Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future
Default It has been wayyy too long!

How is everybody? I haven't been checking up to see how things are going for a long, long time, and I sorely miss my friends here at dallas-mavs.com. Have I missed anything important? Someone catch me up on all the board gossip. I will definitely be around more. I'm not going to be teaching this year. I'll be working for a medical billing office that will pay for me to get my masters. So I will be busy working full time and taking classes, but I'll make sure to stay on top of things here. To be honest, I have just been in mourning for way too long. A friend of mine had on a Mavs shirt today, and it didn't hurt this time to see it. (I know, I'm sad!), so I decided I was healed enough to come back. I've missed you all - even Sike!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

"Board gossip:"

Cap and Chum both left mysterious last posts and have not posted since, they can be seen here:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...660#post744660

and here

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...719#post734719

One is funny, one is not.

In other news, sike ran off with u2's wife and sent a post card from Utah. He's trying to start up his own religion involving polygamy, but was too dumb to realize that one pre-existed there.

There is shockingly little Maverick news. The political forum is probably more active than the Mavs forum.

One of the items in this post is not very true. You'll never guess which one it is.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-25-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i have missed you as well. I am glad your back, good luck with the new job and the classes.

I am kinda jealous for sike, cause he got a shout-out.

see ya.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
One of the items in this post is not very true. You'll never guess which one it is.
This one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
One is funny, one is not.
I have to guess this because the rest is most certainly true and verifiable.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:15 AM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Good to see you back, I hope you've been well. It will be good to have you around more often.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Hi Raeffor! Congrads on getting your masters paid for! What will you be studying?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see you Smiles!

What's the inside scoop from Frisco?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-17-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Not much.

Oh wait. Remember those new jerseys you were asking about? They're going to be unveiled "officially". LOL

I guess you already heard that. did you hear about all the promotions? "Double LOL"
Old 08-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What promotions?

I heard the jerseys suck pretty hard.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Smiles
Diamond Member

Let's hope they are lucky jerseys and the rest won't matter.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

smiles and mvp all in the same thread...that is good stuff right there....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:52 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
Have I missed anything important?

Well, apparently the Mavs were never in the Billups race in the first place.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:01 AM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think the Billups thread is the best thread of the offseason by far.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

hola
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:47 AM   #15
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

maybe I'll have some down time at work to look at the Billups thread. when a thread is tagged "best thread ever" here then it's some good stuff!

hey Smiles! hope things are going well for you! this year we need to meet in person for a game! and the masters thing...haven't decided yet. I will start in January and either go for English or sociology. I love teaching, but I've also become interested in trying out being a licensed chemical dependency therapist for teens. I think that would be very rewarding, and Nashty could be my first client! (nashty, you know I am kidding! I've told you before what a mature teenager you seem to be. just wanted to mess with you!)

um, is it October 31st yet? didn't think so.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote