either Dallas or Phoenix has much of a chance against San Antonio, though. Another Duncan ankle sprain might help, but Detroit would still be awaiting the winner.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:11 AM   #555
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Samurai
As usual, I don't know what all of the moaning and groaning is about. Unrealistic expectations resulting from a team that has been overhyped in Dallas. We were supposed to win 4 in a row with Houston playing at home? I see two evenly matched (non-championship calibre) teams. Would say that we are now pretty much on schedule. 7 games to finish off Houston sounds about right to me. Puts us in position for a fateful 2nd round against Phoenix. Don't think that either Dallas or Phoenix has much of a chance against San Antonio, though. Another Duncan ankle sprain might help, but Detroit would still be awaiting the winner.
Unrealistic expectations? To finish a series in 6 instead of 7 is unrealistic? Give me a break.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:18 AM   #556
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting.

But I believe Nellie's last scored basket came in 1976-- I may actually even have seen it.

Sarcasm though can at most only account for one of the divergent observations you offer.

To be continued after the season.
I (sincerely) hope our discussion hasn't been reduced to that level. Roll the ball out and watch them play?

Old 05-06-2005, 02:29 AM   #557
nuggien

Quote:
and I see you also contributed with this post.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #558
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Only those who underestimated this Rockets team should be disappointed that this has gone to a 7th game. Dallas played well up until the middle of the 4th quarter. So, Rockets fans shouldn't get too cocky either. The Rockets did what any good team does which is fight elimination on their home court, and now Dallas will do the same at home.

As for Dirk, he is an awesome player who has had a bad offensive series. I wouldn't have believed that he would shoot this badly for six games either until I analyzed this series more closely. Dirk is a coach-pleaser. When Nellie was coach, he emphasized offense, and you could see that in Dirk's play. Now that Avery is coach, defense is stressed, and Dirk puts his emphasis on that part of the floor as well. The result is what you get in this game; 5 blocks and doube-digit rebounds. Dirk is playing defense, and subsequently his offense has suffered.

In Game 7, Dirk needs to exert more effort offensively. He needs to play like the superstar he is at the offensive end. Dampier and the others need to be the ones who step up defensively. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say that Dirk needs to stop playing defense, but I think he really needs to concentrate most of his energy on scoring.

So, kudos to the Rockets for game 6, but Dallas will win game 7.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #559
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
and I see you also contributed with this post.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:58 PM   #560
nuggien

Tracy lets Finley know how many games the mavs will win in this series.