Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will Bogut be with the team on Feb 24th?
Yes, he'll stay on the team-- may even be re-signed 0 0%
Nope. Dude's last game is coming up 20 100.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2017, 01:05 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bogut ready to move on - trade ideas?

Mavericks' Andrew Bogut: 'I'm a valuable commodity to be moved'

Bogut, who has been relegated by the Mavs to a full-time bench role at his request, said in a phone interview with Australia's Sky Sports Radio that it wouldn't surprise him if he were traded before February's trade deadline.

"Thankfully, I'm a free agent here, so I only have a couple of months more here and then will most likely move on," Bogut told Sky Sports. "I don't see myself hanging around with everything that's gone on. It will be an interesting six months ahead."

Asked by Sky Sports Radio whether he expected to be dealt before the Feb. 23 trade deadline, the Australian native replied, "You never know."

"I've got a valuable contract ... having four months left on my contract, I'm a valuable commodity to be moved," Bogut said.

Bogut, a 12-year veteran, was traded by the Warriors to the Mavericks in July as Golden State made room on the payroll for Kevin Durant.

Bogut will be coming off the bench for the foreseeable future due to problems the Mavericks have had playing him next to Dirk Nowitzki. Coach Rick Carlisle has said Bogut went to him last week and volunteered to come off the bench.

Bogut, 32, said earlier this week he was skeptical that he could play with Nowitzki, except for the rare occasions when the opponents uses two traditional big men.

Bogut, a former No. 1 overall pick, has started 648 of 662 games in his career.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 02:16 AM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Barring a contender type team having an injury I just don't see us getting a 1st for him anymore. Best we can hope for are some former drafted players who maybe fit better with us than their respective teams. Maybe get a late 2nd thrown in as well. So some of the trades below would have to include 2nd round picks to make up the difference on either side.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hjrmzwx
(We can cut Ezeli and he'd only cost 1m against cap next year)
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=htks6gj
(Not as likely but Splitter hasn't played and can't get healthy, could help for a playoff run having Howard and Bogut rotating)
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zgccsgy
(No idea how they value Smart but his numbers are not good on offense and they could use rim protection and wouldn't give up a 1st for Bogut I don't think)
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j42oyyk
(Least likely of all of them but have to think they'd be interested in rim protection. Val isn't a rim protector and Noguira is too young to help them vs Cavs right now which is their goal. I think Mavs wanted Wright in the Simba draft but he got taken just ahead)
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hc24bdc
(Grizz get vet's who can help in a playoff push Mavs get 2 former mavs, Vince could be a buyout candidate to join a contender and wright is short term low salary deal for future asset. Would depend on each teams interest in Harrison who I think can be a solid rotation pg)
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j5hj9u4
(Diallo fits in with the Wright/Powell small 5 roll man type who could be a future asset on a value deal. We would need a future protected 1st in this deal though to take back Asik which is the primary motivator for Pelicans to move him. Can't be wasting salary cap space and time with a guy like Asik with AD being a top player now.)

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-05-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:26 AM   #3
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Barring a contender type team having an injury I just don't see us getting a 1st for him anymore. Best we can hope for are some former drafted players who maybe fit better with us than their respective teams. Maybe get a late 2nd thrown in as well. So some of the trades below would have to include 2nd round picks to make up the difference on either side.

(Not as likely but Splitter hasn't played and can't get healthy, could help for a playoff run having Howard and Bogut rotating)
(No idea how they value Smart but his numbers are not good on offense and they could use rim protection and wouldn't give up a 1st for Bogut I don't think)
(Least likely of all of them but have to think they'd be interested in rim protection. Val isn't a rim protector and Noguira is too young to help them vs Cavs right now which is their goal. I think Mavs wanted Wright in the Simba draft but he got taken just ahead)
(Grizz get vet's who can help in a playoff push Mavs get 2 former mavs, Vince could be a buyout candidate to join a contender and wright is short term low salary deal for future asset. Would depend on each teams interest in Harrison who I think can be a solid rotation pg)
(Diallo fits in with the Wright/Powell small 5 roll man type who could be a future asset on a value deal. We would need a future protected 1st in this deal though to take back Asik which is the primary motivator for Pelicans to move him. Can't be wasting salary cap space and time with a guy like Asik with AD being a top player now.)

I'd really hate any trade that has us giving up Bogut's expiring contract for mediocre players on longer deals without netting us a pick.

Maybe Bogut + 2nd round pick for Cavs TE + 1st round pick? Don't see the Celtics moving Smart.

On a side note, Bogut is truly a giant Australian asshole.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 AM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

#Pizzagate
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #5
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Any team that offers the best 2017 pick
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Maybe Bogut + 2nd round pick for Cavs TE + 1st round pick? Don't see the Celtics moving Smart.
I think I saw early in the season some rumor where Boston was willing to move, but not looking to trade. Smart seems to be somewhat fan favorite, but as a player, has not been worth much. His mouth and ego resembles JR Smith to me personally, only JR is able to hit basket.

All trade ideas look good and realistic but I would only take Asik's contract if it nets Mavs a 1st round pick that is converted this season, so top10 protection at most.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Some tough words from Bogut. Thing is when you can't stay healthy, then you can't point the fingers.

And even when he was healthy, you could tell he wasn't interested in putting in the effort.

I guess what strikes me as odd is that he knew he would be playing next to an older Dirk. He wanted to come here...right?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #8
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I kinda like the last one with the Pelicans if we can get back another pick. Diallo will take some time to develop which is something we will have and Asik won't exactly kill our salary situation because nobody decent is signing with us in the off season. We'd be giving up virtually nothing for our future and gaining Diallo and a pick in the process.
I can see that one happening because it would benefit both teams.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

He's speaking the truth. None of us really thought he'd be here after the season anyway. And since the season isnt going well, we were all hoping he'd get moved before the deadline for a 1st.

So just like us, he sees the writing on the wall. And he doesnt have many years left in the tank and knows he could be a contributor to a contending playoff team. Nothing to get sour over. Truth is truth.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rick Carlisle says from his conversations with Donnie Nelson it's a "real possibility" the Mavs could re-sign Andrew Bogut this summer.
Company line or ?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-05-2017 at 12:18 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Company line or ?
Source? Seems like something RC was saying a couple months ago...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-05-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Source? Seems like something RC was saying a couple months ago...
@Earlksneed 1/5/17 10:14am from Dallas, TX

Sorry, my phone doesn't integrate WEB2.0 well with this site.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@IsaacHarrisNBA (27 seconds ago): "The Mavs evetunally have to start rebuilding too & there is no point in bringing back a 33 year old center if in rebuild mode" -Bogut

Last edited by Underdog; 01-05-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:32 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Bogut is smarter than Donnie
Old 01-05-2017, 12:34 PM   #15
Underdog

Quote:
Bogut is smarter than Donnie
There are a lot of mixed messages coming out of this team right now...

Old 01-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #16
Underdog

@IsaacHarrisNBA: "I had a chance to sign an extension here and it wasn't discussed by either party." -Bogut on status with Mavs

Old 01-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #17
Underdog

Quote:
“I have not asked to be traded…I have personal reasons that I want to stay here for that I don’t want to talk about on record,” Bogut said. “Look if the opportunity came for me to go somewhere and they want to do it, I’m not going to beg them to not trade me.”

http://thesmokingcuban.com/2017/01/0...-andrew-bogut/
Interesting tidbit... I wonder if it's a girlfriend? Whatever his reason, it doesn't seem like the Mavs are his primary interest in Dallas.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-05-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

What a strange, confusing, and concerning set of messages.

Bogut is 100% right. We need to stop focusing on winning now and take a serious look at the future. We've been selling our future short in exchange for one more slap at that snooze button, but our time is coming for a rebuild no matter how many rent-a-vet stopgaps we can get. At some point we have to realize that building a strong and lasting future is more important than trying to cheat the system by trading our future for guys like Bogut, Rondo, Walker, etc.

Bogut seems like a good guy and if we get Fultz this summer and Dirk retires, he's probably the best center option we have. Donnie just needs to be honest with himself and Cuban needs to accept that assessment. This whole issue makes me really worried that no part of the FO is on the same page.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-05-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #19
Underdog

‏@IsaacHarrisNBA: Is there a scenario where you see yourself in Dallas next year?

"No" -Andrew Bogut

Old 01-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
‏@IsaacHarrisNBA: Is there a scenario where you see yourself in Dallas next year?

"No" -Andrew Bogut
Ouch

I have no idea what the FO is trying to do.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-05-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's two sided for sure. Bogut hasn't really done what the Mavs brought him here to do, and the Mavs aren't any good.

Funny thing is that he'd fit better here if Dirk retired this summer. Otherwise, there is no point in trying to keep him.

To me though, we can't keep on going with a roster that can't stay healthy. Injuries have absolutely killed the team this season and last.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 01-05-2017 at 01:27 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

"Look, off the court, everything here I've enjoyed. On the court, it's been tough. I didn't expect to come here and come off the bench on a team that's 11-24. If we're 10-10 and we make that move and we're on a 10-game win streak, then you can understand a little more. That's probably the frustrating thing. I'm living with it, I'm OK with it, but I don't have to be happy with it." -TMac just now

Sounds like he's really unhappy with being benched on a losing team

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-05-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #23
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me like he's screaming for a trade before it's too late.
Probably thinks the Mavs will start making a run at the 8th spot w/out him as a starter but won't move him before the deadline.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #24
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Look, off the court, everything here I've enjoyed. On the court, it's been tough. I didn't expect to come here and come off the bench on a team that's 11-24. If we're 10-10 and we make that move and we're on a 10-game win streak, then you can understand a little more. That's probably the frustrating thing. I'm living with it, I'm OK with it, but I don't have to be happy with it." -TMac just now

Sounds like he's really unhappy with being benched on a losing team
Well that's quite different from what he said like 2 days ago lmao

"There's no point of starting with Dirk and then getting pulled 30 seconds into a game," Bogut told ESPN after Tuesday's shootaround. "So I went to coach and said, 'If you're going to continue to do that, just bring me off the bench. I won't be offended. We'll get on with life.'"

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #25
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Well that's quite different from what he said like 2 days ago lmao

"There's no point of starting with Dirk and then getting pulled 30 seconds into a game," Bogut told ESPN after Tuesday's shootaround. "So I went to coach and said, 'If you're going to continue to do that, just bring me off the bench. I won't be offended. We'll get on with life.'"
Its a gray line. Hes right theres no point of starting, but at the same time, no one is going to be completely happy going from a starter on a championship team to coming off the bench of a 10 seeded team.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #26
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Thank God this is happening. Now let's start the DWill train and commit to the 2017 draft. Anyone connected enough to start some legit propaganda / rumor mill here?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Thank God this is happening. Now let's start the DWill train and commit to the 2017 draft. Anyone connected enough to start some legit propaganda / rumor mill here?
DWill wants to stay in Dallas and can veto any trade. Maybe we can talk him into a playoff team, but from what I've heard he wants to stay in Dallas with his family.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #28
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
DWill wants to stay in Dallas and can veto any trade. Maybe we can talk him into a playoff team, but from what I've heard he wants to stay in Dallas with his family.
I have a hard time believing he would say no to the right situation. Then again I dont know him so I probably shouldn't assume too much.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #29
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I have a hard time believing he would say no to the right situation.
Problem is, the "right situation" may not exist... There are probably only a handful of teams that he would consider, but do any of those teams need him? Unless someone like Curry or Irving goes down with an injury in the next month, then I don't really see a logical trading partner for Deron's services (and those teams only work because they still have Durant/Klay and LeBron/Love to carry the load -- if, say, CP3 goes down, then LA's season is over, even with Williams as a replacement).

