Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-31-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future
Default 2019 offseason

Who would you like to see the Mavericks sign in 2019?

If it's true that Kevin Durant wants his own team, then I say sell the idea of Dallas being his team. Jordan doesn't want to be the #1 guy, and I think Durant would be a perfect fit with us.

Anyone else?
Old 07-31-2018, 11:23 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Klay and Giannis to play alongside Doncic, Smith, and Capela (who demanded a trade to us mid season after breaking Harden’s nose in a lockerroom fight)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-31-2018 at 11:24 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:18 AM   #3
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I think 2019 summer will be crazy. There is a good chance that Powell might opt out with an agreement to extend contract with bird years and around 10M a year. Doubtful Barnes would take a risk, he needs a jump forward to warrant a contract similar to money he would be turning down.

This gives Mavs enough money for three (not max) really good players. I went through supposed 2019 free agents and really have trouble seeing anything nice to throw money at. Perhaps only Jimmy Butler but he is still more likely to go somewhere else.

There are obvious max contracts to throw at but I have difficult time seeing those stars joining Dallas Mavs. Even center position is lacking and DeAndre is most likely coming back. Mavs have a need at SF/PF but nothing realistic out there. The summer of 2019 seems to be poisoned free agency where many teams have money to throw out and some really solid players may cash in.

It seems that Powell and Jordan are going to return next summer. It would be nice to swing in and take Ryan Anderson's contract with 1st round pick but I have trouble seeing what kind of protection would make sense for the Mavs (it would be great to have unprotected pick when CP3's legs are really hitting the wall but no protection really guarantees that).
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
carlosdiaz29

carlosdiaz29 is on a distinguished road
Default New player?

Guys do you think dallas is going to get a new pick from the nba or draft? I mean, they sould add a new player in the team to get a better balance (fron my point of view). In seo talked about the posibility of new players but is something without enough strenght to talk about. Even when I think the team is complete now how it is but the DT team must talk about this and reform the structure if is necesary because is important have a stronger team. I mean, the defense has the ability to improve and push a lot the offensive team and same for corner players and so on. The thing is, they need to improve all to be better than yesterday. Just that.

Last edited by carlosdiaz29; 07-29-2020 at 08:55 PM.
carlosdiaz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:55 PM   #5
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdiaz29 View Post
Guys do you think dallas is going to get a new pick from the nba or draft? I mean, they sould add a new player in the team to get a better balance (fron my point of view). In seo talked about the posibility of new players but is something without enough strenght to talk about. Even when I think the team is complete now how it is but the DT team must talk about this and reform the structure if is necesary because is important have a stronger team. I mean, the defense has the ability to improve and push a lot the offensive team and same for corner players and so on. The thing is, they need to improve all to be better than yesterday. Just that.
I think the Mavs are more likely to trade both picks to move up than try to pick up another pick.
If a guy like Vassell slips into the late lotto, the Mavs should trade both picks and maybe another future 2nd to move up to get him.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote