Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-11-2022, 04:00 PM   #721
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
We couldn't get an obvious win today trade for KP. I'm positive they tried. If you can't get better today by trades, you're at least setting yourself up in the near future to be better either by fit of Dinwiddie or moving him and other(s) along in a trade.

Imagine if KP missed this years POs or laid an egg again. His value plummets again and the limited suitors for him all go away. We are right back where we were and still have to pay JB.

Maybe once this sets in for a bit people will realize that we weren't getting anything better and were going to have to roll the dice on KP...which is all we have been doing since we traded for him.
Agree 100%
Old 02-11-2022, 04:53 PM   #722
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Long-term teammate Luka Doncic, who scored a new career-high of 51 points in Dallas’ win over the LA Clippers Thursday, commented on the trade, which came as a shock for the NBA world. “Obviously, we’re going to miss KP,” Doncic told reporters after the game. “We were building something great here. It didn’t obviously work out”. – via EuroHoops.net
I'm as big of a KP fan as we have on here.

I must say I don't think offensively is where the Mavs are going to miss him.

I think defensively maybe not in the regular season but in the post season when teams will really try to attack the paint is where losing KP's rim protection will show up the most.

I was hoping he would stay healthy this year because his overall movement and the way Kidd was using him was much better than what RC did with him.

Plus, I would have preferred KP as opposed to Powell as the starting center. I think the Mavs with KP, Bullock and DFS could have been really good defensively in the playoffs. With Powell I can see them having rebounding and interior defensive issues come playoff time. Maybe Kidd decides to use more zone defense when that time comes to protect Powell or maybe he gets into foul trouble so often that Chriss will be forced into playing more minutes that is my best hope.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 04:57 PM   #723
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I will say though that KP's insistence on not playing center certainly hurt his cause. Just can't justify playing him with Kleber or Powell. I really do think that was the deal breaker with how good Bullock has been playing. No f'in way you bench Reggie.

I still wouldn't have made the trade, but some of these things start to add up.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:24 PM   #724
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I will say though that KP's insistence on not playing center certainly hurt his cause. Just can't justify playing him with Kleber or Powell. I really do think that was the deal breaker with how good Bullock has been playing. No f'in way you bench Reggie.

I still wouldn't have made the trade, but some of these things start to add up.
Yeah, Reggie has started to turn a corner, and I believe his improved play is linked to THJ not being around.

I prefer him over THJ because he doesn't go fucking crazy jacking up hero ball 3's and he plays a little defense.

Moving forward I'd like to see Chriss consistently get 12-16 MPG and mostly next to Luka because he's really good lob threat. IN the playoffs we've seen both Powell and Kleber both vanish and not offer much on either end of the floor.

So, I hope Kidd works Chriss into the rotation the rest of regular season as insurance in case those two dudes both shit the bed again come playoff time.

Also, I do not ever want to see a front court with Powell and Bertans lined up at C/PF together. That type of thing would have RC written all over it and I hope Kidd never gets that idea.

With Dinwiddie I know there is no way to avoid him playing with Luka or JB but I hope it's no long stretches of games because that backcourt pairing defensively is going to be brutal especially if Powell is manning the middle (Layup Drill).

I'm hoping Sterling Brown and Josh Green can both be on the floor with Dinwiddie to help cover up his defensive short comings as much as possible.

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-11-2022 at 05:24 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:38 PM   #725
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yeah, Reggie has started to turn a corner, and I believe his improved play is linked to THJ not being around.

I prefer him over THJ because he doesn't go fucking crazy jacking up hero ball 3's and he plays a little defense.

Moving forward I'd like to see Chriss consistently get 12-16 MPG and mostly next to Luka because he's really good lob threat. IN the playoffs we've seen both Powell and Kleber both vanish and not offer much on either end of the floor.

So, I hope Kidd works Chriss into the rotation the rest of regular season as insurance in case those two dudes both shit the bed again come playoff time.

Also, I do not ever want to see a front court with Powell and Bertans lined up at C/PF together. That type of thing would have RC written all over it and I hope Kidd never gets that idea.

With Dinwiddie I know there is no way to avoid him playing with Luka or JB but I hope it's no long stretches of games because that backcourt pairing defensively is going to be brutal especially if Powell is manning the middle (Layup Drill).

I'm hoping Sterling Brown and Josh Green can both be on the floor with Dinwiddie to help cover up his defensive short comings as much as possible.
Is Sterling ever playing again? Sore foot right? That's why I'm not optimistic about THJ coming back. My boy Devin got his career killed by foot issues. They are no joke.

I'm confident Kidd can hide our defensive issues. That seems to be his forte. Who knew Brunson and Luka would shine together like they have? I know they play with two defenders, but it's still impressive.

I actually think you could play Spencer with Luka instead of Spencer with Brunson. Luka is a better defender than people give him credit for. Now all three on the court at the same time...no sir. That would be a Rick move. Don't do it Jason!

Again, I wonder if Powell and Kleber will benefit from not having to play next to KP. Kleber next to KP was god awful against the Clippers. And KP not showing up that series made it worse. Kleber is a center. Powell is a center. Chriss is a center. Play them there unless forced to otherwise.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-11-2022 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:10 PM   #726
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will say though that KP's insistence on not playing center certainly hurt his cause.
When did this happen? When Carlisle was here, KP wanted to play center. KP talked about how he felt more comfortable there. He finally won that argument, and Carlisle sent Powell to the bench.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 06:39 PM   #727
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Sterling ever playing again? Sore foot right? That's why I'm not optimistic about THJ coming back. My boy Devin got his career killed by foot issues. They are no joke.

I'm confident Kidd can hide our defensive issues. That seems to be his forte. Who knew Brunson and Luka would shine together like they have? I know they play with two defenders, but it's still impressive.

I actually think you could play Spencer with Luka instead of Spencer with Brunson. Luka is a better defender than people give him credit for. Now all three on the court at the same time...no sir. That would be a Rick move. Don't do it Jason!

Again, I wonder if Powell and Kleber will benefit from not having to play next to KP. Kleber next to KP was god awful against the Clippers. And KP not showing up that series made it worse. Kleber is a center. Powell is a center. Chriss is a center. Play them there unless forced to otherwise.
I'm thinking they will pull Brunson first before Luka and let Dinwiddie and Luka play together. In that case you give Luka a break from bringing the ball up the floor and maybe take advantage of his size on the block on some possessions. Then JB can come back in with Dinwiddie until Luka is ready. Something along those lines. But who knows. Kidd will probably manage the rotations based around offense and defensive balance as much as possible

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 07:11 PM   #728
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t know what’s going on with Sterling, he seemed like a good candidate for trade. Though he’s probably better suited for playoff ball then Josh. Speaking of, it’s hard to quibble with the results as Kidd and Luka have been great lately, pulling all the right strings. But I would still like to see Josh get some minutes than he has been lately. I understand wanting to get Trey time but he just isn’t in our future plans. And we aren’t championship contenders to be honest. Josh Green is basically our only young piece to develop. Need to maximize him either for trade or get him ready for the future.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:58 PM   #729
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Second round pick is 30-45 protected. If it falls in that range, Wizards get nothing

Mavs are currently slotted to get the 51st pick in the second round
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:13 PM   #730
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will say though that KP's insistence on not playing center certainly hurt his cause.
I’m just going to assume this didn’t happen.

Last edited by FreshJive; 02-13-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:16 PM   #731
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dinwiddie is poor man’s Derozan. I’m excited to see what he brings

And Bertans is kinda the player Rick wanted. He’s got those Peja vibes
Old 02-16-2022, 11:39 AM   #732
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/...KJt7O5gX9x2JEQ

Goran to Mavs confirmed

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-16-2022 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:56 AM   #733
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
i'd be all for it but who would we boot to make room?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:36 PM   #734
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Ehhh I have my doubts, given it was a home game for the Heat and they are one of the best suitors for him. He could just be saying what's up to peeps he knows and being friendly.

He would make our overall team better for sure. Gonna come down to the role he wants as he can find an expanded one outside of Dallas. He would definitely be commanding the 2nd unit with Dinwiddie should he come here.

The odd man out would likely be Burke, if not Brown should they think Dinwiddie would eat up the 2 spot minutes.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:45 PM   #735
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How does his NFT portfolio look?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:17 PM   #736
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Ehhh I have my doubts, given it was a home game for the Heat and they are one of the best suitors for him. He could just be saying what's up to peeps he knows and being friendly.

He would make our overall team better for sure. Gonna come down to the role he wants as he can find an expanded one outside of Dallas. He would definitely be commanding the 2nd unit with Dinwiddie should he come here.

The odd man out would likely be Burke, if not Brown should they think Dinwiddie would eat up the 2 spot minutes.
Even when he was with Toronto, he was going to Heat games already, and working out in Miami. Now if the game was in Dallas, then we'd have something.
Old 02-16-2022, 03:15 PM   #737
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/202...est-wild-card/

I'm growing a likening for Iztok. Good article touching on a lot of what we already know.

One thing stood out to me was towards the end talking about small ball. Really makes me think Kidd kind of prefers it a little and that the roster is indeed set in their eyes. It would take a surprise buy out or otherwise to make them change it up.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:27 PM   #738
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

I'm growing a likening for Iztok. Good article touching on a lot of what we already know.

One thing stood out to me was towards the end talking about small ball. Really makes me think Kidd kind of prefers it a little and that the roster is indeed set in their eyes. It would take a surprise buy out or otherwise to make them change it up.
I don't really agree that Spencer needs to make open threes that Luka gives him to make an impact. I mean, obviously you want players to make open shots, but we already have a team stock full of catch and shoot three point players especially now that Bertans has joined the team.

We need a playmaking ball handler, and Dinwiddie can do that. As long as the rest of the team is hitting threes, then the need for him to make them as well is greatly diminished.

But the huge difference between now and before the KP trade is now the Mavs don't have to basically close shop if Luka gets hurt. Now you have a guy that can move into Luka's role as a starter with Brunson in case (knock on wood) something like that happens.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-16-2022 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #739
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be great if Dinwiddie hit catch and shoot 3s at a high clip, but we don't rely on that to consider him successful here. I agree with DHWS. The playmaking and ball handling is going to help a lot.

That said, idk if he will be here long term. I've resigned to thr idea that if he plays himself into a great role and helps the team make a step forward, then great. If not it's a movable contract. I'm sure plenty of teams could use a 6'5" playmaker/distributor.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-16-2022 at 04:43 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:07 PM   #740
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Iztok is great. I’m all for small ball. Just worry about Maxi who always seems to have some nagging injuries playing so many minutes as the de facto center. Ideally he’d play 20-25 mins per night. He played 35 last night.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:11 PM   #741
mac222b
Diamond Member

Dinwiddie was never very explosive anyway and always got his through size and guile and a decent first step. But man did he look like he lacked lift last night. Hope that he can regain some pop as the year goes on and into next season. I was impressed with his ball movement. He made a couple of “extra” passes that resulted in made baskets.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:27 AM   #742
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Remember the beginning of the season when the Mavs had nothing but centers?

KP
WCS
Moses
Powell
Boban
Maxi

Man, it’s hard to even remember training camp
Old 02-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #743
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Dragic to the Nets
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:26 AM   #744
saclare
Platinum Member

Good depth and get for the Nets. Replaces some of the scoring Harden left behind. Also a must given Kyrie's situation for home games is still in place.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #745
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...tpas-Porzingis

So Mavs were trying to get Gary Trent in the supposed Dragic deal with Toronto for KP. Makes more sense. Dragic would have saved us money, but I definitely prefer Dinwiddie over Trent.

Oh and Tim saying the last time a 1 star team won a ring was us back in 2011, um, hello, Milwaukee last year. Holiday and Middleton are not stars. Very good players...not stars.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-04-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #746
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So Mavs were trying to get Gary Trent in the supposed Dragic deal with Toronto for KP. Makes more sense. Dragic would have saved us money, but I definitely prefer Dinwiddie over Trent.

Oh and Tim saying the last time a 1 star team won a ring was us back in 2011, um, hello, Milwaukee last year. Holiday and Middleton are not stars. Very good players...not stars.
Middleton avg 20/6. Not a superstar but thats a star. And third year as an all star. Giannis is king but Middleton closed out at least 1 of those finals games by himself.

Last edited by Melonhead; 03-04-2022 at 01:09 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:23 PM   #747
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Middleton avg 20/6. Not a superstar but thats a star. And third year as an all star. Giannis is king but Middleton closed out at least 1 of those finals games by himself.
Middleton All Star - 3× NBA All-Star (2019, 2020, 2022)
Holiday All Star 2013, 2× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2018, 2021)

interestingly, Jason Terry never made an all star team. his only major accolades were NBA Sixth Man of the Year (2009) and NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2000)

Kidd was last an all star by merit in 2008 (was 2010 all star injury replacement)
Marion last an all star in 2007
Old 03-04-2022, 01:26 PM   #748
DannyFortsonBakedPotato
Banned

DannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Lol, what? Middleton was literally an all-star that year. Both he and Holiday are better than Terry. That aside, Dirk is the only player since 2011 to win a ring with zero teammates who made the all-star game...
DannyFortsonBakedPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:28 PM   #749
DannyFortsonBakedPotato
Banned

DannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
20/6/5 on on 48/41/90 splits. Absolutely an all-star (both by definition and stats).
DannyFortsonBakedPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:44 PM   #750
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyFortsonBakedPotato View Post
Lol, what? Middleton was literally an all-star that year. Both he and Holiday are better than Terry. That aside, Dirk is the only player since 2011 to win a ring with zero teammates who made the all-star game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Community standards of conduct View Post
Respectfulness – We require our members to show respect for others. Respecting their person, their time and their opinions – even if you disagree with them. Respect also includes respecting the right of Dallas-Mavs.com administrators and moderators to make judgments and enforce these Community Standards.
Please refrain from insulting and sarcastic responses to other posters and targeted attacks on the posters themselves.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-04-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2022, 11:28 AM   #751
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Please refrain from insulting and sarcastic responses to other posters and targeted attacks on the posters themselves.
Was something else said that was edited out?
Old 03-06-2022, 08:14 PM   #752
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Was something else said that was edited out?
Was wondering the same.

Anyways, Middleton 44 points today and back to back clutch shots for the dagger vs the Suns.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:49 AM   #753
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an OTB trade idea for this offseason:

THJ + Bertans

for

Westbrook

Lakers get some actual players that fit around LeGM and AD. Mavs get off their salaries and take on Russ for a year. Russ might actually provide some valuable leadership for Luka.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:25 PM   #754
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post

THJ + Bertans

for

Westbrook

Lakers get some actual players that fit around LeGM and AD. Mavs get off their salaries and take on Russ for a year. Russ might actually provide some valuable leadership for Luka.
Russ would be valuable only if he were to accept his limitations and play in a certain role. That role would be defense and secondary creator/slasher.
if he still thinks he's the alpha and plans on bricking up 20 shots/game then forget it.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:51 PM   #755
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:

THJ + Bertans

for

Westbrook

It’s an interesting idea. I think there is too much overlap with Dinwiddie and Brunson, so you might have to trade one of them. I just don’t know what he’s got left, or if he can be a good teammate.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:34 AM   #756
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

JFC, there are still people in the world that haven't given up on Westbrook? NO THANK YOU.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:43 AM   #757
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
JFC, there are still people in the world that haven't given up on Westbrook? NO THANK YOU.
Thj and bertans
Old 03-12-2022, 08:28 AM   #758
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think the point of the trade is to bring in Westbrook, it’s to dump THJ and Bertans.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:32 AM   #759
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don’t think the point of the trade is to bring in Westbrook, it’s to dump THJ and Bertans.
Maybe a 3 team trade

Lakers get Bertans & THJ
OKC gets Westbrook back
We get air and trade a future 1st
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 01:58 PM   #760
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Maybe a 3 team trade

Lakers get Bertans & THJ
OKC gets Westbrook back
We get air and trade a future 1st
Much better. Westbrook offers a negative net value. Plus he hates Cuban