Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Attention whore thread

Hello my fellow D-M.com brethren. I haven't talked to you guys alot lately.

Just wanted to draw attention to myself and say hello.

I've been avoiding the Deathly Hallows discussion like the plague (having to ramp up for CCIE written). So I really appreciate the non-spoilers.

Just wanted to say sup'.

So.... sup?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Sup!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Is this where Doc's hiding?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely nothing "sup."

Don't worry about the CCIE. Don't you think that 'The Deathly Hallows' would provide you with a more satisfied warm fuzzy feeling than some Cisco exam study guide?

I don't like you networking guys and your precious hardware anyways,
Old 08-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've been avoiding the Deathly Hallows discussion like the plague
Harry ends up finding this lamp, and he has some crazy genie grant him 3 wishes. In the end, Voldemort gets hold of the lamp, and wishes to be a powerful genie, but he doesn't realize he's imprisoning himself. And so he is defeated. And then Harry sets the good genie free.

But that might be the plot to Disney's 'Aladdin'.

I'm not really sure.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Holla.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:52 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

jesus dude..the ccie. i have heard some shit about that exam. Good luck. If you pass that exam...hello to making $250 grand a year!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #9
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

there is no reason to be talking about anything else than the picture above...focus MavsX!!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
there is no reason to be talking about anything else than the picture above...focus MavsX!!
sorry about that. Won't happen again.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect thread to announce my triumphant return!

The Spiral goes on, bitches!
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Perfect thread to announce my triumphant return!

The Spiral goes on, bitches!
welcome back Joker.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

o hay i'm still awesome too

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #14
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
o hay i'm still awesome too

ugh............what
Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

And to bring attention back to myself I will say that I have begun reading Deathly Hallows. I found a great firefox extension called Sneakoscope that has thus far kept me from getting spoiled. It's actually a very useful tool.

So far I'm on chapter six and at this point it just doesn't feel right.... and I'm saddened by ******************SPOILER highlight to read*******the death of Hedwig. I mean really saddened. END SPOILER

Anyway that's the sum of my update. I'm reading it now so I can soon join in the other threads coversations. Like those are really active now..... That's me..... late to the game.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-03-2007 at 09:28 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
And to bring attention back to myself I will say that I have begun reading Deathly Hallows. I found a great firefox extension called Sneakoscope that has thus far kept me from getting spoiled. It's actually a very useful tool.

So far I'm on chapter six and at this point it just doesn't feel right.... and I'm saddened by ******************SPOILER highlight to read*******the death of Hedwig. I mean really saddened. END SPOILER

Anyway that's the sum of my update. I'm reading it now so I can soon join in the other threads coversations. Like those are really active now..... That's me..... late to the game.

I will be happy to discuss with you if you should ever become active on the board again!

It is so quiet around here lately...

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-03-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I will be happy to discuss with you if you should ever become active on the board again!

It is so quiet around here lately...
Dude..... It ain't easy studying for those damn exams. Any distraction makes you feel like you are cheating yourself.

Does Harry undie Hedwig? That would make me happy..... if he could do that.

But don't tell me the answer to that either way.

(now I'm going back to reading)
Old 09-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Dude..... It ain't easy studying for those damn exams. Any distraction makes you feel like you are cheating yourself.

Does Harry undie Hedwig? That would make me happy..... if he could do that.

But don't tell me the answer to that either way.

(now I'm going back to reading)
I'm just messing with you. Study like crazy. I actually miss studying in some morbid way, and I've been out of college two years now....

When is the big day? (exam?)

Yes, Hedwig 'undies' and then has little Hedwigs with a Mrs. Hedwig ....I think that whole harry/voldy thing gets sorted out as well, but I can't really remember.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people read Harry Potter?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #20
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Why do people read Harry Potter?
It really is a good story. Most adults who can get past thinking it's just for kids to the point of actually reading the books tend to agree.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #21
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I wish I was smart like U2.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You'd think a thread with the word 'whore' in the title would be more fun.....
Old 09-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #23
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I also wish I was a whore like U2.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

whore?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Flaco... I wouldn't be reading the book if I hadn't taken the exam.

chum... I thought just like you but decided to read them late last year(?) on suggestion by people who's opinion I value. And I'm glad I did.

raef... If you really think you want to prep for that exam I say go for it. It's a humdinger. It's not over though because now I have 18 months to take the lab portion of the exam. And that's $1,250 plus a plane flight and a hotel room since there are only 2 locations in the US to take the lab exam.... not to mention the prep time involved while still being a father and a husband and an employee. On your 2nd note..... everyone can be an attention whore if they try real hard. Heck, look at Cindy Sheehan... if she can do it, ANYONE can.

sike... You remain, to this day, odd....
Old 09-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

you whore!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #27
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

sup
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote