Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #41
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I am not sure how good a coach he is but to me he seems good this year. 12 game winning streak and a record of 36-20.

It would be a dream come true to coach an 8 feet guy with so much talent and another guy almost 7 feet that can play guard or forward. Both so talented. I know both have had injury problems and i know now they have a good bench. What gets me, why coaches in the past couldn't make Houston play to there strengths and dominate teams. Now could have Adelman kept up what was going on in Houston and them winning? I am not sure but yes i am impressed with what he has done the last month or so. They need to grab an emergency center fast and any other year they should have made the playoffs, without Ming but this year it is just to many good teams in the west and Ming is a major blow.

Now teams will make Houston a bombing team again and this is where they are not to good. Just standing still bombing away. I won't argue that Adelman has done a heck of a job, so far i agree he has.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #42
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

It completely sucks to hear this, but the Rockets season still isn't over. We will miss Yao though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #43
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
He "won" in Sac with a ridiculous roster, never getting to the Finals. He helped choke away the Blazers few chance in the early 90's. I lived up there back then--I remember the sentiment. Nobody liked him as a coach.

He's mediocre.
Adelman is a good coach. He took the Blazers to the Finals twice and to the WCF once. Then he took the Kings to farther than ever before. I guess a team has a "rediculous roster" when the coach is mediocre? Come on. He is a good coach and as soon as the players in Houston pick up his system they will be a very good team. But you can always say that Houston has a "rediculous roster" after the fact.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #44
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

What a blow to the Rockets.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #45
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Scola at 6'9" will have to play his heart out at center. This is a major task at 6'9". That is like making Bass our center. Mutombo is 7'2" and maybe 50 years old. I haven't seen him play in a year or two. I doubt he can do much anymore but i might be wrong. He was never to good on offense but great on defense in his prime but he is old.

Magloire is also a defensive center. He can score a little but he plays solid defense. Houston does not have many choices for a center but imo they need one very bad and very fast. I am not saying Scola, Kurt Thomas and Bass are bad but at 6'9" they are small at center in the nba. Ming's size can't be matched by 6'9" guys.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #46
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Adelman should go small ball the rest of the season and see where that leads the team. He's very good at run and gun so might as well.

Last edited by TripleDipping; 02-26-2008 at 04:44 PM.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #47
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about this. Here's to hoping Yao can come back at full strength next year.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #48
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

that blows for the Rockets....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #49
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Yao. But I don't care for the rest of the team. What sucks is the rockettes fans will all be like "oh, the only reason you won is because Yao wasn't in" or "we didn't make the playoffs because Yao is out" blah blah. At one point, you just have to accept that certain players have certain flaws. Yao's injury proneness is one. Just live with it. Much like we have to deal with Terry's shooting streakiness, or J.Ho's ball stopping, or Juwan's overall suckiness.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #50
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

I was thinking about this on the way home from work today (it's an hours drive, so I had plenty of time). I've tried to imagine what I would be feeling if Duncan was out for the season, as well as the post-season, this year. I remember back in 2000 when Duncan was out, and I was devastated. Hell, I remember when the Admiral was out (the year we tanked, of course).

Man, I feel terrible for Rocket's fans. What a blow. Best of luck to Yao. I've always liked him.
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #51
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Tell you what. We'll trade Malik Allen and Devean George (if he accepts) for the injured Yao. At least you can be sure one of those guys will be healthy at any given time.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #52
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

SpursFan, i agree that any of the big men out for any of these playoff teams would kill them. Teams have to double Duncan all game and series long but i do see a positive with your Spurs. Pops use to have to control Ginobili and tone down his talent some. The same as Avery felt he had to do with Harris because off turn overs and maybe getting out of control. When Parker was hurt and even as he has came back, Ginobili has been going off like a bottle rocket.

He had a bad game last night but Pops and the team is making him very dangerous to all teams in the nba and unleashing his talent big time. Duncan you must have to get those paint points and inside scorring and Duncan is great but now your team can win without Duncan having a great game. It is alot easier but Gino has gotten really good.

I hoped Josh Howard had matured and i do think he is such a good to great talent but what Pops did to Gino, Avery is going to have to do with Howard. He is like LaFrentz when Nelson wanted him to be our inside man, paint points, rebounds and tough man inside. He went to thr 3 point line every single time down and bombed away wanting to be Dirk, Finley and Nash and he killed us alot. Howard is not this bad because he does alot of other things but he is killing his game and hurting us by wanting to be Dirk. Bombs away and no more drives.

I hope Howard matures fastly like Gino and gives us more going to the basket. With Ming out, this means give McGrady the ball and go one on one and see if he can score 40 or 50 a night and this leads to tired at playoffs and maybe injury. That is another reason it hurts Houston with Mings injury.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #53
Mavfreak

Mavfreak will become famous soon enoughMavfreak will become famous soon enough

That's a real bummer about Yao. I liked what they were doing and the big guy was having a great season. Maybe there's a limit to how large a player can get before stress injuries take a toll. I was hoping the team could stay at full strength for the playoffs. The Rockets, without Yao, are no match for the top teams in the west. That's a shame they've lost their center.
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #54
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

i still think this team minus yao could probably get into the playoffs because they have more talent now than 06 when tim thomas broke his leg..if tmac cant carry them this might be his last time around
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #55
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

At first I thought this was a thread from last season... Or the season before last... Or the season before that one...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #56
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Yao must be chinese for injured a lot. Sucks for the Rockets. I'm sorry to see him go down.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #57
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Adelman is a good coach. He took the Blazers to the Finals twice and to the WCF once. Then he took the Kings to farther than ever before. I guess a team has a "rediculous roster" when the coach is mediocre? Come on. He is a good coach and as soon as the players in Houston pick up his system they will be a very good team. But you can always say that Houston has a "rediculous roster" after the fact.
I won't have to say that, because Houston is not going to do anything spectacular with him. delman is a poor man's D'Antoni. And that's not saying much.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #58
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
I won't have to say that, because Houston is not going to do anything spectacular with him. delman is a poor man's D'Antoni. And that's not saying much.
Adelman needs to work on his smirking & "bitch face" if he ever wants to be in D'Antoni's league!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #59
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

UNCALLED FOR!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #60
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
UNCALLED FOR!

Yep - that's exactly the "bitch face" I was referring to...

Old 02-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #61
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

OH MY GOD, BAD NEWS FOR THE ROCKETS~~~
T-MAC U NEED2 HELP THE TEAM NOW~~~

Last edited by horse900703; 02-26-2008 at 08:12 PM.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #62
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fans around the league
I told you so.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #63
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
At first I thought this was a thread from last season... Or the season before last... Or the season before that one...
You're cold.
But accurate.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #64
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Adelman is a good coach.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #65
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Well doesn't this suck for us. Hopefully we can finish 16-10 and still make the postseason because there is no way we can lose enough to catch those scrub Eastern teams. It all depends on Mutombo and T-Mac. They carried us during the Yao injury last year and the supporting cast is better this season. However, the West is tougher this year.

Sucks...........
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #66
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

And this is one of many reasons why I never take Houston seriously.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #67
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
And this is one of many reasons why I never take Houston seriously.
It's really sad. I think Yao and T-Mac both are about as injury prone as Webber was. I doubt either of them will ever have a full season without missing some time, let alone both of them. At this point Houston has to wonder what they could get for McGrady.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #68
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

this sucks
Old 02-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #69
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
"WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME??!!"
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #70
drypenn

drypenn has a spectacular aura aboutdrypenn has a spectacular aura about

I hope the big guy gets well sooner than expected. Tough luck for the Rockets. But I sympathize with them, really.
drypenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:18 AM   #71
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Is this the same foot he broke before?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #72
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Sad News,Yao come back soon~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #73
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Adelman is a good coach.
Aren't you one of the ones who doesn't think Avery is that great of a coach? Adelman is just like Avery, except in 20 ish years of coaching he has 2 Finals appearances instead of Avery's 1 in 4 years.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #74
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
It's really sad. I think Yao and T-Mac both are about as injury prone as Webber was. I doubt either of them will ever have a full season without missing some time, let alone both of them. At this point Houston has to wonder what they could get for McGrady.

yeah man, cash those chips in now...time to rebuiild
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote