Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #441
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'd say the same thing about Palin...if it in fact were true.
Yes, it is true... and I could say the same thing about African Americans and their love affair with someone just because he's partially black...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #442
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How long till the term "empty skirt" hits the mainstream?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #443
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Obama had a sit down a couple weeks ago with O'Reilly, or don't you recall? FOX stretched that interview out over four nights!

I find FoxNEWS fairly well slanted to the right, ABC slightly slanted to the right, and MSNBC very heavily slanted to the left. I find CNN pretty reliably toward the middle, if slightly left.
Sure I do...I recall a debate called off and no other candidates going on fox.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #444
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Sure I do...I recall a debate called off and no other candidates going on fox.
What are you saying? You want Biden to go on Fox? I don't get it.

Look, I will give O'Reilly credit for being a fair guy. I thought his interviewing of Obama was tough, but measured and legitimate. Let's see...when will McCain or Palin sit down with, say, Larry King or Anderson Cooper? (I'm assuming you believe CNN is in the tank for Obama.)
Old 09-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #445
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Numbers confirming the gut feel..

----

Poll: Racial views steer some white Dems away from Obama
By RON FOURNIER and TREVOR TOMPSON, Associated Press Writers

WASHINGTON (AP) — Deep-seated racial misgivings could cost Barack Obama the White House if the election is close, according to an AP-Yahoo News poll that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks — many calling them "lazy," "violent," responsible for their own troubles.

The poll, conducted with Stanford University, suggests that the percentage of voters who may turn away from Obama because of his race could easily be larger than the final difference between the candidates in 2004 — about two and one-half percentage points.

Certainly, Republican John McCain has his own obstacles: He's an ally of an unpopular president and would be the nation's oldest first-term president. But Obama faces this: 40 percent of all white Americans hold at least a partly negative view toward blacks, and that includes many Democrats and independents.

More than a third of all white Democrats and independents — voters Obama can't win the White House without — agreed with at least one negative adjective about blacks, according to the survey, and they are significantly less likely to vote for Obama than those who don't have such views.

Such numbers are a harsh dose of reality in a campaign for the history books. Obama, the first black candidate with a serious shot at the presidency, accepted the Democratic nomination on the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, a seminal moment for a nation that enshrined slavery in its Constitution.

"There are a lot fewer bigots than there were 50 years ago, but that doesn't mean there's only a few bigots," said Stanford political scientist Paul Sniderman

Rest of it: http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-...lse-obama-race
I've been telling you that democrats are more racist than anyone. Live by identy-politics, die by identy-politics. That goes for blacks as well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 09-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #446
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I've been telling you that democrats are more racist than anyone. Live by identy-politics, die by identy-politics. That goes for blacks as well.
Are you...actually aware of some of the things you say? Or do you just drive by the evidence without actually looking at it?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #447
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, Dude did you happen to look at the graphic you just posted, what it says about Republicans?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #448
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Lol, Dude did you happen to look at the graphic you just posted, what it says about Republicans?
Nah I didn't...I just read the topline.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Deep-seated racial misgivings could cost Barack Obama the White House if the election is close, according to an AP-Yahoo News poll that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks — many calling them "lazy," "violent," responsible for their own troubles.
"

I still stand by the statement however, you'd have seen the spike if you'd have asked blacks about whitey.

Last edited by dude1394; 09-21-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #449
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nah I didn't...I just read the topline.
uh, see those red boxes? they are the republican responses, and they are all on the wrong side of the bar.....wrong side of course if one believes that prejudice and racism is wrong.

Quote:
I still stand by the statement however, you'd have seen the spike if you'd have asked blacks about whitey.
yep, the bar graph is accurate...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #450
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
uh, see those red boxes? they are the republican responses, and they are all on the wrong side of the bar.....wrong side of course if one believes that prejudice and racism is wrong.

yep, the bar graph is accurate...
Criticize Dude if you want, but he has a point. Where's the "Adjectives That Describe Whites" chart, showing how Blacks feel about Whites? Where would Chris Rock fit?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #451
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
Criticize Dude if you want, but he has a point. Where's the "Adjectives That Describe Whites" chart, showing how Blacks feel about Whites? Where would Chris Rock fit?

I don't know, do you believe that black americans are monolithic?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #452
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
I don't know, do you believe that black americans are monolithic?
Of course not. Are you implying therefore that Whites are monolithic? Or that "White Republicans" are monolithic?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
Old 09-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #453
Mavdog
Diamond Member

I'm not making any generalizations such as "if you'd asked blacks about whitey".

as for if "white republicans are monolitic", it appears from the survey that they are about 75% monolithic.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #454
jefelump

Quote:
I'm not making any generalizations such as "if you'd asked blacks about whitey".

as for if "white republicans are monolitic", it appears from the survey that they are about 75% monolithic.
And I'm guessing if you did the same survey, asking Blacks about whitey, you would see a similar 75%.

-Mark Twain

Old 09-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #455
Mavdog
Diamond Member

no, i disagree.

i would expect that just like the survey of white americans, black americans would show a wide spectrum of opinions.

there would be similar breakdowns in how they feel about white americans, from those who have few prejudices to those, like the 75% above, who harbor a great deal of stereotypes.

the question is why you would expect 75% of black americans to have the same level of prejudice as these republicans do.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #456
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
The big liberal meanies are hurting my panties again. the longer everyone gets their news from the obama-media, the worse it will get. It will take the debates and people being able to see them unfiltered for it to turn around I expect.

You can't have the entire USMedia looking, hunting, making up dirt about you without it having an effect.
<snif>
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #457
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Here's something that is completely irrelevant, but kind of funny.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=94985544

()
Old 09-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #458
chumdawg
Guru

What is a "Wal-Mart Woman?"
Old 09-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #459
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Calling Obama a "snob" because his supporters go to Starbucks (not me, though - I've never been inside a Starbucks) is like calling McCain "white trash" because his supporters shop at dumps like Wal-Mart.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #460
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

So, Obama supporters like crappy coffee and McCain supporters like Chinese products.

Got it.

*takes notes*

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #461
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I shop at Wal-Mart so I can afford my weekend Starbucks.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 09-24-2008 at 09:31 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #462
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Hey...I said it was irrelevant.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #463
jefelump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I shop at Wal-Mart so I can afford my weekend Starbucks.
I shop at Wal-Mart because the ammo is cheaper

-Mark Twain

Old 09-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #464
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know that 90% of Obama supporters have milk in their refrigerator??
Conclusion: Milk is the cause of liberalism.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #465
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone explain whay TX and AZ is republican while NM and CO are more leaning to the democrats ?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #466
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Gallup has them tied today.

Zogby has McCain up 46-44

Rasummsen has them about tied I think.

These polls are all over the freaking place (and completely irrelevant). How can that ABC poll the other day have Obama up 9?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-25-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #467
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Manipulation ?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #468
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the world of market research.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #469
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Looking good for Obama. Look at the last 8 years of failed policy as pres, 6 years of a republican congress and senate. Things are going to be looking alot bluer in the next 4 years and the bar is set pretty low to out perform the neocons we have in now. Like i said long ago before this happened, W and the Boy's was going to try to bankrupt us everyway they could try to and they have a good job at it. Hmmm dude, didn't you use to want less taxes and less gov in business? I wonder what happened to a republican and what they stood for? I guess W and the Boy's kicked all them to the curb.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Graph of each state

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp200...raphs/all.html
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #470
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Study: Omitting cell phone users may affect polls

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/...VMUFaFSmuyFz4D

People with only cell phones may differ enough from those with landline telephones that excluding the growing population of cell-only users from public opinion polls may slightly skew the results, a study has concluded.

The finding, in a report this week by the nonpartisan Pew Research Center, may increase pressure on polling organizations to include people who use only cell phones in their surveys. While many major polls including The Associated Press-GfK Poll already interview cell phone users, some do not, largely because doing so is more expensive.

Earlier studies — including a joint Pew-AP report two years ago — concluded that cell and landline users had similar enough views that not calling cell users had no major impact on poll findings. The new report concludes that "this assumption is increasingly questionable," especially for young people, who use cells heavily.

Combining polls it conducted in August and September, Pew found that of people under age 30 with only cell phones, 62 percent were Democrats and 28 percent Republicans. Among landline users the same age that gap was narrower: 54 percent Democrats, 36 percent GOP.

Similarly, young cell users preferred Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama over Republican nominee John McCain by 35 percentage points. For young landline users, it was a smaller 13-point Obama edge.

Scott Keeter, Pew's director of survey research, said he believed this was because young cell-only users are less likely to own homes and be married than young people with landlines.

"Those are two variables that are associated with being somewhat more conservative and more Republican," he said.

The report released Tuesday said that in Pew presidential polls from June, August and September, Obama's lead was 2 or 3 percentage points smaller when cell users were omitted. Though such small discrepancies are usually within a poll's margin of error and not statistically significant, this suggests some bias could exist by omitting cell users, which could be crucial in studying a race as close as this year's presidential race.

It has long been known cell users are likelier to be younger, lower income and minorities. Pollsters routinely weight, or adjust, their data so it accurately reflects the age, race and other demographic features of the entire population.

