Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: the best route to the 2nd round for the mavs?
lakers 8 5.59%
hornets 76 53.15%
spurs 59 41.26%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #81
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I wouldn't worry about Bynum, he is still yet to be cleared and could even disrupt the chemistry and/or won't be in game shape in the 1st round.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #82
Freshlyill24

Freshlyill24 is infamous around these partsFreshlyill24 is infamous around these parts

Heres what u guys should do..

Beat hornets in ur finaL game.
And theN you'll have NOH first rd.
therefore avoiding lakers.

cuz LA's gonna take care of buisness
so BOTTOM LINE:
dont rest starters in the LAST GAME!
Freshlyill24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #83
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshlyill24
Heres what u guys should do..

Beat hornets in ur finaL game.
And theN you'll have NOH first rd.
therefore avoiding lakers.

cuz LA's gonna take care of buisness
so BOTTOM LINE:
dont rest starters in the LAST GAME!
Avery always does the opposite of what you want him to do so I expect Avery to rest them just like they rested against the Warriors last year.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-12-2008 at 06:52 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
Avery always does the opposite of what you want him to do so I expect Avery to rest them just like they rested against the Warriors last year.
but you expect him to, so unless Avery has a flux capacitor he is now set to not rest his starters and try to compete in our last game
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #85
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
I wish we could drop to 8th seed. At 7th seed we have probably the toughest path to the WC Finals of any team. Just look....

7th seed will most likely face either Spurs or Lakers in the First Round. No easy task by any means. And If we win that series, WE HAVE TO MOST LIKELY FACE THE OTHER TEAM IN THE SECOND ROUND! Unless the Suns are able to beat the 3 seed. Then we'd probably have to face the Hornets/Jazz/Rockets, whoever survives of those 3 in the WCF. I feel the WCF matchup is winable, if we can only get there.

But if you're 8th seed, your path is the Hornets 1st round, then Jazz or Rockets in the 2nd round. I would take that any day of the week over the 7th seed path.

So as it stands now one of these 4 teams Hornets, Rockets, Jazz, Nuggets are guarenteed to be in the WCF. And we have to be the one team left standing out of Spurs, Lakers and Suns to get there. So unfair. We have a 2 game lead over Denver with 3 games to go, we need to lose the rest of our games and hope they win the rest of theirs!
This post is wrong in almost every way imaginable.

The Lakers are half a game out of #1. In fact, we could be the team to bump New Orleans down to #2, thereby setting a matchup between us while sending a message that we are very capable of beating them.

Second, do NOT tank going into the playoffs. This team has been building some serious momentum lately, and suddenly freezing it intentionally could be the worst possible thing to do at this juncture.

Lastly, the Spurs are really struggling right now. And to be honest, I would rather avoid the Jazz. We beat them the other day, sure, but they have home court on us, where they are close to unbeatable. Plus, I don't think we match up with them well, unless Dampier proves me wrong and manages to slow Boozer down for an entire series.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #86
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan

The Lakers are half a game out of #1. In fact, we could be the team to bump New Orleans down to #2, thereby setting a matchup between us while sending a message that we are very capable of beating them.

Second, do NOT tank going into the playoffs. This team has been building some serious momentum lately, and suddenly freezing it intentionally could be the worst possible thing to do at this juncture.

Lastly, the Spurs are really struggling right now. And to be honest, I would rather avoid the Jazz. We beat them the other day, sure, but they have home court on us, where they are close to unbeatable. Plus, I don't think we match up with them well, unless Dampier proves me wrong and manages to slow Boozer down for an entire series.

couldnt agree more.

play it out and play it hard.

the last few games have almost been playoff like for the mavs and i like the way they stepped up to it.

win out and get a taste for it.

mean defense and dirk the gunslinger.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #87
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I see the last game against NO as a definite playoff style game. Or at least it should be. We need to destroy NO that game and go into the playoffs.. facing them first round.. with some major momentum and confidence that we can beat NO first round. After first round I believe our confidence and momentum would bring us to the finals alone. With those two things we are the best team.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #88
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Either Spurs or Hornets.

The Mavs need to stay far far away from the Lakers.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:09 AM   #89
Freshlyill24

Freshlyill24 is infamous around these partsFreshlyill24 is infamous around these parts

Yes Stay as far away.

