Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-04-2003, 12:37 PM   #1
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road
Default rangers' winning streak

i watched 3 of their 5 game winning streak. boy, am i impressed. i can't believe that is a team 20 games below 500.

which prompts this question: why did rangers play so bad when they have some of the best players in the league?
Old 08-04-2003, 12:42 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: superheadcat
i watched 3 of their 5 game winning streak. boy, am i impressed. i can't believe that is a team 20 games below 500.

which prompts this question: why did rangers play so bad when they have some of the best players in the league?

That time where they lost 20/22 games killed them.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:49 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: superheadcat

The reason they played so bad was pitching..... We have been playing better since Buck/Hart threw out the win this year idea and started going younger, moving up prospects to see how they do in the majors. I am watching Park to see if he can be of any use to us now, since his new excuse of the hamstring is supposedly getting better.

But what we have now that we lacked at the beginning of the year is somewhat consistent pitching. And some young prospects eagerly playing for a position next year.

I hate to get caught up in this, because I always get dissapointed. But I think Buck is a good coach. And now that Hart has given up the win now and gone into rebuild mode he has made some great moves.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:57 PM   #4
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

The Rangers have quietly put together one of the best infields they've ever had, while at the same time testing out some young pitching prospects. If they can get lucky with some of these pitchers then this team will be quite competitive going forward.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 09:09 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, they have a good winning streak going but they have to face some of the best pitchers next three days in a hostile environment.

Old 08-04-2003, 10:57 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

rangers and winning streak - an oxymoron wouldn't you say?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:00 PM   #7
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Raffy and Payrod are both quite hot, that helps
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:13 PM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

There starting pitching has been solid. Man can Nivar run that guy has enormous speed. I can't wait for Lewis vs. Clemens this week at yankee stadium. THe rangers swept them last time around lets see what happens tommorow.

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:25 PM   #9
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Agree, things are finally looking up as far as the future goes. Just think if we can actually find a good pitcher or two, we might see these winning streaks more often. It just feels good to get something going & let up on the monotony of losing, even if we're not going to go anywhere this year.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:00 AM   #10
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I just love that young infield Blalock, ARod, Tex, and Young. Oldest one is 28. If we could only develop some arms.