Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-14-2023, 09:51 AM   #2561
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Ostensibly to outsmart everyone and line up the most dry powder to sign the imaginary free agent superstar we never sign.
I thought it might be but in my head it sounded so outlandish and dumb that maybe there was another reason
Old 04-14-2023, 01:33 PM   #2562
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Do we all remember fit clutch Luka? It will return again.

https://twitter.com/bradholmes23/sta...575233026?s=20
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:05 PM   #2563
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.theonion.com/mark-cuban-...UzjiSXobPK3kZY

Mark Cuban Rejects Shark Tank Pitch To Make Mavericks Good

Quote:
CULVER CITY, CA? Interrupting the entrepreneur just as he started to outline his concept, Shark Tank judge Mark Cuban rejected a pitch Friday to make the Dallas Mavericks good.

"I just don't see it," said the billionaire sports owner, telling the young contestant who pitched the TV program's "sharks" on a detailed plan to rebuild the 38-44 Mavericks squad by focusing on Luka Doncic, jettisoning older veterans, and concentrating on defense that his plan was flawed from the start. "Look, you're young, and you're hungry, but there's just no way to make the Mavericks into a top-tier NBA franchise. I know you want that handshake deal, but how am I supposed to invest in a proposal with such a lackluster concept? Frankly, I don't see the real-world potential profitability for a good Dallas Mavericks team. I didn't get where I am today by making such ill-advised financial decisions."

While the entrepreneur's pitch was unfavorably received by Cuban, fellow Shark Tank judges Barbara Corcoran and Robert Herjavec reportedly agreed to invest.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-21-2023 at 03:58 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 02:26 AM   #2564
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Nico basically addressed 4 critical things in one night.
1. Improved our defense.
2. Improved our frontcourt.
3. Added a vet.
4. Made us younger.

Great job!!!
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 11:32 AM   #2565
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

NEW YORK ? Shortly before his eighth birthday, Dereck Lively II and his mother heard a loud thump coming from downstairs. This wasn?t the first time.

?Big Dereck,? Lively?s father, had just returned from another night out in Bellefonte, Pa. A loud and boisterous chef from Philadelphia, Big Dereck embodied his surname and possessed enough natural charm to woo Kathy Drysdale, a former Penn State basketball star. But their marriage was strained by Big Dereck?s cocaine and heroin habits, which caused him to disappear for days at a time.

That January night in 2012, Drysdale found Big Dereck lying on the living room floor, intoxicated but unhurt. His efforts to get clean never stuck, and she had become adept at working around his drug problem. Before going back to bed, Drysdale wrapped her 41-year-old husband in a blanket, rolled him on his side and propped his head on a pillow. He had called home earlier in the evening to say, ?I love you.?

Come morning, Drysdale and Lively both sensed something was wrong. Drysdale couldn?t hear her husband?s typically loud snoring, and Lively realized he was late for school when he awoke to unusual yells.

[ Victor Wembanyama seizes second chance to make a good first impression ]
?I went to the edge of the stairs and peered down,? Lively said during an interview before he was selected with the 12th pick in last month?s NBA draft. ?I see my father black and blue, lifeless on the floor. My mom was over him with her phone in her hand screaming for help to 911. It was too late. He had overdosed on heroin. You never get over it. Whenever you go in the living room, you feel it. The spot where he was on the floor was darker and the rug was a little flatter.?

Drysdale had felt for a pulse and attempted CPR as she waited for the paramedics and police officers to arrive. Big Dereck was taken out of the family?s home in a body bag, and Drysdale was left to answer the toughest question from her devastated son: ?Where?s Daddy??

Lively was too young to understand what had happened to his father, and he couldn?t have known that his mother soon would begin an excruciating eight-year battle with Hodgkin?s lymphoma. No one could have foreseen that the skinny boy, whose family seemed to be disintegrating, would become the country?s top-ranked high school basketball player, land a scholarship to Duke and join the Dallas Mavericks as a 19-year-old rookie.

Dereck Lively II shook hands with NBA commissioner Adam Silver after being drafted 12th overall by the Oklahoma City Thunder. He was later traded to the Dallas Mavericks. (Sarah Stier/Getty Images)

As that journey unfolded, Lively confronted a deep-seated guilt complex. His father was gone, his grandfather died soon after and now his mother was fighting for her life. None of his friends were dealing with anything like this, Lively reasoned, so it must be his fault. Those thoughts lingered for years, even after Drysdale found out in August that her cancer was in remission.

?Is it a miracle for her or am I a curse for bringing this upon my family?? Lively wondered. ?As a kid, you blame yourself. You?re overwhelmed and caught in your own mind. You don?t know how to talk to people about it.?

Losing Big Dereck

Lively?s memories of Big Dereck, all 6-foot-7 and 310 pounds of him, are rich and colorful, though not uniformly flattering. Big Dereck bopped around the house dancing to Shakira with corded headphones in his ears. He went all-out during snowball fights and joined the family for a rare summer trip to the Jersey Shore. He was a cutup who wanted to make his son smile, and once bought him gobs of candy when their neighbors had been too stingy with the treats on Halloween.

Big Dereck also had severe mood swings and occasionally would forget to pick up Lively from school. His struggles to manage stress prompted relapses. Lively doesn?t harbor a grudge, believing that his father ?did whatever he could to stay in my life for as long as possible.?

Drysdale met Big Dereck when she held a marketing role with the Philadelphia 76ers, and he was a bouncer at a bar she frequented after games. They were both tall, outgoing and quick to crack jokes. Grocery trips with their son devolved into fits of laughter, and Drysdale remembered how Big Dereck loved to declare: ?That?s my boy.?

But she also found herself losing to ?the demons? in the fight for her husband?s attention. The family lived modestly, in part because of the cost of Big Dereck?s drug habit. Five hundred dollars to pay someone back. A grand for a flimsy cover story. Drysdale gave what she could, only to find drug paraphernalia in his clothes and to raise Lively by herself during her husband?s extended absences.

?When you have an addict in your family, it financially drains you,? she said. ?You think the money is going somewhere else and it?s probably going to drugs. That?s when you learn, unfortunately. If I only knew not to do that, maybe [Big Dereck] would be here. If somebody came at the height of his struggles, they could say I was an enabler. I?m sure I was without really knowing.?

Drysdale, who took a marketing job at Penn State and moved the family to Bellefonte in 2011, focused her attention on raising Lively rather than trying to fix his father. Even when his parents argued, Lively sensed their mutual love. When Big Dereck died, Drysdale told Lively that ?his heart got too big for his body? before later revealing the truth.
Lacking the means to move out of their Bellefonte townhouse, Drysdale and Lively rearranged some of the living room furniture to cope with the trauma. Drysdale found her purpose as she grieved by making sure her son was back at school, surrounded by his friends and involved in sports.

From that point, she decided to be Lively?s mother, father, disciplinarian and best friend rolled into one. When her son wondered whether he would forget what Big Dereck looked like, she told him to look in the mirror. When he felt isolated in Bellefonte, which is 94 percent White and 1 percent Black, she talked to him about racial identity.

?I couldn?t lose hope because she?s depending on me and she couldn?t lose hope because I depended on her,? Lively said. ?We both knew that we needed each other. My way is to take the toughest route. The tragedy shaped who I am, and it made me realize that I?ve got to step up. The burden is going to break you down and feel like it?s going to kill you, but it?s going to make you a better person.?

A shocking diagnosis

Lively is a lithe 7-feet-1 and 230 pounds, making him a natural fit in the modern NBA. His first love was swimming, though, and his arms were so long that his knuckles would scrape the lane lines when he uncorked his butterfly stroke with dreams of becoming the next Michael Phelps.

While he initially resisted playing basketball because he saw it as his mother?s domain, growth spurts helped change his mind. Drysdale became the loudest voice in the gym, shouting instructions from the stands before later serving as his coach. She relished that quality time with her son but made sure not to display any favoritism, and she even tossed him out of practice for loafing to prove the point.

?I?m not mom,? she told him. ?I?m your coach. You can wait for mom in the car. He was shocked.?

Mother and son both run the court in transition and protect the rim on defense, but their games aren?t carbon copies. Drysdale was known for her sharp elbows and traditional post moves at Penn State, where she racked up more than 1,200 points and 700 rebounds before graduating in 1992. By contrast, Lively is a mobile above-the-rim finisher who doesn?t spent much time working on the block.

Dereck Lively II has averaged 7.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in three NBA Summer League games. (Candice Ward/Getty Images)

In 2014, Drysdale sat down with her 10-year-old son for a conversation that had nothing to do with duck-ins or box-outs: She had cancer and would begin chemotherapy and radiation treatment at Mount Nittany Medical Center in State College.

Friends and family shuttled Lively to and from school while Drysdale managed the brutal side effects of her treatment. Her hair fell out ? though it kept returning ? and she dealt with persistent nausea, a bad cough and neuropathy in her feet. Lively had a courtside seat to her pain, waking up at 3 a.m. to the sound of his mother vomiting in the bathroom toilet.

?That image doesn?t leave your mind,? he said. ?Chills down your spine.?
The initial rounds of chemotherapy proved unsuccessful, so Drysdale sought treatment at Penn State Cancer Institute in Hershey, went to Houston for a clinical trial and returned to Hershey to start a new drug regimen.

Radiation treatment had singed the upper lobe of her right lung to her chest wall, and a hole had developed where fluid was collecting. Drysdale was coughing up colored phlegm so regularly that she carried a spit bottle. Finally, she traveled to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, where doctors advised surgery to remove a portion of her lung.

[ Bitter rivals. Beloved friends. Survivors. ]
Drysdale had the surgery on her lung in August 2021 and underwent full-body radiation to prepare for a stem cell transplant. Thankfully, doctors had located an excellent stem cell match, and she underwent the transplant procedure in April 2022. Drysdale spent the next month recovering the hospital and remained in New York for two additional months of follow-up appointments.

The total cost of her treatment exceeded $2 million, Drysdale estimated, but her employer-provided medical insurance prevented financial calamity.

The transplant caused Drysdale to drop 50 pounds: she lost her appetite, and her meals either wouldn?t stay down or would go right through her. Lively cringed while recalling that his mother, thin and pale, was often too weak and tired to watch a movie in bed.
?Giving up was never a part of anything my mom did,? he said. ?We fight.?

Some good news

As Drysdale traveled from hospital to hospital, Lively blossomed into a McDonald?s all-American who was ranked by ESPN as the No. 1 player in the 2022 high school class.
Knowing that small-town Bellefonte wasn?t an ideal springboard to the NBA, Drysdale encouraged Lively to consider Westtown School outside Philadelphia. Though he initially didn?t want to leave his friends, he was convinced to enroll at the boarding school at age 14.

Drysdale liked Westtown?s focus on academics and its diverse student body, and she thought Coach Seth Berger?s brutally honest style was perfect for her son. Lively found a home in the gym, as his high school years were largely consumed by the coronavirus pandemic. He modeled his game after Tyson Chandler, Evan Mobley and Anthony Davis, building a reputation as an unselfish, coachable and defensive-minded player.
?If my mom has gone through all this, I feel like I can walk on water and jump through fire,? Lively said. ?All I care about is winning, not how many points, rebounds, blocks or steals I have. My mom says all the time that I?m a protector. If you look at the court, the best thing I do is protect that rim.?

Dereck Lively II started 27 games as a freshman at Duke. (Chuck Burton/AP)
During the summer before Lively?s freshman season at Duke, Drysdale phoned him with the long-awaited news that she was in remission. They both broke down in tears. Mother and son had gone through so much together that they use the word ?We? when describing Drysdale?s health odyssey.

?You have moments where you think that enough bad s--- has happened in life, it?s time for some good stuff,? Drysdale said. ?Of course, we?re not thinking we?re invincible.?
Lively responded to Drysdale?s diagnosis with a surprise of his own: He had consulted with a real estate agent and invested some of his Name, Image & Likeness endorsement income into a new home for her in State College.
More than 10 years after Big Dereck?s death, Drysdale moved out of their townhouse and into a house that backed up onto a golf course and sported all the amenities the old place lacked: a fireplace, a dishwasher, an open kitchen and bedrooms big enough to fit a king-size bed. Previously, Lively had always scrunched into a double.
Lively also made arrangements to get a tombstone for Big Dereck, who is buried in a cemetery outside Philadelphia. The marker provided relief for Lively, who also tattooed his father?s name, birth date and death date on his left forearm. The words ?Time Heals All Wounds? are inked on his right arm.

A tattoo reminds Dereck Lively of what he has been through. (Ben Golliver/Washington Post)

An early-season calf injury limited Lively at Duke, but he returned to average 5.2 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.4 blocks in a narrow offensive role. Dallas targeted him as a much-needed frontcourt defensive presence who could support all-star guards Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving. On draft night, Lively and his mother wore matching black and maroon outfits, and Drysdale fought through her foot neuropathy to slip into high heels for the first time in years.

Lively believes he can do more as a scorer and facilitator than he showed at Duke, and he hopes to enjoy a long career as an all-star-caliber player who is always the loudest voice on defense. Chandler, who anchored Dallas?s defense during its 2011 championship run, has already spent time working with the rookie.
Perseverance seems like an inadequate word to describe Lively?s childhood. Remarkably, he rarely confided in his high school teammates and coaches about his family?s challenges, and he never sought professional counseling to work through his grief, guilt and self-blame.

But Drysdale raised Lively to understand that nothing should be taboo, and they hope that speaking about their experiences with drug addiction, death and cancer will be comforting to other people facing similar challenges.

?The more you keep it inside, the more it?s going to wear on you and eat at you,? Lively said. ?Maybe you have a bad memory and your whole day?s ruined, or you?re crying in the middle of nowhere because you don?t know why it seems like the world?s falling on you. Everybody in the world needs to realize that someone out there has their back.?
While Drysdale is happy to let Jason Kidd handle the coaching these days, she can?t wait to cheer on Lively when he makes his NBA debut this fall. Big Dereck, she added, would have been her son?s biggest fan.

?The stuff that [Lively?s] had to go through at such an early age, you don?t wish on your worst enemy,? Drysdale said. ?When he says he thinks he?s the curse, that?s him thinking he had something to do with my cancer. But he?s why I?ve worked so hard to get through this and be here for these moments. For him to think he?s the curse, it?s the complete opposite. He?s the angel.?

https://archive.is/ypc7P#selection-569.0-1371.379
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 03:27 PM   #2566
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

https://theathletic.com/2058113/2020...he-nba-bubble/

Looks like this article is free now - if anyone hasn't read it, it's cool to see how these guys got together during the bubble to hangout.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 05:13 PM   #2567
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Any Athletic article is free if you paste the link here

https://archive.is/
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 10:14 AM   #2568
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to JJ Barea for getting a head coaching gig in PR
Old 08-06-2023, 08:15 PM   #2569
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Got an hour or so to get to know Grant Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_L1Lyw4x8
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 09:14 AM   #2570
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/s...07538039705600

The rumor that never dies. Again, the main thing standing in the way of this happening is Musai who is exactly like Morey. These guys want to end your franchise in a trade versus just doing what is best for their own.

And betting odds have us starting Capela.

https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/sta...26866638524416

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-08-2023 at 09:57 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:31 AM   #2571
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/s...07538039705600

The rumor that never dies. Again, the main thing standing in the way of this happening is Musai who is exactly like Morey. These guys want to end your franchise in a trade versus just doing what is best for their own.

And betting odds have us starting Capela.

https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/sta...26866638524416
Rumored deal is McGee and Green (and maybe a pick) for Capela.

Even without picks, that is an interesting deal. Green could be REALLY good. His defense and athleticism is elite. His shooting has been incredibly (40.1% last year, 37% for career). He is an underrated creator and distributor. But he's also a guy who has yet to find a large and consistent role.

One one hand, if we can't find him a spot, then we should trade him somewhere he can be part of a solid rotation. Capela is also perfect as a two-year stopgap. He's paid a lot, but does exactly what we need and could help mentor Lively until he's ready.

On the other hand, I'm not sure it's ever a good trade to trade young up-and-comers for two year rentals. Capela could be resigned after next season as a solid backup (he'll only be 30) but he's still diminishing value especially if Lively develops like we think he will.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-08-2023 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:38 AM   #2572
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I?d like Capela I don?t know that I?m willing to include Green. I?d rather save him for a bigger fish. Capela is likely only going to be your starter for this season and maybe next before you hope Lively takes over.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:58 AM   #2573
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they arent tradng Green this season. Well, Not for Capela. We need an upgrade at Center and Green is heading into a must prove it year, but I'm not convinced Capela is worth it.

I'm all for making a trade to remove DP from being our safety net starting center but idk if I can stomach Green breaking out on another team.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 11:26 AM   #2574
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Was the source of Green being involved from the Athletic?

I just know that what I've been saying is confirmed....that Musai is the problem. They upped the asking price at every turn during negotiations with the Hawks per Shams. I HATE people that don't negotiate in good faith.

Old 08-14-2023, 06:37 PM   #2575
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Australia kicking the everloving %#? out of Venezuela

Exum 8-2-2
Green gets a DNP
Old 08-16-2023, 08:49 AM   #2576
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://sports.yahoo.com/longtime-nb...034856669.html

Longtime NBA coach, Hall of Famer Don Nelson opening Maui rental homes to fire victims

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-16-2023 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 12:15 PM   #2577
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Hell that's already more impactful than Bidenade. Kudos to the old stoner

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 09:58 PM   #2578
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-TwJnORws

Exum and Green highlights from Australian national team
Old 08-18-2023, 07:49 AM   #2579
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Followill @MFollowill
Some on paper stuff that caught my eye about the 2023-24 Mavs schedule that was released today. Covered in more detail on pod recorded earlier:

1st game at SA: 4th straight season to start on road and 8th time in last 10 seasons to start on road.

8 of first 12 vs non playoff teams from last year.

3 games vs Memphis with Morant suspended.

Playing on Xmas Day for 4th straight year. Had only played on Xmas 3 times in franchise history before this 4 year run.

7 game homestand, Jan 3 to 15. Dallas had 8 game homestands in March-April 2014 and Feb 2021. And a 7 game homestand in Dec. 2008 and a couple of in the late 90s as well.

Road heavy early and late. 10 of first 16 on road and 7 of last 11 on the road.

Back to backs: 13. League avg: 14.
B2B w/ no travel: 1, League avg: 5.
B2B w/ 750+ miles of travel: 4, League avg: 2.

For those who find it easier to make it to home games on weekends. 6 on Friday, 6 on Saturday, 6 on Sunday (3 day and 3 evening (630 CT)).

We will not be doing the opener in SA (ESPN exclusive). Our first regular season telecast is 10/27 vs Brooklyn. Can't wait!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:48 AM   #2580
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Shouldn't Xmas day be round 1 of group play for the in season tourney or be games from the knockout stage?. They still market their stars not a gimmick that is suppose to make the players try harder. Lookng forward to the tourney game that Pop rests his players and calls up G-League guys like he often does.

Last edited by sig; 08-18-2023 at 10:10 AM.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 12:12 PM   #2581
Scoobay
Golden Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DosDjW6zO4g

Exum and Green playing for Team Australia vs. France
Green hurt - hopefully nothing serious
Exum looking pretty good in his minutes
Old 08-20-2023, 12:27 PM   #2582
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DosDjW6zO4g

Exum and Green playing for Team Australia vs. France
Green hurt - hopefully nothing serious
Exum looking pretty good in his minutes
Thybulle is a stud. Sad we missed him.

Exum is going to be a sleeper. He's Frank. But good. His defense has been really solid and mature. He sees passing lanes and disrupts and he makes very few positional mistakes on defense. His shot is much more confident than his last stint in the NBA. I can see him being a situational third guard for defense and actually getting decent mpg. Curry is obviously the superior guy for spreading the floor/taking threes, but if Exum can shoot at least 35% from the corners while also providing solid D, he could push Curry to the deep bench.

Green has been solid defensively. He's shooting with good confidence. He's not super efficient but a lot of that is system and he's playing a very different role in a very different system offensively. Injuries are a huge concern. That elbow kept him sidelined a lot of last year and it caused him to miss some FIBA games. Now he's out with an ankle/knee/hip injury. I wanna see him more, but an injury during contract extension negotiations? That is rough. If I were him, I would take the next few weeks off to fully rehab and focus on the NBA.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:01 AM   #2583
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/vdadhania/status...41666488692947

Wild story here

Knicks accusing Raptors of stealing intel on Knicks, Nuggets, and Mavs
Old 08-22-2023, 05:38 AM   #2584
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
https://twitter.com/vdadhania/status...41666488692947

Wild story here

Knicks accusing Raptors of stealing intel on Knicks, Nuggets, and Mavs
Wow - going to cause some forfeited draft picks and huge fines.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 02:11 PM   #2585
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Javale stretch waived.

Man, no team wanted him? No way...

Old 08-22-2023, 02:26 PM   #2586
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Welcome back Markieff

Bye McGee
Old 08-22-2023, 02:34 PM   #2587
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well, that was a fun end of August update. Wake me when we get a starting center.

Old 10-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #2588
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Green finalizing 3 yr/$41 million extension.
Old 10-23-2023, 03:03 PM   #2589
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Josh Green finalizing 3 yr/$41 million extension.
Fair number.

Now Kidd has to play him and stop jerking him around.
Old 11-05-2023, 12:03 PM   #2590
BPo001
Diamond Member

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/ma...outputType=amp

There is hope to finally get rid of Bally Sports shit service. Hopefully Cuban makes a free stream as he references in the article, but I won?t get my hoods up. Anyone know when their contract is up w Bally?
Old 11-06-2023, 11:40 PM   #2591
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/ma...outputType=amp

There is hope to finally get rid of Bally Sports shit service. Hopefully Cuban makes a free stream as he references in the article, but I won?t get my hoods up. Anyone know when their contract is up w Bally?
This is the last season for Bally

"While there will be a reduction in rights payments for some teams, the local rights for 15 franchises will revert back to those teams and the league at the end of this season."

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/ma...ter-agreement/
Old 11-07-2023, 07:34 AM   #2592
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

8 billion in debt? Imagine being that awful owning hugely valuable sports rights.

The main issue, though, is the blackouts. Until you promise a person can watch every game without needing TNT, TBS, ESPN, NBATV, blah blah blah, then the issue will continue. Fans living in their own damn city shouldn't be subject to any blackouts whatsoever if they are willing to pay for a single service.

Old 11-08-2023, 03:37 PM   #2593
MFFL
Guru

NBA discussing move to 2-day draft format as soon as 2024

https://archive.is/ydMfg
Old 11-08-2023, 06:13 PM   #2594
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
NBA discussing move to 2-day draft format as soon as 2024

https://archive.is/ydMfg
Please no. It?s long enough as is. How many people are actually going to tune in to watch the 2nd round of a draft?
Old 11-08-2023, 06:58 PM   #2595
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Heard they might turn to a USA vs World All Star Game format.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 07:08 PM   #2596
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

OMax not going to the GLeague. Also not playing for the team. Weird.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:44 PM   #2597
BPo001
Diamond Member

Anyone have a solution to watch games from a Firestick and a VPN?
Old 11-08-2023, 10:02 PM   #2598
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No but you can get a code for League Pass premium off ebay for extremely cheap. This is the one I used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14538704485...Bk9SR9DDuqD2Yg
Old 11-08-2023, 11:03 PM   #2599
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
There was a solution posted here

https://www.mavsboard.com/showthread.php?tid=2748
Old 11-11-2023, 09:40 AM   #2600
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
There was a solution posted here

https://www.mavsboard.com/showthread.php?tid=2748
Thanks for this! Got this to work last night. Not the greatest picture, but beggars can?t be choosers.