Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: How many games will the Mavs win this year?
63+ 28 32.94%
62 18 21.18%
61 14 16.47%
60 11 12.94%
59 1 1.18%
58 6 7.06%
57 2 2.35%
56 or less 5 5.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many games will the Mavs win this year?

########
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going with 61, including 3 wins against the spurs and the mavs winning the division.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I'm going 62 with Mavs winning division.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

60 - just because my psychic-barometer is a bit off today (I think it's the weather...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

61. Just to be different.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

oops
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

60 since we will rest players for the playoffs

Last edited by #1MavsFan; 09-21-2006 at 04:33 PM.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #8
fluid.forty.one

Someone voted 56 or less? Must have been George Gervin.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I started this thread last year and picked their exact record to boot. Rest assured I have done the same again this year, (well, the second part anyway)...

62-20!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:53 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, my actually prediction is 79 total wins. 63 without the playoffs.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:01 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
BTW, my actually prediction is 79 total wins. 63 without the playoffs.
So only 19 losses including the playoffs right?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
I started this thread last year and picked their exact record to boot. Rest assured I have done the same again this year, (well, the second part anyway)...

62-20!
Nice, I picked the same amount. Great minds think alike

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Nice, I picked the same amount. Great minds think alike
Yes they do NMFbakersdozen... Yes they do!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 09-21-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:37 PM   #15
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Yes they do NMFbakersdozen... Yes they do!
Lol, that's a first.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #16
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

But who was the FIRST person to vote 62? Oh, shnap!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #17
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
But who was the FIRST person to vote 62? Oh, shnap!
I'm pretty sure it was me.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #18
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I'm pretty sure it was me.
Guess again.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:23 PM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Guess again.
Alrite, I guess I was second then. I know I was one of the first to vote 62.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #20
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I voted 62 because I think thats what it will take this year, but I will be content with anything as long as we win the conference from the Spurs.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:56 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that early NBA futures have the Dallas over/under at 56 wins, I'd say this forum definitely wears rose-colored glasses. As I post this, 27 have the over, while only 3 have the under or the push.

I voted 56 or less. Johnson's honeymoon being over is the main thing for me. But there is also the matter of several new additions, and the uncertainty about how well the team will come together. I think there could be rough stretches early on.

This is, of course, not to mention the relative strengthening of the conference and division.

This also considers how well suited this team is to withstand injury, and the reality that an extended injury to Dirk (knock on wood) would deal the team a nasty blow while he recovered.

I still see a 60-win season as a best-case scenario. But I see 55 or so being more likely, all things considered.

This is not all to say that this diminishes the Mavs' chances at a title. I'm just expecting a more closely contested conference, from top to bottom. This could be one of those years that a 55-win team stands on top at the end.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:23 AM   #22
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m guessing they come out with a chip on their shoulders and lay waste to the league the way the Pistons did in the first half of the season. There's still a regular season carrot out there in that this organization has never finished with the best record in the West. Not sure anybody in the locker room cares, but after 27 years it would be nice.

I also expect the defense to be better in Avery's 2nd full year. He'll continue to reinforce his principles until they become second nature.

There's also the possibility of significant improvement from Devin and Diop and more consistency from Josh.

I have on my glasses and I'm going with 63 wins.

I'm not a gambler but Dallas with at 56 looks like a good value. It’s, no doubt, influenced by the fact that the last time America saw them they were choking away an NBA championship.

Sure, a long term Dirk injury would kill them but do you take that into account when you bet the over/under? If so, why would you ever bet on a good team since you could say that about any of them.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:31 AM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If a team is particularly top-heavy, like the Mavericks are, that team becomes more vulnerable to injuries from the top. There have been a couple of teams in recent years who have been able to withstand injuries well because they were more balanced. Now, your point is taken that when you bet you are taking a stand and being willing to lose with it...but some stands are safer than others. It's a small factor, but it's a factor nonetheless. If Dirk missed even 20 games, we'd have no prayer at 56.

Diop is a little bit of a wildcard. On the one hand he could continue to improve. On the other, he could have enjoyed something of a honeymoon, too. Count me among those who looks at our center position with a certain uneasiness.

I haven't looked at the schedule, but I highly doubt that they will open the season on a Pistons-like tear. Too many moving parts. They don't even know their starting lineup! It will probably change as they go along.

I see a year where they fight through adversity and come out the better for it at the end, but don't win near 60 games. 63 strikes me as a drug-induced pipe dream.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:09 AM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Is 63 really that much of a stretch? We won 60 and we could have easily won the last game if it meant anything. The Spurs won 63 year and the Suns won 62 the year before. Were those teams any better than this year's Mavs. We don't know but I wouldn't be going out on a limb if I said no.

I imagine that your response is that the West will be tougher this year and maybe it will. Then again, we hear that every year. A healthy Houston makes it a 4 team race and 63 will be though. OTOH, if T-Mac or Yao go down then it's still the big 3 and everybody else. I don't think there will be as much parity in the West as you do. Somebody’s going to win 60+ and you don't have to be under the influence to suggests that it could be the defending conference champion.

Diop may not make a huge leap but unless he laid on his ass and got fat this summer, he’ll be better based on experience alone. Same for Devin.

True, our lineup isn’t engraved in stone like that of the Pistons, but it wasn’t last year either. Our starting two guard wasn’t even on the roster when we opened at PXH. I don’t think having two open positions in the starting lineup make us any less formidable.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:39 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

I do hope I'm proven wrong, D2K, but last year has a smoke-and-mirrors feel to me. What I know is that if Manu doesn't foul at the end there, folks aren't so high on Dallas.

But more so than that fluke-ish play, what worries me is that subjugation in the Finals. I worry that the smoke and mirrors were exposed. I fully expect for every team this next year, all season long, to commit all their resources to slowing Dirk down. The team didn't do anything over the offseason to address the main reason they couldn't get over the hump. That worries me.

63 really *is* a stretch, no matter how you cut it. The Spurs fell on some good luck to get there. There are many, many, many very good teams in history who didn't see that number. Hell, Tim Duncan's Spurs of last year didn't ever have 63 wins under their belt, and in the process they had three titles.

I would lay you 20-to-1 that the Mavs don't win 63...and be very happy about it.

Now, not to say that they won't be the best team in the conference. But if your expectations are 63 wins, you are going to sorely disappointed. I'd plan for 55, hope for 58, and be ecstatic with 60,
Old 09-22-2006, 02:28 AM   #26
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I don't get the smoke and mirrors theory. You play 82 games over 6 months. You don't win 60 with smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors teams are exposed around New Years.

Everybody we play devotes it's resources to stopping Dirk and very few succed. Trying to stop Dirk is nothing new. Sometimes he just goes into a funk. Unfortunately it happened at the wrong time.

Yes the Spurs fell on luck to get to 63 but they were a pretty good ball club too. You say Dirk could get hurt but it could also go the other way. Our supporting cast could be more stable. There's luck involved but it could go our way as easily as it could go against us.

Quote:
I would lay you 20-to-1 that the Mavs don't win 63...and be very happy about it.
Hey, that's just my best guess. How strongly do I have to believe to click a button on this board? I'm not betting my house or anything. Gun go my head I'd probably go 60 but like I said, I have on my glasses.

I don't think it's nearly as much of a stretch as you do. Assuming good health of course.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:39 AM   #27
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I do hope I'm proven wrong, D2K, but last year has a smoke-and-mirrors feel to me. What I know is that if Manu doesn't foul at the end there, folks aren't so high on Dallas.
Chum, didn't you say the 04-05 season was smoke-and-mirrors? If you wanna play the what/if with Manu's foul, play the what/if with Jet playing in game 6. You could also play the what if in game 1.

Quote:
But more so than that fluke-ish play, what worries me is that subjugation in the Finals. I worry that the smoke and mirrors were exposed. I fully expect for every team this next year, all season long, to commit all their resources to slowing Dirk down. The team didn't do anything over the offseason to address the main reason they couldn't get over the hump. That worries me.
I am willing to bet the farm that the way Dirk is guarded is going to be called a WHOLE lot more tighter than it was in the final. And what was the main reason they couldn't get over the hump? Outside shooting? I think they got that.

Quote:
63 really *is* a stretch, no matter how you cut it. The Spurs fell on some good luck to get there. There are many, many, many very good teams in history who didn't see that number. Hell, Tim Duncan's Spurs of last year didn't ever have 63 wins under their belt, and in the process they had three titles.

Now, not to say that they won't be the best team in the conference. But if your expectations are 63 wins, you are going to sorely disappointed. I'd plan for 55, hope for 58, and be ecstatic with 60,

I'll actually agree with you on this (somewhat). I expect the Mavs to win anywhere between 58-62 games. I also think they'll finish either 1st or 2nd. I also think 56 or under is more of a stretch than 63.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:40 AM   #28
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

with a healthy squad (including dirk,jho and jt) we will be around 60. With that being said, it is still suffiscient to get a Top 4 spot in the West. Champs are made in the postseason...give the conference to the spurs and beat'em in the playoffs...in the aftermath nobody cares who won the division.

rock on mavs
Old 09-22-2006, 06:22 AM   #29
Five-ofan
Guru

Chum, you realize that the mavs have won 56 or less once in the last 4 years right?
Old 09-22-2006, 06:24 AM   #30
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

[madapemode] 39, lottery [/madapemode]
60 wins
Old 09-22-2006, 06:54 AM   #31
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Someone voted 56 or less? Must have been George Gervin.

sorry, unlike you fellows I'm not that big a homer... I'm not sure how many games the spurs or mavs will win.. I don't care at this point..
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:54 AM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

58...and Gervin blows chunks.

Unfortunately, Chunks is my dog.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:06 AM   #33
fluid.forty.one

With all the injuries last years team went through, and the fact that this team made tons of small improvements, I don't see this team winning less than 60. Plus the fact they will be out for blood after losing the finals in such a way.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #34
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

There is NO way that a better Mavs team is going to have 56 wins or less... (you don't have to be a "homer" to understand that!)

What motivates haters to continually act like dicks around a bunch of people they don't like, rather than finding a group of people they DO like???

Heat: http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=20
Spurs: http://www.spursreport.com/forums/index.php
Suns: http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=27
Golden State: http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-22-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #35
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

*Updated*

Heat: http://nambla.org/
Spurs: http://nambla.org/
Suns: http://nambla.org/
Golden State: http://nambla.org/
Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #36
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

all of them....except a few.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I voted 56 or less. Johnson's honeymoon being over is the main thing for me. But there is also the matter of several new additions, and the uncertainty about how well the team will come together. I think there could be rough stretches early on.

This is, of course, not to mention the relative strengthening of the conference and division.
Except for the Avery bit, I agree with this, and also picked 56 or less.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 09-22-2006 at 10:32 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Ok I guess I didnt know that was a real thing.....
Old 09-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #39
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

OK, all you 56-or-less-voters, what did you predict the Mavs would do LAST year? I said 60 games plus a title. Can't prove it because I wasn't a member here, but I wasn't terribly far off. Now I say 62 games.

What did you guys say? 53 wins? Lose to the Spurs in 5? Be honest now.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #40
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I already told you what the correct answer was... Geez...

It will be 62... Bookmark this shit!