According to federal figures, 16 percent of households had only cell phones during the second half of 2007, and another 13 percent had cell phones and landlines but seldom used the landlines to take calls. Cell-only households have been growing by 1 or 2 percentage points every half year.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #471
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Looking good for Obama. Look at the last 8 years of failed policy as pres, 6 years of a republican congress and senate. Things are going to be looking alot bluer in the next 4 years and the bar is set pretty low to out perform the neocons we have in now. Like i said long ago before this happened, W and the Boy's was going to try to bankrupt us everyway they could try to and they have a good job at it. Hmmm dude, didn't you use to want less taxes and less gov in business? I wonder what happened to a republican and what they stood for? I guess W and the Boy's kicked all them to the curb.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Graph of each state

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp200...raphs/all.html
Do you think so ? It depends on some states. Whole world knows this. Tell me how Obama will succeed in Ind, Mich Ohi, and so on... ? And Florida.... ?
Democrats could win KS if the republican candidat was non-circumcised, gay, divorced, communist, transvestite jew. Sure, but it doesn´t matter.

Change: Obama changes nothing. He wants to be president. Thats Ok. But he will not bring the great change.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #472
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
Do you think so ? It depends on some states. Whole world knows this. Tell me how Obama will succeed in Ind, Mich Ohi, and so on... ? And Florida.... ?
Democrats could win KS if the republican candidat was non-circumcised, gay, divorced, communist, transvestite jew. Sure, but it doesn´t matter.

Change: Obama changes nothing. He wants to be president. Thats Ok. But he will not bring the great change.

Obama has many ways to win, McSame doesn't. Mac must carry FL, OH and he loses if he loses either state. He can still lose if he wins both Oh and Fl. If Big Mac wins Fl & Oh then he must either win Pa for a win or he must win Oh, Fl and almost carry every swing state out there and he can't do it.

I have said Oh and Fl is very close. These are two states Big mac can't lose and Obama is way to close here. In the last two weeks watch where Bill Clinton will be, Fl, Oh, Pa and Nv. It is a possibility the democrats send him to ark but i wouldn't count on that state. In never goes dem and hasn't in i forget how many years, almost never. It is in play this year for several reasons and Obama has a shot at this state. Obama is closing in on NC and Va. Pulling away in ia, nm and stretching out in co. It doesn't look good for Big Mac. Everything must break right for Mac to win.

I'll give you a lil inside secret, when Bush beat Kerry in Fl and even before this, Bush beat Gore. The dems was suppose to go on a push in fl on signing voters up but they did not after Gore. They did after the Gore defeat. It is big Clinton supporters in Fl. Bill and Hillary will be there alot as well will Obama. Latino and young voters will come out. It's also alot of NY'ers in FL that vote in FL. I feel the dem push from 4 years ago, plus other things i mentioned will make this very close. It can go either way. Mac should get alot of retiree votes and it is alot of retired people in FL but this is also the vote Bill and Hillary are trying to work on. You should see a huge latino turn out this time. It has been alot of money spent trying to flip Fl. Republicans have spent alot of money and time trying to flip Pa also. This was why Biden or Hillary had to be vice. To bring Pa on home.

No democrat will win Kansas. Mac will landslide Kansas. Oh is interesting and again the Clintons and Biden is important with Obama. It's to close to call and Mac or Obama can win here and it be no upset or surprise. States that the dems have made huge register voter turn out and swamped the republicans in are va(remember Webb had no shot at Allen, he was the next guy the republicans was running for pres). Webb done something very few have in history. Webb will probably never be anything big again in politics for name calling and getting beat in a race where it was close to almost impossible on getting beat. It was luck involved in Webb beating him but also Va is getting bluer and Va was a red state. I said was. The dems have turned out registering people in va, nv, fl, and i am not sure but maybe oh and nc was mentioned also. I totally forget on co and maybe this is the reason on co also but not sure.

If Big Mac loses any of these states i predict he loses. FL, OH, NC, VA, IN. If he loses a combo of Co & NV, also say Mac loses. If Big Mac wins nh it stings. Big Mac has to win Pa and he wins. Big Mac won't win Pa. It is close but right now the 10% undecided in Pa are from Southwest Pa and are Democrats. They are huge Clinton supporters and it has been some to say well if they haven't made their mind up, then McCain will win Pa. I say that is wrong. They are democrats and i feel Bill and Hillary can help bring them home and with Biden. You have to remind them, do you want 5.00 a gallon gas prices, less jobs, more borrowing money from china and selling your bankrupted bussinesses to China, how about more conflicts in the middle east and us jumping head first in on them. You just have to remind them of the big spending bankrupting republicans that live off credit cards. I feel the democrats of Pa will make the right decision. This is Big Macs way to victory and if he can hold those big states i mention.

The other way Mac can win is hold and then run most all the swing states. Maybe losing one or two small ones. He is having to hold to many places and the dems have them fighting in to many fronts and as you see the dems are starting to push thru this week. Many states are done and it is many i can already tell you who won in, Mac or Obama, they are thru. Mo and Wv is not out of the woods for Big Mac but Obama must atleast make a visit to Wv.

In the end you will see that the Clintons carry a bigger stick than Dick Cheney, The Bushies, Joe Libberman, Bay Buchanan, Pat Buchanan and as far as that goes people will trust Obama over Big Mac on the economy. What is happening now in the economy is no surprise at all as i have been saying this would happen. Guess what? It's gonna get even worse. The economy will trump Grahmn, Bush, Cheney, Rove, McCain and the cons trying to sell the American public that times are good and we are a bunch of cry babies. Times are not good in the economic sector. You know, the sector that what a republican stands for or suppose to, is less taxes, less gov in business, when they are buying out 700 billon dollars worth of faied bussiness co's and charging the tax payers. Oh Janett Reno has told you to get out of debt and trust me, this is not the last you heard of it. You also better remember this, just because they are going to try to bankrupt social security, and raid the federal reserve and your tax dollars, when you start to say well i want some of that money because i am in debt also. They will tell you, to bad, get over it, give us your car and house and you hit the road. You better get out of debt because it won't be any hand outs unless you own a big firm. This is not for the lil man.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #473
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

In my last post, i need to correct, the dems made a big push in fl after the kerry defeat. The dems have been in fl for 4 years. If Hillary had been the nominee, she would have won Fl. The dems still feel they can but now is harder.

I mention also, Allen from Va won't be much ever again in politics and has made Jim Webb's stock rise alot.

It is so bad now you can't get many republicans to say i voted for George W Bush. You can't get many to say i am republican. You can't get many to even admit we are in hard times and trying to put blinders over the publics eyes and pretending we are in good shape. Chris Mathews who i feel is a republican, has been upset interviewing republicans and can't even get them to admit to taking any blame, that they won't say who they votted for in the last Kerry/Bush election, or not answering questions he directs to them. Then it was total shock for W to ever admit we could be getting in bad shape unless we borrowed 700 more billion. He did this on national tv and was maybe the first time in almost 8 years. People do not believe Phil Graham, when he says we are in good times and who don't believe it are cry babies. How old is Graham? Could he be older than McSame? These people need to wake up.

Selling out to China is not the answer. Us being slaves to China and Saudi is not the answer. Giving our businesses and land to China is not the answer. Selling wall street to China and then borrowing money to pay back China for buying our wall street bussinesses is not the answer. All these republicans that are in love with China and Saudi, one day is really going to regret it.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #474
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Thanks for your answer. I´ll try to anwer more detailed tomorrow but, gas, mortgage, bail, whatever. I have that certain feeling Obama should have stored a little more dry powder for the last weeks.
Cain wil make the pace. That´s just what i feel. Not proven. Just feeling.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #475
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
It is so bad now you can't get many republicans to say i voted for George W Bush. You can't get many to say i am republican.
This is your opinion. You should state it as such.

Your posts are so bloody arrogant, it is unbelievable.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #476
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
Thanks for your answer. I´ll try to anwer more detailed tomorrow but, gas, mortgage, bail, whatever. I have that certain feeling Obama should have stored a little more dry powder for the last weeks.
Cain wil make the pace. That´s just what i feel. Not proven. Just feeling.
Money talks and this year the democrats can match the republicans with ever red cent. Borrowed money, play money or real green backs. The race has just now begun with Obama and the democrats. McCain throwing another hail mary pass because Obama was going out front again. Look what this is making McCain look like. Just like another Phil Graham. Know him or want me to explain who he is? They have a muzzle on Sarah Palin and she is only allowed to have conversation with certain ones and even then she blunders. Now McCain is running wanting people to beg him to debate? He can't skip the debate. He may wish he could skip all debates but he must face Obama sometime and it wouldn't have been any easier against Hillary Clinton. McCain better start using his head and stop listening to Graham, Rove and the cons.

John McCain or Obama has had nothing to do with this bail out. NOTHING. It is Reid, Frank, Bush, Boehner but also it is republicans and democrats that oppose it.

The real truth is the cons has put McCain behind the 8-ball and no where to hide or run to. Again, here comes the cons. The truth, McCain has faced a no-win situation for days. To support the bailout or a similar plan would put him at odds with millions of voters and many House Republicans at a time his campaign is sliding in the polls. Also, McCain has struggled to distance himself from the unpopular Bush, and embracing the administration's plan would clearly not help.

Remember what republicans and dude says they don't stand for, that is not being receptive to government regulation of powerful institutions. Remember what dude says, less taxes and less gov in business. Not tax payers paying for wall street mistakes and not paying to bail out big business thru gov. Now his hero, W is doing just that and where does this leave McCain? I mean come on, can the cons put McCain anymore in a frying pan than they are doing? Not the democrats but the neocons.

Now if he Opposes Bush's plan, this would open him to accusations of walking away from a national crisis. If it triggered more Wall Street catastrophes, as the administration said it would, the criticism would be even worse. So in the end McCain is going to look back at his politcal career and think, if i would have broke away from W, Chains and Rove when i was fussing and fighting with them and stayed a Maverick and cut ties with them instead of being a puppet, just like W is and joined them, how would i have done as running for president? Instead everytime i get close to the goal i desire, the cons are nipping at my heels again and again and i can't shake them or if i join them, they still cave me in. That is what the Maverick got when he decided to join the neocons when they threatned to kick him out of the party and he also can't stand for W, whom is younger and whom he thinks is probably wet behind the ears, he is having to still answer to and follow as well be a yes man to all his policy and decisions or else he again is slapped down again.

The race is close and McCain didn't need to panic and yes he has slipped a tad lately but still very strong and anyones race. McCain's raod is a little harder of the states he needs comparred to Obaba but it is very doable. He needs to keep his cool and stop throwing hail mary passes as he only has 4 or 5 more weeks to go and then he is either pres or not. He must trust himself and not the cons. Obama wasn't going to run away from a debate or a chance to tell the American people his plan as pres and the cons telling Mac to throw another hail mary would maybe make Obama pull out untill we can figure things out is McInsane. The democrats won't go for that, no can do. Mac needs to ride things out and be his own man and see who wins in the end.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #477
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

McCain Team Blasts Poll Showing Obama Leading

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20080...ngobamaleading

I agree with alot of this. The race is close and even if it is 5 to 7 points one way or the other at election day, it is still close and no one knows. I am just saying in the end as the country is split close half and half, it will be several factors. That is the unlikely's and i feel unlikely's favor Obama. One unlikely that could help McCain is Hillary women voters, if they could peal enough of them away. I just don't think they can peal enough of them with palin or in numbers that the dems have registered and the "unlikely" voters that will turn out for Obama.

As far as polls, it is fun to watch and keep up with but the polls after these debates is a better place knowing where we stand. One day Obama is up and the next McCain, back and forth. This is also why this race can't be predicted. If Mac loses FL and Oh, it would be a landslide for Obama or a big margin. If Mac wins Oh and FL, no matter what Obama does, it will be close and even if Obama wins and i feel he will, he won't run off and leave Mac. I do not believe it will be a clear cut victory for either on FL, OH, NC, maybe Co, NV, Va, In, Wv, possibly Pa.

This is why McCain doesn't need to go InSane in the Membrane with the hail mary's. Keep er close and anything can happen election night. If these "unlikely" voters do not come out, Big Mac can win and will if it's close but again i feel Big Mac can thank his biggest buddy George W Bush that alot of "unlikely's" are comming out to vote just because of a man named W.

W has been a thorn in Big Mac's side for awhile.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:15 PM   #478
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think a few liberals on here post some well thought out posts from time to time.. and then there's J.Reno.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #479
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
What is a "Wal-Mart Woman?"
You haven't seen them? They likely do not wear a bra. Their tits hang down past their waste-line. They are missing at least one of their top front teeth. They have bangs that stick up at leat 3-4 inches high. They always go to the line that offers tobacco products. Shave? Nope, at least they match up with the liberals in one area... Welfare? 50/50. They're likely to buy at least one T-Shirt from Wal-Mart that indicates that they are white trash... Or they just don't speak English at all.. at least not in a manner that normal human beings are accustomed to understanding.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #480
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
You haven't seen them? They likely do not wear a bra. Their tits hang down past their waste-line. They are missing at least one of their top front teeth. They have bangs that stick up at leat 3-4 inches high. They always go to the line that offers tobacco products. Shave? Nope, at least they match up with the liberals in one area... Welfare? 50/50. They're likely to buy at least one T-Shirt from Wal-Mart that indicates that they are white trash... Or they just don't speak English at all.. at least not in a manner that normal human beings are accustomed to understanding.
Stay classy, Republicans!