Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trade rumors and deals

Quote:
GMs: Miami Shopping Marion
February 21, 2008 - 11:23 am
Philadelphia Daily News -
In regards to the reported Cleveland blockbuster trade, David Aldridge writes that the Grizzlies and Heat are said to be involved.

Aldridge was told by six GMs during All-Star weekend that the Heat were actively shopping Shawn Marion.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...opping_marion/

Quote:
This guy is usually reliable, so I am bending my rule about forwarding trade speculation from others. As to the substance of it, this is the only thing I hear: Miami and Memphis may be the other players involved. That makes sense because of the following sentence fragment: I was told by no less than six general managers during All-Star weekend that the Heat was shopping Shawn Marion around.

Yup. Marion.

My guess is that they know it will be very difficult to re-sign Marion if he doesn't opt out of his contract after this season and plays out the 2008-09 season. He has one of the toughest agents in the business, Dan Fegan, and Fegan has one goal and one goal only--to get his guys the absolute max. He usually succeeds. If Riles or Micky Arison blanches at that price tag, it would make sense for them to ask around and see what they can get for the Matrix.

If--if--it's Marion, that would certainly give LeBron James some serious help.

My guess is that Miami would wind up with Mike Miller, and Memphis would get that Jason Williams-Ricky Davis slew of expiring contracts. But what would Cleveland donate to the party? That's what's stumping me. Can't imagine Riles would be excited about Larry Hughes, for example. Drew Gooden is on a much shorter contract, though. Ilgauskas? Well, Riles does believe in power basketball, and Z is still 7-2, last time we checked.

Stay tuned. I'm on the bird for a couple of hours, but I'll get back to you before 3 p.m.

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-21-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Howard for Shawn Marion in a heartbeat...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see any team maxing Marion. A contender won't have the cap room, and a rebuilding team won't anchor on a 30-something small forward.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

But his shooting form is so ugly!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I thought there were rules against trading a player you just acquired from trade after 24 or 48 hours.....

Did that change?
Old 02-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

that is crazy...i thought they wanted to rebuild with wade and marion...guess not.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I thought there were rules against trading a player you just acquired from trade after 24 or 48 hours.....

Did that change?

Those rules only apply to teams owned by Mark Cuban...

Old 02-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo

Did that change?

I thought it was that you could trade them by themselves but not packaged? I dunno, the CBA is ever so confusing.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
I thought it was that you could trade them by themselves but not packaged? I dunno, the CBA is ever so confusing.
Right!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Kidd to Marion ally oooppps

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Agent: Marion Not Being Shopped
February 21, 2008 - 2:02 pm

Philadelphia Inquirer - Dan Fegan, agent for Shawn Marion, has informed David Aldridge that his client is not being shopped and is not involved in the Cleveland rumors.

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #12
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

About the Cleveland blockbuster:
Quote:
Wallace And Duhon For Hughes?
February 21, 2008 - 2:06 pm

Ric Bucher/ESPN - The Cavaliers are discussing a deal where Ben Wallace and Chris Duhon would go to Cleveland for Larry Hughes, according to ESPN's Ric Bucher.

Chad Ford reports that a source tells him the deal would send Wallace, Duhon and Joe Smith for Hughes and Drew Gooden.

The holdup in the deal, according to Ford, is Cleveland's instance that Hughes be included. If the Cavs drop that demand, the Bulls will reportedly agree.

Bucher also reports that if the Cavs make the Bulls trade, they would then deal Donyell Marshall and Ira Newble to Seattle for Wally Szczerbiak.

RealGM Note: The Cavaliers would need to add more salary in order to make the deal work, which could lead to the inclusion of Shannon Brown.

Link

"Talk to the claw."

Old 02-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #13
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

If the trade is supposed to be Larry Hughes for Ben Wallace and Duhon and the Bulls don't want Larry Hughes how exactly is this close to being done exactly?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Report: Gerald Green Traded To Houston

February 21, 2008 - 2:45 pm
MyFox Houston -
Gerald Green is telling FOX 26 Sports he has been traded to his hometown Houston Rockets for guard Kirk Snyder and a second-round draft pick.

"It's like a dream come true. Never in my life did I think this would happen," Green said. "I am on cloud nine."

Portland Sending T. Green To Denver For Von Wafer

February 21, 2008 - 2:47 pm
Philadelphia Inquirer -
Portland is sending Taurean Green to Denver for G Von Wafer, according to David Aldridge

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 02-21-2008 at 02:56 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Report: Gerald Green Traded To Houston

February 21, 2008 - 2:45 pm
MyFox Houston -
Gerald Green is telling FOX 26 Sports he has been traded to his hometown Houston Rockets for guard Kirk Snyder and a second-round draft pick.

"It's like a dream come true. Never in my life did I think this would happen," Green said. "I am on cloud nine."

Portland Sending T. Green To Denver For Von Wafer

February 21, 2008 - 2:47 pm
Philadelphia Inquirer -
Portland is sending Taurean Green to Denver for G Von Wafer, according to David Aldridge

Damn - this trading stuff is getting out of hand...

Old 02-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie Najera for Delonte West/Damien Wilkens

Not confirmed yet but some Nuggets fans are keeping us updated on another board.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #17
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

WOW

The Twolves management is a bunch of morons. How can they trade one of their best prospects to the Rockets for Snyder and a second round pick?

The Southwest Division is getting more and more stacked...

"Talk to the claw."

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 02-21-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #18
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Green is like their 5th-6th guard. All the guy can do is dunk.

Foye, Jaric, Mccants, Brewer, Telfair. Tell me where Green ranks in that rotation.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 02-21-2008 at 03:16 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #19
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

If Denver gets West and other for freeking Najera I'll be pretty upset.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 02-21-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #20
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty

Foye, Jaric, Mccants, Brewer, Telfair. Tell me where Green ranks in that rotation.
Yeah but he really is exactly what they needed to get. Fresh young legs to run the court while Ming is out.

Edit: I think Minny should have gotten more than that for him.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 02-21-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

ESPN News said a 10 player trade between the Bulls, Cavs, and Sonics is being finalized.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #22
Underdog

Quote:
ESPN News said a 10 player trade between the Bulls, Cavs, and Sonics is being finalized.
wtf?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #23
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty

18th first round pick with a lot of potential. He was used only rarely by the Twolves (?) and therefore had no chance to develop. And could do a lot more than only dunk. Here a little scouting report of him:
Quote:
NBA Comparison: Tracy McGrady

Everything this kid does is silky smooth, even hard drives to the lane capped with the empahatic dunk seem easy... Has supreme athleticism, and gets many points off ally oop dunks as well as on drives to the hole... Has a very quick, effortless release on his jump shot. Combine that with great elevation and you have an almost unblockable shot... Most of the shots go in, in fact his jump shot from midrange to outside is one of his defining qualities... Loves to spot up for the open three, or stop and pop for the 15 footer... Overall just a sick scorer from outside ... Even At 6'8 he handles the ball like a guard, often starting (and finishing) the fast break... Loves to run the floor for the ally oop dunk, but also knows when to pass the ball... Most of those passes get right where they need to be ... However, those fast breaks don't just start themselves, Gerald is often the one creating the turnovers... His long arms and tremendous athleticism lead to lots of blocked shots and steals. Often creating the turnover, starting the break, and finishing with a monster dunk... Also rebounds exceptionally well for a guard/forward his size... The total package, an all around player who will do whatever it takes to win. There aren't many with his gifts at his size... With time and effort this kid will be something special.

Weaknesses: Effort seems suspect at times, can often be seen walking or resting on the court... Kind of has that I'll do what I want domineer when on the court, and sometimes appears to put style over substance... Also, he'll be spectacular one game, but then he'll forget to dominate...where is he? Needs to put up the monster performances that brought him where he is on a more consistent basis... Needs to bulk up, right now gets pushed around easily. Will have to improve his leg and upperbody strength to finish his drives... He has broad shoulders and a great frame, just needs to put in the work... Still dominating high schoolers, needs to bring his game to a point where he can do it at the next level as well.

Notes: College could launch his game to a whole n'other level. Early this year, he Began making some noise in Texas, but was relatively unknown until his breakout performance at the 2004 Reebok's ABCD camp, where he averaged about 20 ppg, was named to the all-star team, and won the MVP of the all star game.

-Rob Salvador 11/6/04

Link

"Talk to the claw."

Old 02-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #24
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'm trying to get the details but it's a combination of what we've already been hearing this morning.

Something like Duhon, Wallace and Smith to Cleveland for Hughes and Gooden

Then Cleveland sends Newble, Marshall, and Brown to Seattle for Szerbiak
Old 02-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #25
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
From the chat with Ford session it seems like Cleveland will be landing Wally Szcerbiak, Ben Wallace, and Duhon.

I don't know who they'd be sending, though.

10 players...sheesh.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm trying to get the details but it's a combination of what we've already been hearing this morning.

Something like Duhon, Wallace and Smith to Cleveland for Hughes and Gooden

Then Cleveland sends Newble, Marshall, and Brown to Seattle for Szerbiak
Cleveland is brave if they want to try to take on that Ben Wallace contract. Although I do think Wallace will play better beside a legitimate 7-footer.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #27
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Can we get Wlcox for cheap or some other big from a team thts apperently trying to get rid of every1

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #28
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Unless it's already happened it aint gunna happen.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #29
Dor

Dor is on a distinguished road

Wally Szcerbiak, Ben Wallace, and Delonte West.
Dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Update:

Cavs get: Ben Wallace, Wally Szerbiak, Joe Smith, Delonte West

Bulls get : Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Cedric Simmons

Sonics get : Chris Duhon, Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall
Old 02-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
WOW

The Twolves management is a bunch of morons. How can they trade one of their best prospects to the Rockets for Snyder and a second round pick?

The Southwest Division is getting more and more stacked...

Antoine Wright is better then Gerald Green so relax.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #32
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
18th first round pick with a lot of potential. He was used only rarely by the Twolves (?) and therefore had no chance to develop. And could do a lot more than only dunk. Here a little scouting report of him:
Who doesn't have potential? Mo Ager had a nice scouting report and he had potential too.

IMO, I just don't think it's that big of a trade/deal. *yawns

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #33
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Antoine Wright is better then Gerald Green so relax.
I am relaxed! As long, as it´s not the Mavs...

"Talk to the claw."

Old 02-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #34
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Who doesn't have potential? Mo Ager had a nice scouting report and he had potential too.

IMO, I just don't think it's that big of a trade/deal. *yawns
We will see...

By the way, Ager will develop in a big force at the Nets.

"Talk to the claw."

Old 02-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #35
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future
Default Cavs Acquire Big Ben, Wally World, and Delonte West

I have no link to this, just saw it as Breaking News on ESPNEWS

The trade as I believe it's assembled looks like this

Cavs Receive: B. Wallace, Wally, D. West, J. Smith

Bulls Receive: L. Hughes, D. Gooden, C. Simmons

Sonics Receive: C. Duhon, I. Newble, D. Marshall
Old 02-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #36
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Cavs Get Wallace, Smith, West And Wally

February 21, 2008 - 3:35 pm
ESPN News -

The Cavaliers have acquired Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak in a three-team trade.

The Bulls receive Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden, while Seattle gets Chris Duhon, Ira Newble and Cedric Simmons.

The deal is currently under league review.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Already being discussed in the trade thread.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #38
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
We will see...

By the way, Ager will develop in a big force at the Nets.
I hope he + Devin = 1, 2 punch to get a ring.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #39
MavsFanFinley
Guru

WTF?

Dixon Traded, Destination Unknown

February 21, 2008 - 3:43 pm
Toronto Star -

Juan Dixon has been traded by the Toronto Raptors , but he still doesn't know where his final destination will be.

It will be a one-for-one deal with some cash likely involved
Old 02-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #40
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Good deal for the Cavs. I was hoping we could nab West.