Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of
Default Top 10 "Desert Island" Albums

Don't know if this has been done before, but I enjoy making lists, High Fidelity-style - so here goes:

You're stranded on a desert island with nothing but a solar-powered stereo and a small CD case which holds only 10 albums (okay, I'll throw in an unlimited source of fresh water and food, too). Which 10 albums do you choose to listen to for the rest of your life?

1. Spoon - Girls Can Tell
2. Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane over the Sea
3. Elliott Smith - either/or
4. Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West
5. The Constantines - Shine a Light
6. Otis Redding - The Very Best of Otis Redding, Vol. 1
7. The Toadies - Rubberneck
8. the pAper chAse - Young Bodies Heal Quickly, You Know
9. Sufjan Stevens - Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lakes State
10. Pleasant Grove - Pleasant Grove [UK version]
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

One thing is true about this site...there is absolutely no love for mainstream music... Can U2 get a little love? geez..any list w/o them is pretty much void, IMO..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Nemesis. I'm going to put a list together so full of main stream music that everyone here will be rolling their eyes heavily.

But later... I'm watching football now.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

My list would include only mainstream music, it would include zero U2, and like Flac, would induce much eye rolling.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Haha, what are you guys talking about?

The Toadies? Dallas' favorite multi-platinum selling band from the post-grunge era?
Otis Redding? Do I really need to tell any of you who Otis EFFING Redding is?
Spoon? C'mon now - the biggest band from the hottest music city in the country?
Elliott Smith? He was nominated for a friggin' Oscar for a song in a movie YOU'VE ALL SEEN!
Modest Mouse? Really? No one has heard MM on the radio? REALLY?
Sufjan Stevens? Am I the only person who has seen Little Miss Sunshine?

Just because I didn't list Led Zeppelin and the Beatles doesn't mean I don't love those bands. I just so happen to love what my generation has done with pop music ever since John Lennon died - sue me.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
untitled
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
One thing is true about this site...there is absolutely no love for mainstream music... Can U2 get a little love? geez..any list w/o them is pretty much void, IMO..
This list is entirely subjective. Personally, everything U2 has done in the last decade makes me nauseous.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Mad props for the Pleasant Grove include. That album shines my shoes and calls me Suzie. "Nothing this Beautiful" is a uniquely poignant track, in my opinion.

I'd have that one on my list. I'd probably also think about including "Auscultations of the Heart." In particular, "Commander Whatever" can always take me away from wherever I am.

It's a damn shame that "Someone's Cryin' on TV in Abilene" has never made it to print.

For local bands, I'd also consider Tripping Daisy's "Bill," as well as Polyphonic Spree's first offering. And of course, something by Slobberbone and the Old 97's.

I'd have Material Issue's "International Pop Overthrow" in the bag, it being probably the best power-pop album ever produced.

I'd have The Beautiful South's debut album in tow, too. I'm sure I would include Pulp's "Different Class." Beyond that, I'd have to stop and think hard.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Go Saints.....

1. Joshua Tree - U2
2. Houses of the Holy - Led Zepellin
2. De Stijl - Stripes
3. for DevinFuture - Licensed to Ill - Beastie Boys
4. Substance - New Order
5. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
6. Dark side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
7. War - U2
8. Showtime - Nitzer Ebb
9. Disentegration - The Cure
10. If this can't be a CD-R with a compilation of all the one-off songs I adore by bands that I don't think the rest of the album is top 10 worthy (like Foo Fighters Everlong off of The Colour and the Shape) then I would probably pick Achtung Baby - U2

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-06-2007 at 09:36 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Not a bad list, u2. I'd definitely take Joshua Tree, Disentegration, and Dark Side of the Moon. You must really like Disentegration if you're going to take two of them.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

George Strait greatest hits
Garth Brooks - 1st album
Collin Raye's greatest hits
Jewel's first album
Sawyer Brown's greatest hits
Dan Seal's greatest hits
something from Gary Allen (sp?)
something from Elvis

i'll get back with you later on the rest.. not really a 'music' fan.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-06-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:33 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
Not a bad list, u2. I'd definitely take Joshua Tree, Disentegration, and Dark Side of the Moon. You must really like Disentegration if you're going to take two of them.
You never know what that hot sun is going to do to the CD after a few years.

Dang it.

edit: I fixed it.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-06-2007 at 09:36 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

what about some 'dark side of the moon'
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #13
untitled
Golden Member

Nice list U2. De Stijl is easily my favorite White Stripes album, and Houses of the Holy is my favorite Zep album, too. Oh, and Licensed to Ill is gold. Never heard of Nitzer Ebb - I'll have to check that one out.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
Nice list U2. De Stijl is easily my favorite White Stripes album, and Houses of the Holy is my favorite Zep album, too. Oh, and Licensed to Ill is gold. Never heard of Nitzer Ebb - I'll have to check that one out.
I kind of stumbled into Nitzer Ebb. This album is the only one I have by them, never bought another one. I went to a Depeche Mode concert in Dallas in the 90's (Violator tour) and NE opened for them. It was an incredible concert, the crowd got into it and to be honest I was sad when they left. When DM came out after about 3 or 4 songs I was ready for NE to come back out. They brought the house down that night. That album reminds me of that night.... one of the finest concerts I've ever attended. Plus, it was the first concert I took my wife to so that also puts it high on my list (memory lane type artifact on my Island).
Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #15
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Ok, Murphy and u2 redeemed this thread. I will take the Braveheart soundtrack and die alone on that beach.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #16
Nemesis
Diamond Member

When I go into the "cd spinning" thread, I get tired head... I know about 1% of the music listed and that is why I said what I said, untitled..
Old 09-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, according to which CDs in my car have the most scratches on them...

1. Incubus - Morning View
2. Incubus - Make yourself
3. Green Day - American Idiot
4. Metallica - S&M
5. Pink Floyd - The Wall
6. Weezer - Blue Album
7. Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
8. Green Day - Dookie
9. Hendrix - Are you experienced?
10. Skynard - One more from the Road

So basically most of the albums I like to listen to with one of my guitars in my lap. An island with a cd player and no guitar would be absolute torture.

This is an impossible list to make btw....so many left out.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
When I go into the "cd spinning" thread, I get tired head... I know about 1% of the music listed and that is why I said what I said, untitled..
When you go into that thread, you get the same thing that you got in the Book thread... people are only trying to impress others instead of actually being truthful. Especially in the book thread... I've read alot of posts from different people on this site... trust me, not many of the people here are reading at above a 3rd grade level. Take Untitled for example... there's no doubt that the guy is listening to Barney's Greatest Hits volume 2 along with The Best of The Backyardigans.....

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-06-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #19
Nemesis
Diamond Member

haha...word.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I move that we all listen to whatever Murph is listening to.

Background: there was once a thread about what everyone was reading, or what their favorite books were or whatever, and it turned out that everyone was reading Tolstoy, or somesuch. Which of course Murph sniffed out as so much pomp and circumstance.

I can't recall what Murph was reading at the time that was more realistic, but I will say that _Juiced_ is worth your time.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

In no certain order, here are a mix of 10 that might serve on that desert island (every one of these is all wheat and no chaff, at least to my taste...).

Merle Haggard: Lonesome Fugitive
Johnny Cash at San Quentin
Andrew WK: The Wolf
Project Pitchfork: IO
Fat Pat: Throwed in the Game '98
Bushwick Bill: Phantom of the Rapra
Frontline Assembly: Millenium
Kraftwerk: The Mix
Tennessee Ford: Songs of the Civil War
Flogging Molly: Drunken Lullabies
Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
8. Showtime - Nitzer Ebb
Hell Yes. It's good to see some love for late-80's/early-90's industrial going around (although personally, I'd place That Total Age on my list before Showtime- but I know TTA is a bit heavy, and I'd also say that ST's 'Getting Closer' is one of the best songs that Nitzer Ebb ever released)...

'Muscle and Hate! Muscle and Hate! Force is Machine! Force is Machine! Fire! Fire....'

--EDIT--

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I kind of stumbled into Nitzer Ebb. This album is the only one I have by them, never bought another one. I went to a Depeche Mode concert in Dallas in the 90's (Violator tour) and NE opened for them. It was an incredible concert, the crowd got into it and to be honest I was sad when they left. When DM came out after about 3 or 4 songs I was ready for NE to come back out. They brought the house down that night. That album reminds me of that night.... one of the finest concerts I've ever attended. Plus, it was the first concert I took my wife to so that also puts it high on my list (memory lane type artifact on my Island).
Whoops, I posted the above response not having read your second Nitzer Ebb post. I was a huge fan of NE going back to my aged high school days, and I was also fortunate enough to have seen them in concert twice (as in your case, they brought the damned house down both times- two of the best live performances I have ever seen), so I'd say that whether or not you like old Industrial stuff, if you are a fan of Showtime, then I'd strongly recommend the wonderful fascist-industrial masterpiece that is 'That Total Age'- and I'd specifically recommend the brutal anthem 'Join in the Chant'- a song that is pretty much one of my top 20 favorite songs of all-time, and one I might very well put on my top 10 if I was making that list whilst in the right kind of fascist/weight-lifting/roid-rage (I've never taken anything like that, but if I had, JITC would be a good song for it) kind of mood... Good, good stuff...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-07-2007 at 05:13 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:49 AM   #23
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wow, u2. That would be my exact Desert Island list as well.

If I were on a desert island in hell. Gack!!!! 2 by U2 and one by the Cure? My greatest relief would occur when the pressure in my brain built up enough to make my ears explode. And peace would still have to wait till those ungodly noises faded from memory.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #24
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Bob Dylan: John Wesley Harding
John Coltrane: Love Supreme
Miles Davis: Sketches of Spain
Thelonius Monk: Monk's Music
Bob Dylan: Self Portrait
Sonny Boy Williamson
Stevie Wonder: Songs in the Key of Life
Donald Byrd: The Best of Donald Byrd
Lee Morgan: The Rumproller
Murphy3: I'm too sexy
(maybe some classical music for when I can't otherwise go to sleep)
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #25
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Urchin: Urchin
Scorn: Gyral
Eluvium: Copia
Randy Greif: Alice in Wonderland
Scorn: Plan B
Explosions in the Sky: Those who tell...
Black Tape for a Blue Girl: A Chaos of Desire
Eluvium: When I live by the Garden and the Sea
Randy Greif: Verdi's Requiem
Pretty much any random Doo-Wop 50's collection...
Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #26
Nemesis
Diamond Member

ok...next
Old 09-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

In no particular order...

Nine Inch Nails: The Fragile
U2: Zooropa
Marilyn Manson: Mechanical Animals
U2: Achtung Baby
Marilyn Manson: Holywood
Siouxsie and the Banshees: Twice Upon a Time
Radiohead: Kid A
Alanis Morissette: Jagged Little Pill
Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral
David Bowie: Let's Dance
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

in no real order...here just a few who jump to mind

Coming to LIfe - The Normals
Luxury - Luxury
Zep 3
Zep 4
Zep Houses of the Holy (The Rain Song is just about the most beautiful modern song ever written)
Zep BBC Sessions disc 2
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Lauren Hill Unplugged
Best of the Beatles
Beethoven's Best

a good mix of different genres for any mood I find myself in...going crazy on a deserted island

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #29
Nemesis
Diamond Member

that is what I am talking about...
Old 09-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #30
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

this is what I am talking about...
Old 09-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #31
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

That's what I'm talking about...
Old 09-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #32
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

About what I'm talking is this...
Old 09-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I am talking about this...
Old 09-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #34
MavsX
Diamond Member

you are talking about that...

Last edited by MavsX; 09-11-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #35
Nemesis
Diamond Member

give me a wiffle ball bat...
Old 09-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #36
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

as will soon be obvious, I haven't updated my listening habits in at least a decade....

(in no particular order)

1. Led Zeppelin -- the four disc best of compilation (ok, a cheat but I couldn't pick just one album)

2. Pink Floyd -- The Wall

3. Al Green -- Greatest Hits

4. Nirvana -- Nevermind

5. Waylon Jennings -- Waylon Live

6. REM -- Eponymous

7. The Doors -- The Doors

8. U2 -- Achtung Baby

9, CCR -- Green River

10. The Carpenters -- Close to you (don't give me any crap, the carpenters were great and you know you dig their music whenever you hear it)

(shout out for including The Toadies -- great stuff....)