Last edited by Underdog; 01-05-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #30
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Any team that offers the best 2017 pick
This is the correct answer.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:34 PM   #31
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you could move Bogut and DWill to Milwaukee for a package that includes John Henson. Henson's minutes are around 20mpg and Monroe has been playing extremely well. They also have one of those Plumlees to fill in at center. I think Henson has three years left on a $12M/year contract. The Bucks are short on PGs (their starting backcourt is Snell and Brogdon; Delly is out with a hamstring) and my memory is that Kidd and DWill are (were??) good buddies. Mavs would get a relatively young (26) shot-blocking 5 and the Bucks would have some depth at the point to make a playoff run as well as a couple of expiring contracts.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:32 PM   #32
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Deron to Cleveland makes a ton of sense, but the Cavs owe their 2018 pick to Portland (top-10 protected, conveyed in 2019 along with 2nd if not in 2018), so we'd be looking at either a 2020 or 2021 first, or some sort of 2nd round pick (and their 2017 is going to Boston this year). Their only two young assets are Jordan McRae (a total unknown at this point) and Key Felder, who was a late 2016 pick but seems to be a guy the Cavs really like. I dunno how easy it would be to trade Deron there.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #33
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Deron to Cleveland makes a ton of sense, but the Cavs owe their 2018 pick to Portland (top-10 protected, conveyed in 2019 along with 2nd if not in 2018), so we'd be looking at either a 2020 or 2021 first, or some sort of 2nd round pick (and their 2017 is going to Boston this year). Their only two young assets are Jordan McRae (a total unknown at this point) and Key Felder, who was a late 2016 pick but seems to be a guy the Cavs really like. I dunno how easy it would be to trade Deron there.
I think Cavs are looking for a PG but it appears they are eyeing Rondo and Chalmers.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-On-Cavs-Radar
Old 01-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

One can only hope that we can dump Bogut. I highly doubt we'll get a first rounder, but I'm still 100% okay if it's a high second. Then again, there could be a small chance of a 24-30.

Williams? I don't think he can be traded. He can veto any trade and may just retire. I also doubt the FO is even shopping him, with that in mind. They also seem to have very little faith in the rest of the guards we have.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I think Cavs are looking for a PG but it appears they are eyeing Rondo and Chalmers.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-On-Cavs-Radar
Getcha popcorn ready...

Old 01-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #36
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I used to think Bogut could get us a late pick in this draft. I just don't see it now. Barring some sort of injury to a contending team I don't see how a team gives up a 1st in this draft without us taking back something we don't want to.

I'm worried though that if they rattle off some wins here that they would just keep him for the season. In their minds if we are competing then they may feel a 2nd round pick, or some long shot former 1st round player, isn't enough for Bogut so they just keep him. Then we don't get a top 5 pick and we lose Bogut for nothing despite being one of our most expendable trade friendly assets. And yeah I just don't think Dwill has the fire to want to be on a contender over being home and comfortable. I agree that he's likely to veto any trade.

So to sum things up right now...

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-05-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #37
rimrocker
Diamond Member

I do like Bogut for Asik plus some young assets though...even if it is the Pelican's 2nd rounder and Diallo. At least we come away with something for him and Asik's contract doesn't impact the team much.
Would obviously love to get more for him but I wouldn't exactly be upset with that deal.

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-05-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #38
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
I do like Bogut for Asik plus some young assets though...even if it is the Pelican's 2nd rounder and Diallo. At least we come away with something for him and Asik's contract doesn't impact the team much.
Would obviously love to get more for him but I wouldn't exactly be upset with that deal.
Ok...doesn't look like Pelicans have a 2nd round pick so don't see that happening.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:46 PM   #39
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ok...doesn't look like Pelicans have a 2nd round pick so don't see that happening.
Quote:
2017 second round draft pick to Minnesota
New Orleans' 2017 2nd round pick to Minnesota protected for selections 31-55 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then New Orleans' obligation to Minnesota will be extinguished) [Minnesota-New Orleans, 7/13/2012]
It's heavily protected but yeah they can't trade it while it's in limbo like that. However...

Quote:
Philadelphia's 2017 2nd round pick to New Orleans [New Orleans-Philadelphia, 12/24/2015]
So they have Philly's 2nd, that's almost a first I guess.
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed
Old 01-05-2017, 07:11 PM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:

So they have Philly's 2nd, that's almost a first I guess.
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed
Deal! Where can I sign?