I Would rather face denver then a mavs team.

Yes we have Kobe. But Id rather breeze through the first rd then go through 6 or 7 games.

CONTACT AVERY. LoL..
Old 04-13-2008, 01:13 AM   #90
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Well it would be great to take out the Lakers. The Lakers will probably get stronger by the round and I don't want them to win another championship. That would suck.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-13-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #91
Freshlyill24

Lakers Or Hornets

All u got to do is stop Paul
Dirk will own west. trust that..
Old 04-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #92
RePLAY

RePLAY can only hope to improve

looks like Lakers are #1...We better beat NO to make sure we keep them at #2
RePLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #93
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes Stay as far away.

I Would rather face denver then a mavs team.

Yes we have Kobe. But Id rather breeze through the first rd then lose to the Mavs in 6 or 7 games.
fixed

(well, aside from your atrocious grammar & spelling...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-13-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #94
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Get another ko'ach.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #95
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm going to post all in bold and italics now too
Old 04-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #96
Freshlyill24

Atrocious Grammar and Spelling?
Where . Ok i try to come here and just speak scenarios
And I Guess "Rd."
Is Not Abbreviation Anymore .
Old 04-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #97
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Best route to the 2nd round....health.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #98
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I Guess "Rd."
Wow, your ideas must be especially important.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #99
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I Guess "Rd."
I'm glad you're here. It's so hard to find "fresh ill" these days.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #100
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:

I admit I didn't look at the standings before posting, not realizing that the Lakers were in position to take over the #1 seed. But as it was when I said it, if we had to beat the Lakers and Spurs where they both had HCA to get to the WCF there was no chance in hell we'd succeed.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-13-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #101
woods

woods is on a distinguished road

Mavs could still end up facing Houston...if LA beats SA today, Houston wins its last three games, and Dallas beats NO on Wednesday, Houston would be the 2nd seed.

That would be the easiest way to the second round...
woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #102
Freshlyill24

Nvm Lakers will probably be #1.

Dont beat the hornets so u can play them
Old 04-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #103
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

How long is manu out? Kings and the Jazz left. The spurts could easily lose both of them, the kings are b2b and the jazz are just healthier.

Looks like the spurts will fall to 6th to me. Houston has a great chance to catch the hornets it appears as well. Hornets will have to beat the mavs to keep 2nd.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #104
Mavs817

Mavs817 is on a distinguished road

HOUSTON!!
Mavs817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #105
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs817
HOUSTON!!
I agree, the rockettes do suck a big donkey dong.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #106
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Best way to second round is to beat team in first
Old 04-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #107
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Best way to second round is to beat team in first
Damn....Erica is a frickin' genious!!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #108
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

First this~~ now this!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #109
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I Am G0ing 2 Type Like Thi5 Fr0m N0w 0n.. Maybe I Will Get A Bunch Of Green B0xe5 Just Like H0r5e Ha5!1!!1
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #110
Freshlyill24

Why Do You Guys Hate Me?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #111
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Anyone know who has the tiebreaker between the rockets and the hornets? I know they're season series was tied though. I would love to play the rockets in the first round since we could easily win in 5 or 6 games . They have no one that can guard Dirk.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #112
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Rockets are getting blown out by the Nuggets currently. They aren't going to be a 2 seed and we aren't going to face them in the 1st round.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-13-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #113
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Rockets are getting blown out by the Nuggets currently. They aren't going to be a 2 seed and we aren't going to face them in the 1st round.
Well if they win they're last two and the hornets lose against us, they'll both have the same record. Not sure who has the tie-breaker though.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #114
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Hornets have a better division record than the Rockets.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #115
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Why Do You Guys Hate Me?

honestly, i dont pay enough attention to you to hate you, sorry.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #116
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Why Do You Guys Hate Me?
Why Do You Insist On This Formatting?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #117
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, leave him alone

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-13-2008 at 11:15 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #118
Freshlyill24

Beat NOH. And Avoid L.A. In the 1 Vs. 8 Matchup
Old 04-13-2008, 11:48 PM   #119
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Hey, leave him alone
IS THE HIM A HIM OR A HER~~~
Old 04-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #120
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
IS THE HIM A HIM OR A HER~~~
Good question

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-14-2008 at 12:33 AM.