Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #41
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Mavs had a lot of luck tonight, still no focus. It's finals and they have to wake up, if they want this title.
Marion and Chandler was beasting.
Dirk played like a pussy.
Wade is too fast. OFFENSE - He's on the ground and wins rebound against staying Nowitzki. DEFENSE - Runs to Chandler and blocks him.

Last edited by deamon; 06-07-2011 at 11:01 PM.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #42
ThreevensonsBeard

ThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the roughThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the roughThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the rough

Dirk is such a boss. You can hear how sick he is. I can't even go to my lame ass job when I'm that sick, yet this man goes and plays at a high level in one of the most physically demanding sports there is. Props.
ThreevensonsBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #43
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Man Dirk sounds like he's barely going to make it through this press conference. Sniffling like crazy and just sounds completely lethargic up there.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 06-07-2011 at 11:01 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #44
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Dirk sounds really sick at the podium. Sniffling like crazy.
wow he sounds terrible. I love him
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #45
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Dirk immediately deflects comments about his fever. Wade/Lebron//Kobe/etc etc woulda come to the podium in a wheelchair sayin bullshit like "yeeeuh boy, I'm so prettay!"
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #46
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Why did Marion only play 25 minutes?
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #47
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
Wow, and Dirk gets it together for a press conference.

My hero.
Wasn't it you that quit on Dirk in the GDT earlier when we were losing?

I'm just teasing, I know the emotions get high.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #48
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

Wow. Listening to Dirk in the press conference and you can tell how sick he really is. Dirk played his heart out tonight.
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #49
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

After Terrys comments about James, the King storms back and reacts with 8 points on 3-11 shooting.

Get that crown where it belongs dude!
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Dirk doesn't get anyone else sick.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #51
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I want to hear the media talk about our defense. Fuck the Heats defense, our defense is all that.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #52
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
Wasn't it you that quit on Dirk in the GDT earlier when we were losing?

I'm just teasing, I know the emotions get high.
This.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #53
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Another great 4thQ!!!
Terry and Chandler did big big job
Go Mavs The time is now!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #54
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Mavs had a lot of luck tonight, still no focus. It's finals and they have to wake up, if they want this title.
Wade is too fast. OFFENSE - He's on the ground and wins rebound against staying Nowitzki. DEFENSE - Runs to Chandler and blocks him.
The Fuck outta here with the Dirk comment.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #55
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4royOLtvmQ
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #56
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

2 wins away, guys.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #57
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

I know this has been stated before, but Dirk is the classiest, inspirational, humble, etc. etc. superstar in this league
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #58
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

So proud of Dirk and this team. Keep believing guys. Tyson keep up that beast mode. Can't wait to get Big Wood back.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #59
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

I definitely have to make another Dwayne Wade choke video now. AWESOME.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #60
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even begin to fathom what it does to the human body to play an NBA Finals game with a high grade fever. Holy effing crap.

Tyson Chandler. Man. Beast. Awesome.

Marion not playing down the stretch seemed to be with the offensive spacing in mind. Miami was forced to hone Stevenson and they were using him and Dirk to stretch the floor at times. But those 16 points in 26 minutes from Marion were beyond huge.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #61
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You called him out and rightly so?.. Who the hell are you?
Cause he went like 1-13 after he started out 3-3? It's almost an elimination game, I am allowed to expect more from my star player, sickness or not.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #62
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:

Maybe he played like pussy but he is still basketball god

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #63
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Feel good about Game 5.Stop bothering Dirk. reporters.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #64
MaverickOutlaw
Banned

MaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these parts

Matrix I thought should of played more minutes in the 4th/
MaverickOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #65
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Fucking Eric Spolstra, I can't stand the way this cock sucker waltz in here and just starts talking.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #66
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

This Mavs team is making me visit my cardiologist tomorrow, and el Dirko is making me think about visiting a sex change doctor!
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #67
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

So proud of this team. Wow, they are truly showing their heart as a team. There is no quit in this team.

Special mention to a few players:

Dirk, please get well soon. You really don't sound too well in the presser tonight. Get some rest Big Guy. Thank you so much for all your effort!!!

JET backed up his talk. I hope it carries over to the next game.

Tyson, man on the boards tonight. Wow. Your effort tonight was great!!!

DeShawn was great tonight. His offense was fantastic and his defense was phenomenal. He is also the unsung hero for tonight.

Go Mavs!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #68
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Dirk is such a stud. Sitting through the post game press conference patiently. And he is sick as a dog. He just wants to go to bed, but he's not trying to get out of there. He's taking the questions like a man and answering them just as thoughtfully as he always does. I love that man.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #69
Nowitzness81

Awesome.

Quote:
All we hear about is the Heat's defense. What about the Mavs D? They switched to playing zone defense with 7:30 left in game and Miami scored only 5 points the rest of game. And Lebron didn't score in the 4th. Dallas' D is awesome too.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #70
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Man, they replaced the mic before LBJ and Wade come to the podium! I was hoping they'd get the flu from Dirk coughing all over that bitch. :/
Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #71
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
Cause he went like 1-13 after he started out 3-3? It's almost an elimination game, I am allowed to expect more from my star player, sickness or not.
So missing shots makes you a "pussy"? Wow, you're a bright one.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #72
GhostFace
Platinum Member

Stevenson, what a beast on defense. So solid despite that last foul, was amazing. RC did a good job tonight. Love you Mav's. Never give up, ever.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #73
CadBane
Banned

By the way, Dirk had TEN rebounds in the second half for the second straight game.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #74
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
He was sick, numbnut! I admit that I was wondering about Dirk's play in the first half until I heard about his flu. I bet you wouldn't even leave the bed!

Seriously, how is someone with so many red boxes still allowed to post?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #75
CadBane
Banned

I hope D-Steve can continue to get minutes. At this point, JJB should not be in the game for more than 5-10 minutes. D-Steve is playing damn solid ball. JJB can't finish lay-ups.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #76
fluid.forty.one

So.. how many games this series has LeBron not scored at all in the 4th.... 2? 3?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #77
Nowitzness81

Dirk's 10 rebounds in the second half = not a pussy.

He was hustling. His effort was inspiring. Dude crashed towards the basket again and again trying to make it happen.

And it did.

Dirk saved us all. BOW BEFORE HIM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #78
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
So missing shots makes you a "pussy"? Wow, you're a bright one.
Where did I ever use the word "pussy"? You're confusing me with another poster, I reckon? I called him out for not stepping up, but I NEVER doubted his heart.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #79
Nowitzness81

You know, when you see Wade fumble an easy pass like that....you think that maybe, just maybe...the Mavericks are a team of destiny.

Just maybe.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #80
ThreevensonsBeard

ThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the roughThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the roughThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickOutlaw View Post
Matrix I thought should of played more minutes in the 4th/
Usually I would agree but that line up with my boy threevenson was really clicking down the stretch. If it ain't broke.....
ThreevensonsBeard is offline   Reply With Quote