Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #281
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Of course he is still a bit rusty but i liked his attitude in the 4th.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #282
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
He was our best player today, yet our stubborn coach benches him all through crunch time. His defense/rebounding would of helped NO not get so close.
Terry should have been benched. He was playing awful.

A win is a win, but this game kinda disappointed me in a way.
Well, you have to consider that Marion is still playing with injuries. When he went out of bounds on one of the plays in the 3rd and Terry was helping him off the floor, it seemed to me that he was not right, you could see something in his face. I'm sure there was a reason that he was out in the 4th - Carlisle is not a clueless coach and I'm sure he was aware of Marions early contributions, he was sitting for a reason... his ankle.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #283
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Howard was playing very good, he may could pull Terry out of there as he wasn´t that good... No Big5 today as Damp was too important by protecting the rim!
With the way JET has been playing, particularly tonight, the big 5 could very well be JKidd, Howard, Marion, Dirk and Damp. I like JET but he is very streaky. If he isn't shooting well, there is very little reason for him to stay on the floor since his defense isn't exactly very good.

Damp needs to stay on the floor. He has been fantastic and his presence on the floor has been a humongous plus this season.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #284
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I know a lot of people are getting on Terry fore some bad games and he deserves it. I think though that its important to point out why Terry is out there even when having a bad game.

1. He can still hiT the big shot

2. Teams respect Terry and after Dirk they all make their plans around stopping Terry. But since he can hit the big shots the teams cant be sure that they stopped him. Which means that if Terry is out there he is still in the mind of 1-3 defenders and other people get easier shots that they can make like Howard/Marion/ Damp.

But Jet will be fine...a win is a win is a win....GO MAVS

Last edited by AO41; 12-14-2009 at 11:42 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #285
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

26-6

i just felt like i had to state that number. and after browsing a lil bit, i see it has been discussed here already. but that is our record since start of last season in games decided by 5 points or fewer. AMAZING. that is so so key, and it's something that haunted us in past years to no end. i am SO damn proud that i came home to see a balanced attack from our boys tonight, and JJ led us in scoring, proving that it can be really ANYONE on our team that can get the job done.

but as usual, after i saw the highlights, Mr Dirk hit a couple huge buckets down the stretch including that BEAUTIFUL cut to the hoop and the layup near the end. man, its jus fun watchin these guys play. and to be honest, until i read the recap, i had no idea that we have jus matched our start from that memorable (and at the same time, forgettable) 67-win season. and IMO, we are MUCH better equipped for the playoffs this time around.

i kno, i kno, its way too early to start talkin about the postseason, but damn it i love this team. and the fact that every night i can look at the standings and see us in the top 3 in the west, and not jus BARELY trying to squeeze in the 7th or 8th spot, its a damn good feeling. anyway, here's some really feel good +rep for ya'll. i'm lovin this...

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:44 AM   #286
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The stat is marred by the fact that we have yet to blow out that many teams and allowed a lot of teams to come back to within the statistical category. It's nice we can be clutch and hit those shots to finish games, but allowing leads to slip and taking the foot off the throttle for large periods of time makes me a little weary of lauding that stat as something amazing.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #287
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
loss

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-15-2009 at 12:11 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gdt 09/10