Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #41
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
That's a good talking point, HDMI cables. I hope everyone that has any use for one knows to never, EVER buy one from local retailers. You can buy them online from just about anywhere for 15 bucks or less. You can get them on ebay for 5 bucks. They are freaking digital cables, quality does not matter. Just buy one. Anything more than 20 bucks is nothing short of a scam.

Do a google search for hdmi cables, it's a pretty hot discussion. Or at least it has been in the past.
Yeah they are expensive. I am not even using mine anymore. Anybody want to buy mine? $51 dollars, plus shipping and "handling" of course.

Last edited by MavsX; 09-04-2007 at 03:49 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #42
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's a good talking point, HDMI cables. I hope everyone that has any use for one knows to never, EVER buy one from local retailers. You can buy them online from just about anywhere for 15 bucks or less. You can get them on ebay for 5 bucks. They are freaking digital cables, quality does not matter. Just buy one. Anything more than 20 bucks is nothing short of a scam.

Do a google search for hdmi cables, it's a pretty hot discussion. Or at least it has been in the past.
Holy crap thig, thank for the info.

The only thig I've ever heard about those cables is that they cost $80. I guess I'll start looking....
Old 09-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #43
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

lol I already found cables for sale for anywhere from $11 to $5

Why the heck do the big retailers charge like $119 for these things?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-04-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #44
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

hey, wheres my shout out i started this idea on HDMI cables and damnit i want credit.

Reparations!

EDIT, also flaco did you see my write up about the up converter on page 1, if not...DO IT

Last edited by MavsX; 09-04-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #45
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

www.monoprice.com for all your cable needs. I've bought tons of stuff from them and it's always turned out great.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #46
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

MavsX...yes I saw that. Thank you

And monoprice.com was one of the first sites I found. Thanks for the good review, I will probably use that.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #47
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
MavsX...yes I saw that. Thank you

And monoprice.com was one of the first sites I found. Thanks for the good review, I will probably use that.
ahhhhh yes. That feels good.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Why? Because they can, I guess. HD and everything that goes along with is apparantly still new enough that people just believe what the store people tell them.

The thing is, high quality cables like Monster cables really DO make a difference for some things. But once you get digital, with HDMI, it's all just a sham.

Really it's the same with most computer/tech supplies. Best Buy and Fry's guage people on out-dated video cards too, that you could buy from Newegg and other places for much less. This particular example is just an extreme case.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-04-2007 at 08:16 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:17 AM   #49
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Why? Because they can, I guess. HD and everything that goes along with is apparantly still new enough that people just believe what the store people tell them.

The thing is, high quality cables like Monster cables really DO make a difference for some things. But once you get digital, with HDMI, it's all just a sham.

Really it's the same with most computer/tech supplies. Best Buy and Fry's guage people on out-dated video cards too, that you could buy from Newegg and other places for much less. This particular example is just an extreme case.
Yeah i never buy anything with the Monster cables brand. I just laugh and walk away.