Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-19-2002, 01:26 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

To any of y'all interested, feel free to add any interesting quotations that you know or come across...
This is my first entry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:

Best Quote of 1924:

1st Woman MP Bessie Braddock to Winston Churchill:
"Winston, you are drunk!"

Churchill:
"Bessie, you are ugly, and tomorrow morning I shall be sober"

Old 12-19-2002, 02:01 AM   #2
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

beauty is in the eye
of the beer holder
- unknown -

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:21 AM   #3
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

my father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it. i never did like to work, and i don't deny it. i'd rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh - anything but work.

--abraham lincoln
Old 12-19-2002, 10:34 AM   #4
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

"Music to someone is noise they love, noise to someone is music they hate." --???
Old 12-19-2002, 12:17 PM   #5
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

"t.u." is not funny. It is NOT insulting. It is dumb. Just imagine if folks from Texas kept talking about M&A and giggling. That would not be funny. In fact, it would be retarded.
-Jim Rome
Old 12-19-2002, 12:19 PM   #6
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get."
- Homer J Simpson
Old 12-19-2002, 12:19 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

"My mother taught me to eat,
my father taught me to drink"

From a friend of mine.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:02 PM   #8
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

These are my new shoes.
They're good shoes.
They won't make you rich like me,
they won't make you rebound like me,
they definitely won't make you handsome like me.
They'll only make you have shoes like me.
That's it.

- Charles Barkley -
Old 12-19-2002, 02:49 PM   #9
Novice#41
Golden Member

men always want to be a woman's first love -
women like to be a man's last romance.
- oscar wilde -
Old 12-19-2002, 02:59 PM   #10
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Slam Online's Quotes of the Year
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 03:20 PM   #11
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The man who sleeps on the floor cannot fall off the bed
~Martin Lawrence
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 03:34 PM   #12
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I pity people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they feel all day
- Frank Sinatra
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 04:58 PM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.[/i]
Henny Youngman
Old 12-19-2002, 06:47 PM   #14
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:01 PM   #15
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

"Hook 'Em Horns, and God Bless America."
-President George W. Bush during a presentation to Coach, Darrell K. Royal
Old 12-19-2002, 08:17 PM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

If your job doesn´t allow you to play golf, leave your job.

Old 12-19-2002, 09:36 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The nearest thing to heaven is a child.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:01 PM   #18
Chiwas
Guru

"It´s more worth to do and regret that not to do and regret"

-Niccolò Machiavelli
Old 12-20-2002, 12:39 AM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I picked the Mavs related quotes from the
slam link Hoopsmeister posted.
And some others that I liked. Here you go:

"I thought I'd try it. What the heck, I don't know what I'm going to do...It's not complicated. It grows if you just let it. You don't really have to 'come up with' (the idea)." -- Don Nelson, on his new mustache.

"It would be good to have him, but we're not going to miss him. We'll find the two or three points from somewhere else." -- Michael Finley, on losing Wang Zhi Zhi to the Clips.

"If you can't score on Wang Zhizhi, you should retire." -- Don Nelson, on his advice to Dan Majerle.

"Do what you need to do. But just be forewarned that if you're going to fuck with me, I'll fuck right back." -- Mark Cuban, to a reporter from D Magazine in Dallas.

"Do I have a lot of confidence in him? No." -- Don Nelson, on Shawn Bradley.

"He's not as tall as me. If he's 7-6, then I'm 7-10." -- Shawn Bradley, on Yao Ming.

"Now I know I'm not the skinniest player in the NBA." -- Yao Ming, on Shawn Bradley.

"No, we smoked it all up." -- Rasheed Wallace, to the police officer that pulled him over, when he was asked if there was any more marijuana in the car.

"You know what? It's just one of those things." -- Damon Stoudamire, on being charged with possession of a pound of marijuana.

"This sucks, we're out of here." -- Vladimir Radmanovic, to Brent Barry, 30 minutes into a Bruce Springsteen concert, after Barry took him, Peja Drobnjak and Vitaly Potapenko to the show.

"IN HINDU CULTURE, THE ELEPHANT IS TALL, REGAL, MAJESTIC, STRONG, POWERFUL AND ENIGMATIC. A HINDU PROVERB STATES THAT WHEN AN ELEPHANT IS DOWN EVEN A FROG WILL KICK HIM. ISN'T THAT RIGHT, PLASCHKE?" -- Shaquille O'Neal, in a message written on a piece of paper that he wore taped to his jersey at Lakers practice yesterday, referring to a column in the LA Times by Bill Plaschke saying that Shaq needed to be held accountable for throwing a punch at Brad Miller.

"Curling [the winter olympic 'sport'] ain't nothing but dusting...I want my Grandma to get off her old behind and get her an Olympic medal to go with my two medals. She can dust." -- Charles Barkley.

"Hi, Pacers fans, my name is Ron Artest. I'm from the housing projects of Queens, New York. I play tough defense and every night I feel I'm the best." -- Ron Artest, in his diary on Pacers.com.

"Do I expect to be here? If I'm here I'm here. If I'm not I'll be wherever I am. I'm not a prophet. So I really don't know. The Lord hasn't given me any signs or hints of not being here." -- Charlie Ward, Knicks zealot (as always, the words of Ward are in red, like Jesus).

