Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 05-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
no, they just "ripped [this] kid away at gun point from his family's arms in order to" put him in jail, with no access to his family.

unreal. we all should understand how this act is being abused....due process has been denied, and any one of us could find ourselves in the same situation as this poor kid (and his family) is today.
We could also find ourselves in same situation and victims as those who have been killed by terrorist.

Something tells me there is another side to this story.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
We could also find ourselves in same situation and victims as those who have been killed by terrorist.

Something tells me there is another side to this story.
...and we could be hit by a truck going out of work tonight. ot hit by a crashing airplane as we sleep in our home tonight.

none of these unlikely scenarios, inc yours, justifies the withdrawl of citizen's rights allowed in the patriot act.

you know, if the kid wasn't denied due process we would know all the "sides to the story". the government would be required to go to a court and reveal the case against him, and the kid and his family would have the opportunity to address/challenge those charges.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
...and we could be hit by a truck going out of work tonight. ot hit by a crashing airplane as we sleep in our home tonight.

none of these unlikely scenarios, inc yours, justifies the withdrawl of citizen's rights allowed in the patriot act.

you know, if the kid wasn't denied due process we would know all the "sides to the story". the government would be required to go to a court and reveal the case against him, and the kid and his family would have the opportunity to address/challenge those charges.

The same due process that these terrorists are affording us. Let's not forget, this kid is somehow involved or they would not go after him.

Obviously I had more faith in the previous administration to track down terrorist, but I have to believe that the current administration is using this to defend this nation and that there is a legit threat.

We simply have a fundamental difference in terms of believing and trusting those who serve this nation.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The same due process that these terrorists are affording us.
We didn't elect "the terrorists" so there's a slight error in the parallel you're trying to make...

[someone quote me so this genius can read what I typed!]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-07-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: ok, done...
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
We didn't elect "the terrorists" so there's a slight error in the parallel you're trying to make...

As if....

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
As if....

Glad to know that some genius still cares about what I think. So much so that he gets some naive moderator to do his bidding...what a tool

You'ld think that if one was being ignored they'ld get the hint...

let me be clear...

Underdog, I couldn't care less for what you have to post, you are of zero value on this board. If you don't like my P.O.V., then put me on ignore!!!

Getting someone else to 'Quote' your post so that it can't be ignored is just a bit childish.

My point with putting you on ignore is to keep from having these threads stoop down to childish crap.

Not that it matters, but let this be notice that, you are not only ignored directly, but any 'quotes' will simply be bypassed moving forward.

You, my friend are lower than that of one former member 'Silk Smoov'

Best wishes to you, I simply want nothing to do with you. You made the choice...now you will no longer get my attention.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Glad to know that some genius still cares about what I think. So much so that he gets some naive moderator to do his bidding...what a tool

You'ld think that if one was being ignored they'ld get the hint...

let me be clear...

Underdog, I couldn't care less for what you have to post, you are of zero value on this board. If you don't like my P.O.V., then put me on ignore!!!

Getting someone else to 'Quote' your post so that it can't be ignored is just a bit childish.

My point with putting you on ignore is to keep from having these threads stoop down to childish crap.

Not that it matters, but let this be notice that, you are not only ignored directly, but any 'quotes' will simply be bypassed moving forward.

You, my friend are lower than that of one former member 'Silk Smoov'

Best wishes to you, I simply want nothing to do with you. You made the choice...now you will no longer get my attention.
I thought you were like 50? You act like you are 12.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

I thought it was a valid point.

I think any "ends justify the means" argument is a very poor justification for taking actions which are illegal and/or immoral.

The means need to stand on their own, IMO.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-07-2009 at 10:01 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
The same due process that these terrorists are affording us. Let's not forget, this kid is somehow involved or they would not go after him.
Odd that you would attempt to draw a parallel with the terrorists...don't know about you but. to me the preservation of our ideals and adherence to our principles is what's important, not comparing ourselves with what our enemies do.

The issue is by utilizing the patriot act the facts are kept hidden. you also seem to have lost the concept of innocent until proven guilty...in fact, you've presumed guilty. tsk tsk.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluff the tragic dragon, fluff you!!!, fluffadocious, fluffalicious, fluffgasm, fluffy banter, fluffy daddy n da hizouse, mother fluffer, please kill fluffy, read the fluffington post, thank god it's fluffday