Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs Songs

I'm trying to think of any and all songs "associated" (loosely defined) with the Mavericks.

Their intro song is Eminence Front, there's the Rebellion YouTube video, and of course the infamous song Looking for Freedom.

But what else is there? What else do they play during games? After wins? After losses? (I've only been to a few games so I forgot) Any other songs that have been associated with the team or any of the players?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

thunderstruck by ac/dc - they always play this about midway through the fourth quarter. really gets the place going if the game is close. there's a guy that lip-syncs the song, complete with air-drums. he looks pretty dorky to me, but he seems to always have a different attractive younger woman with him. could have something to do with the courtside seats, but what do i know?

another one bites the dust by queen - played at the end of a mavs win. i definitely have good associations with this song.

those are the main ones that stick out in my mind as "mavs songs." other songs that they play a lot at the aac are sports favorites like: hit the road jack (when someone fouls out); the hey song (typically early fourth quarter); y'all ready for this; the bulls intro song; eye of the tiger; welcome to the jungle; and a bunch of others that i can't think of at the moment.

also, pantera's dallas stars song is pretty sweet. not mavs-related, but a good dallas sports song nevertheless.
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I'm trying to think of any and all songs "associated" (loosely defined) with the Mavericks.

Their intro song is Eminence Front, there's the Rebellion YouTube video, and of course the infamous song Looking for Freedom.

But what else is there? What else do they play during games? After wins? After losses? (I've only been to a few games so I forgot) Any other songs that have been associated with the team or any of the players?
Back in 1995 there was a nationally released 'Best kept secrets in the NBA' rap CD that featured Jason Kidd rapping about the Mavs and his teammates (specifically Mashburn and Dumas). It was a great song (at least in an amusing sports-fan-camp kind of way), and I once owed a store-bought version of that CD, but I no longer have the darned thing, and after looking, I sure as heck can't find a rip of the cd on bittorrent or Emule. That said, I have to think that the above referenced JKidd song is the best Mavs song in history, at least since the below referenced David Hassellhoff 'Looking For Freedom' masterpiece...

http://www.google.com/search?q=hasse...ent=firefox-a#
Old 08-16-2007, 12:25 AM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan

Back in 1995 there was a nationally released 'Best Kept Secrets in the NBA'* rap CD that featured Jason Kidd rapping about the Mavs and his teammates (specifically Mashburn and Dumas). Kidd's one track on that CD was a great song (at least in an amusing sports-fan-camp kind of way), and I once owned a store-bought version of it, but sadly, I no longer have the darned thing, and after looking, I sure as heck can't find a rip of the cd on bittorrent or Emule. That said, I have to think that the above referenced JKidd song is the best Mavs song in history (with the possible exception of the below referenced David Hassellhoff 'Looking For Freedom' masterpiece)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cejq10jZ0kQ

*http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...7242886&sr=1-1

Last edited by Evilmav2; 08-16-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

PPT - "We're Rowdy, Loud, and Proud"

http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/01_Track_1.mp3

^They're a local hip-hop group and this Mavs song it easily my least favorite of theirs. So as not to misrepresent their talent, here's some much higher quality stuff from their debut album:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=3

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=2
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote