Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #161
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Underrated play of the game: Terry running interference on that Marion run out. Because of that Durant was late arriving and Marion was able to get the and-1 to that put us up by two scores.
YES. I noticed that at the time. Very nice play. It was nice of Jet to contribute something in the second half.

I'm such a hater.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #162
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That was Skinny Skin.
Was it? Definitely sounds like a question he'd ask, but I didn't recognize his voice. Well-played, Skin.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #163
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
I can't stay for too long, I'm posting from inside of Kevin Durant's backpack

after handing Dirk the Western Conference Champions trophy (I had just gotten back from a Dyke Costume Party so I dressed up like Doris Burke), I went to the bathroom to take a leak.... I walked in to find the stalls shaking violently and the walls slowly crumbling...

"Bob? are you in there? is that you?"
Bob. Does it hurt?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #164
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Ya-hoo!!!!!
You are safe and secure! I was worried about you. Drunk much, as promised? How was it in the arena?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #165
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Reporter just asked Dirk why he didn't really look like he was into it during the trophy presentation.

"We got one of those trophies already. It didn't mean anything in the end."

It was hilarious watching Dirk during the trophy presentation. He didn't even want to touch the thing. He's turning to leave and Cuban has to grab him to get him to hoist it.

Dude did not give a fuck.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #166
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Waiting to get the report from dude1934, who I'm sure was in the arena, and who proclaimed he would be "so drunk Wednesday night!" Check in, dude...let us know you are okay!
I'm back and just as drunk as expected. Strangely enough the guys next to me got tossed for cursing too much... At first I thought it was me.

Pretty special watching the guys take the trophy on our floor. I certainly hung until the end. As cubes said...we're not finished yet!!!! Bi-hatches!!!!

Woo hoo!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 AM   #167
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
YES. I noticed that at the time. Very nice play. It was nice of Jet to contribute something in the second half.

I'm such a hater.
You're not a hater. You're just biased to your favorite players and biased against your less favorite players. Like everyone.

Just try to keep it in check, okay? We're not this far without my man JT.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 AM   #168
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The arena was ROCKING!!!! Everyone around us were hugging each other...strange hugging all of those strangers.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #169
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm back and just as drunk as expected. Strangely enough the guys next to me got tossed for cursing too much... At first I thought it was me.

Pretty special watching the guys take the trophy on our floor. I certainly hung until the end. As cubes said...we're not finished yet!!!! Bi-hatches!!!!

Woo hoo!!!
Dude1394 delivering the drunken close-out mojo, as expected.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #170
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Most underrated stat of the night (sorry if this has been posted): Brendan Haywood 5-6 FTs
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #171
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

stevenson was compared to MJ? O_o http://www.nbadraft.net/players/deshawn-stevenson
Old 05-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #172
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Ok ok...I wasn't dreaming was I?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #173
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Anyone know where ThunderFan went? Also, showing for me that our newest member is one "HEAT WAVE"... Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll...
I'm more interested in where misplacedsooner went...
Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #174
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You're not a hater. You're just biased to your favorite players and biased against your less favorite players. Like everyone.

Just try to keep it in check, okay? We're not this far without my man JT.
No doubt, no doubt. It speaks to how good Jet has been for most of these playoffs that I'm frustrated at him for missing two shots late in the fourth. Jet still hit some important shots tonight, but they were all early.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #175
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
The arena was ROCKING!!!!.
Thats when Diop is blocking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G4ji1eE91I&t=0m19s

Last edited by Dim499; 05-26-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #176
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
Most underrated stat of the night (sorry if this has been posted): Brendan Haywood 5-6 FTs
And 5-8 last game. The guy is turning into a 7 foot Mark Price these days!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #177
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
stevenson was compared to MJ? O_o http://www.nbadraft.net/players/deshawn-stevenson
Those comparisons can occasionally net pure gold.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #178
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

i think i might cry if we win this

i was real emotional tonight
Old 05-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #179
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No doubt, no doubt. It speaks to how good Jet has been for most of these playoffs that I'm frustrated at him for missing two shots late in the fourth. Jet still hit some important shots tonight, but they were all early.
Honestly, Jet had a bad series since Game 1. We NEED him to get untracked for Miami.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #180
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
And 5-8 last game. The guy is turning into a 7 foot Mark Price these days!
He looks so much more confident right now. Nice to see.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #181
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Great to see BG (and Ben & Skin) having a good time in the locker room!

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 05-26-2011 at 12:09 AM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #182
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Honestly, Jet had a bad series since Game 1. We NEED him to get untracked for Miami.
Yeah, perhaps "most" isn't the right word. He's still an inconsistent player. But he's been good enough these playoffs that I expect him to give us a couple of great games next series, which is a weird feeling.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #183
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
I watched an old video of Stevenson in the McD's slam dunk contest, and he was an athletic freak back in the day. Hard to believe it's the same guy out there these days.

Also, this is why you should never look at that garbage website.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #184
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, perhaps "most" isn't the right word. He's still an inconsistent player. But he's been good enough these playoffs that I expect him to give us a couple of great games next series, which is a weird feeling.
If we get two "Miami 06 Game 1s" from Jet, I like our chances.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #185
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post

Great to see BG (and Ben & Skin) having a good time in the locker room!
Whoa did Ben get gastric bypass or something? I've been kind of out of the loop on things Ben and Skin since they left the ticket, but that's about half the Ben I remember from back in the day.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #186
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
If we get two "Miami 06 Game 1s" from Jet, I like our chances.
I bet he sees that missed 3 at the end of game 6 every night in his sleep.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #187
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I watched an old video of Stevenson in the McD's slam dunk contest, and he was an athletic freak back in the day. Hard to believe it's the same guy out there these days.

Back surgery will do that to you.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #188
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:

is it just back injury or has he had other injuries?

Draft express is a much better site fwiw
Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #189
LonghornDub

Quote:
He hit more big shots in Game 4 than anyone other than Dirk. I wasn't happy with his shooting percentage, and a bit of his shot selection, but the standard for the guy is a bit unfair sometimes. He's a worse Ray Allen. It really can't be unexpected for someone like that to have bad stretches.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #190
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Whoa did Ben get gastric bypass or something? I've been kind of out of the loop on things Ben and Skin since they left the ticket, but that's about half the Ben I remember from back in the day.
Yes he did.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #191
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
i'm scared from this...

anyway we didn't play a great series but,wow,we won 4-1!!!amazing!!!

i think the same thing that cuban says.

go mavssssssssssssss
F them too!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #192
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Looks like he has just one shirt...
No, that ws Goldstein *lol*
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #193
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I just tweeted golden gold about Haywood's free throws...
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #194
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
I can't stay for too long, I'm posting from inside of Kevin Durant's backpack

after handing Dirk the Western Conference Champions trophy (I had just gotten back from a Dyke Costume Party so I dressed up like Doris Burke), I went to the bathroom to take a leak.... I walked in to find the stalls shaking violently and the walls slowly crumbling...

"Bob? are you in there? is that you?"

Huh?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:19 AM   #195
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
is it just back injury or has he had other injuries?

Draft express is a much better site fwiw
Agreed. I gave up on nbadraft.net when it compared Derrick Rose to Jason Kidd and Kevin Durant to Tracy McGrady/Kevin Garnett.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #196
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I just tweeted golden gold about Haywood's free throws...
It's huge. Just huge. I've harped on it in all the GDT's this series. The difference is immense in how they're coming out of his hand. And it's not just the points this series--the improvement will seriously discourage the East champ from trying to Hack-a-Wood, and if they do....I think he'll make at least 60% now.

Also, your latest tweet about him being a backup center on a title team is gold.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #197
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Good night (or should i say good morning...?) my fellow Mavs fans - that was truly an incredible evening/morning.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #198
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Looks like his "weaknesses" are still in effect.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #199
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

One last thing:

Kudos to Brendan Haywood for investing time into his free throw shooting:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ng-with-a.html
Old 05-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #200
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Did Dirk leave the court when Cuban was talking?

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, it's time bitches, we ain't done yet