"I'm not trading Vince Carter. That is, unless he suffers a career-ending injury. Then he would be available." -- Glen Grunwald, Raptors GM.

"The kids still look up to me; they will always look up to me." -- Glenn Robinson, after being arrested for menacing his ex-girlfriend.

"It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?" -- Allen Iverson.

"With the way the economy is, there are a lot of people trying not to lose $20 million." -- Antoine Walker, on why the Celts couldn't re-sign Rodney Rogers.

"It feels pretty good. I had Doug Christie's wife massage it for me." -- Shaq, on his sore toe.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 01:33 AM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

HAhaha... Those are great. Thanks Hoopsmeister and Fidel...
Old 12-20-2002, 12:48 PM   #21
Chiwas
Guru

"I'm a patient man. And when I say I'm a patient man, I mean I'm a patient man."

- (guess)

Old 12-20-2002, 04:45 PM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

"Someday, there'll be no Americans left in the NBA, The players will all be Chinese, like Yao!"
-Xing Tao, a 12-year old who hoined his school's team in Shanghai, China, two weeks ago after watching Houston Rockets rookie Yao Ming play on television
Old 12-20-2002, 04:51 PM   #23
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

Hey Chiwas, r u a big fan of 2-Pac Makaveli
Old 12-20-2002, 05:28 PM   #24
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

"I am an excellent housekeeper. Every time I leave a husband I keep his house."
-Zsa Zsa Gabor
Old 12-20-2002, 05:44 PM   #25
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

well,i dont know who said it but i try to live by it:
"live and let live".

and there was a jewish author who said something very smart concerning a situtation they were in:
"one who burns books,will end up burning people".
unfortunatly,he was right.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:53 PM   #26
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Y'know, I'm just happy to be here and hope I can help the ballclub. I just want to give it my best shot and good Lord willing, things'll work out... gotta play 'em one day at a time, Y'know... >>

Ebby Calvin &quot;Nuke&quot; LaLoosh in Bull Durham
Old 12-22-2002, 12:19 PM   #27
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Biggie Smalls: &quot; i ain't go no mother f%$#in friends . . .&quot;

2pac: &quot;thats why I fu%ked your b%tch you fat mother f%cker&quot;

Old 12-22-2002, 12:22 PM   #28
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

&quot;who do you think keeps this great nation of ours in line? the police -heh- give me a f%ckin break. After the rise of the modern day criminal without being checked and balanced by the one thing he understands your gonna miss me. Your all gonna look back, you're gonna miss John Gotti.&quot;
Old 12-22-2002, 12:56 PM   #29
Chiwas
Guru

<< 2pac: &quot;thats why a fu%ked your b%tch you fat mother f%cker&quot; >>

Very substancial.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2002, 01:18 PM   #30
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

just one of many qutable quotes from the rap wars that ended with Biggie and 2pac (arguabley) 8 feet under nailed into a wooden box for talking smack
Old 12-25-2002, 05:57 PM   #31
Chiwas
Guru

&quot;What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace&quot;.

Agnes M. Pharo
Old 12-26-2002, 01:08 PM   #32
Chiwas
Guru

&quot;Given that they didn't know that it was impossible to do it, they did it.&quot;

-Anonimous.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #33
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

&quot;Use the instrument panel, Luke, that's what it's there for.&quot;

--Thumb Wars
Old 01-05-2003, 11:36 AM   #34
Chiwas
Guru

&quot;When I was born I was so surprised, I couldn't talk for a year and a half.&quot;

- Gracie Allen
Old 01-06-2003, 11:31 PM   #35
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

&quot;I'm not the first person to tell you this. One day we all die. It doesn't matter what we eat or don't eat.&quot;

&quot;What do the good people of New Orleans talk about while they're eating lunch? What we're going to eat for dinner.&quot;

-Kevin Belton, The New Orleans School of Cooking
Old 01-07-2003, 12:37 AM   #36
Chiwas
Guru

&quot;To laugh often and much,
to gain the respect of the inteligent persons and the love of the children.
To deserve the recognition of the honest critics and to resist the treason of false friends.
To appreciate the beauty.
To be able to find the best in everybody.
To leave the world better than it was, giving it a child, a piece of garden, or a social circumstance transformed in good.
To know that the world is a little better because you lived.

This is to have triumphed.&quot;

Emerson
Old 01-07-2003, 03:30 AM   #37
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

&quot;Opions are like assholes. Everyone has one and most are full of shit.&quot;

Dirty Harry
Old 01-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #38
Chiwas
Guru

&quot;Having a black box on the label is a big deal. It's pretty astounding to go from a year ago thinking this is one of the most benign drugs to a 180-degree turn in the opposite direction.&quot;

-DR. SUSAN HENDRIX,a gynecologist, on the government decision to require warning labels on drugs containing estrogen.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:02 PM   #39
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Hookers are like a box of chocaletes
The good ones cost more

Oops this should be under cliches
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 05:06 PM   #40
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

All I need to be happy in life is 4 animals...
A mink on my back, a Jaguar in the garage, a tiger in the bedroom and a jackass to pay for all of it.