Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-05-2005, 01:25 AM   #441
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
We have done absolutely nothing to deserve a win. Nothing.

A lot of slumps lately. Dirks shooting,
Yep, that 46.9% from the field along with getting to the line 10.6 times per game and averaging 28.4 points over the last 5....Slump....

I'm willing to bet that his numbers are still pretty nice over the past 5 even if you throw in tonights game.

Just thought I'd help you out Dude.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 AM   #442
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

I'm getting ready to place this loss squarely on the sleepy shoulders of Marquis Daniels. If he hadn't played such a selfish brand of basketball tonight, we may have had a better chance to get the offense flowing. I'm glad Nellie yanked his sorry ass after he made that idiotic attempt at making the highlight reel, and kept him on the bench for the rest of the game. (Didn't he?)

I'm also getting ready to blame Devin Harris. It's far too late in the season for him to be making idiotic mistakes that completely absolve the coaching staff of all trust in him.

I think this team has too many guys who just won't listen. What was it, just today, that I heard talk about how Howard doesn't need to be looking for a shot out there. And yet he's bricking threes.

It was at least nice to see vets like Van Horn, Bradley, and Hendu give a solid effort and play a team game out there. It's time for the veterans to take this team back over from the youngsters. When Fin and Damp are back, things will quickly change.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 AM   #443
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
We have done absolutely nothing to deserve a win. Nothing.

A lot of slumps lately. Dirks shooting, josh's play, devin can't get on the court, shawn not picking up the slack, finley. Team isn't doing it with defense either. Let the lakers shoot 53%.

Looked very much like phoenix where we couldn't get a stop at the end. Lost a lead like that as well.

For the record I am not a marquis daniel's fan.
Slumps didn't start until the Mavs decided to trade for Keith Van horn. As if we didn't already have injured players we needed to work back into the rotation. Nellie just added to the mess.

I just can't get off of how you are playing you best ball of the season and you make a fucking trade. His best trade of his career. Nellie is so full of shit it's ridiculous.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:27 AM   #444
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Murph, I'm a bit too grown up to be childishly bated...go ahead quote this post and have some sort of trite reply. I will not play the game you seem determined to play tonight.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:28 AM   #445
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Wonder if Fin would have made a difference...
Naw he wouldn't have. He would've had his normal 4-13 night and we would've blamed him for this loss. Instead we are blaiming Nellie. I'm blaiming Nellie for the dumbass trade he decided to pull last week. He best trade of his career.

1996-2005
Old 03-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #446
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me, I'm not playing games.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:30 AM   #447
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The ball movement tonight was atrocious..and yep I think it had ALOT to do with Daniels' play.

But of course, Daniels' lack of good decision making is DIRECTLY related to the KVH trade...we all know that.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:30 AM   #448
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
Quote:
Wonder if Fin would have made a difference...
lol...
Wow. We recieved a rakesh.s sighting. I was for sure you wouldn't show up tonight since Fin didn't play. Sucks you didn't get a chance to bash Finley for the loss tonight.

1996-2005
Old 03-05-2005, 01:30 AM   #449
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

Dampier definitely helps this team, but as soon as he gets into foul trouble, we become this crappy team. Why can't Nelson play a point guard the whole game? Daniels is NOT a point guard! Another first round playoff exit, here we come!
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:32 AM   #450
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It strikes me that if it's true that a Booth for Van Horn trade wrecks this team's chemistry, then this team's chemistry was either unprecedentedly good, or it was fraudulently shallow.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:32 AM   #451
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

IF, after watching Don Nelson coach for the last 7-8 years, you still don't realize that he doesn't coach championship level basketball...ummm, the word denial comes to mind.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:32 AM   #452
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

What about Calvin Booth. He would have gotten us the win

[img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #453
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
The ball movement tonight was atrocious..and yep I think it had ALOT to do with Daniels' play.

But of course, Daniels' lack of good decision making is DIRECTLY related to the KVH trade...we all know that.
nice Mary [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm as big a fan of Quis this site has but there is no way he should be running the point....he is too much of a natural 2 and has not shown the ability to make the right pass at the right time...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #454
dakook041

dakook041 is on a distinguished road

Dirks slump? i find that hard to believe when he shoots 5-9 in first half and doesn't get any more shots till 4th quarter when they have to go to him. Stay with him whiles he's shooting 5-9 not only when the need a miracle in the 4th. And as much as you guys like stack he forces it to much. daniels had a hell of a game he was only one being aggressive needs to finish around the rim though.
dakook041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #455
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary

I do blame Nellie having no control of the team on offense. I do think that it was a good trade, but I'm amazed at how little control he has over this team at times on the offensive end of the ball.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #456
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm getting ready to place this loss squarely on the sleepy shoulders of Marquis Daniels. If he hadn't played such a selfish brand of basketball tonight, we may have had a better chance to get the offense flowing. I'm glad Nellie yanked his sorry ass after he made that idiotic attempt at making the highlight reel, and kept him on the bench for the rest of the game. (Didn't he?)

I'm also getting ready to blame Devin Harris. It's far too late in the season for him to be making idiotic mistakes that completely absolve the coaching staff of all trust in him.

I think this team has too many guys who just won't listen. What was it, just today, that I heard talk about how Howard doesn't need to be looking for a shot out there. And yet he's bricking threes.

It was at least nice to see vets like Van Horn, Bradley, and Hendu give a solid effort and play a team game out there. It's time for the veterans to take this team back over from the youngsters. When Fin and Damp are back, things will quickly change.

The guy had a 29 point peformance and everyone thought he was the savior. I still remember this board that night. I heard things like "Daniels is better than Finley" and "Daniels is a better option at the starting 2 guard than Finley". I like the tools he has but he's not ready to be a starter just yet. First of all he can't even pass on the break. A 23 year old man can't pass on a fastbreak. Second, he can't pass at all. He's a pretty good inside and out passer but he sure didn't display that tonight. Has no long range jumper at all. It's hard to be a shooting guard without any range. Maybe he's still a bit rusty but you don't shoot your way out of rust.

1996-2005
Old 03-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #457
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

We have to remember that Daniels & Howard are very young; it felt like they let Kobe psyche them out. ANY close game, and Kobe has a better than average chance to win it.

Remember when the MAvs had Adrian Griffin, & he limited Kobe? Or Raja Bell? Who is the stopper to disrupt Kobe on this team?
Old 03-05-2005, 01:36 AM   #458
sike
The Preacha

An unorganized team always points to a coach losing his grip...I wonder if this team still buys into Nellie's program? I don't think Dirk does.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:36 AM   #459
Murphy3
Guru

It hurts that the Mavs are all of a sudden getting mediocre PG play and poor defensive play on the outside. Couple that with the injuries and it's easy to see why the Mavs are playing like garbage. Very few players are doing the little things. Daniels and Howard don't seem to be...and the little things are exactly what this team needs out of those two.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:37 AM   #460
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Could Nellie's lack of control over the offense have anything to do with his public opinion that if you balk on an open shot, you'll get yanked? I'm pretty sure every guy on the team thinks that if he passes up a remotely open shot that nellie will bench him.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:37 AM   #461
dakook041

What is the fist play Nellie kept calling? whatever it is take it out of the playbook didn't work at all! And why doesn't terry get more minutes or shots?
Old 03-05-2005, 01:37 AM   #462
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Captain Disaster
We have to remember that Daniels & Howard are very young; it felt like they let Kobe psyche them out. ANY close game, and Kobe has a better than average chance to win it.

Remember when the MAvs had Adrian Griffin, & he limited Kobe? Or Raja Bell? Who is the stopper to disrupt Kobe on this team?
I fondly remember the two year domination that Adrian Griffin had over Kobe. Griffin limited Kobe to less than 20 points per game on sub 40% shooting.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #463
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I've been away from the board for a few days because I was really busy at work. I sat and watched that putrid game tonight. I have neither the time or the inclination to go back and read this entire thread, so forgive me if anyone else has said this:

I really can't stand Don Nelson as the coach of this team. Don't tell me about the trade screwing things up. Don Nelson is a good basketball coach. A really good basketball coach. But like an alcoholic who can't stay away from the booze, Nelson simply cannot control himself. EVERY time something starts going well, he seems to mess with it.

Until we jettison Don Nelson and go with someone who understands that you don't have to be unconventional and some sort of bizarre chess master to be a champion as a coach, the Mavs have very small odds indeed of even putting up a good fight against the likes of the Spurs in the playoffs.

I had dropped the signature, but I guess it will have to come back...
Old 03-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #464
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
It strikes me that if it's true that a Booth for Van Horn trade wrecks this team's chemistry, then this team's chemistry was either unprecedentedly good, or it was fraudulently shallow.
Sigh. It's not the subtraction of Calvin Booth it's the addition of Van Horn. How long did it take Terry to find his spot on this team? What about Stack? It's going to take time for Van Horn to find his role and that's the problem with the trade. We recieved Stack and Terry this offseason. We recieved Van Horn when we were playing our best ball of the season which happened to be at the All Star break. The Mavs offseason moves never put them over the top anyway so what in the hell made them think this would? Because it's Nellie's best trade ever?

1996-2005
Old 03-05-2005, 01:39 AM   #465
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Very few players are doing the little things.
Nellie said the same thing on the radio...he called out Josh individually and said he needed to stop taking jump shots and get back to playing defense...

Old 03-05-2005, 01:39 AM   #466
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

may be a good time for Nellie to step back. Looked like AJ was doing a lot of the coaching anyway.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:39 AM   #467
Captain Disaster

I really think that the team is confused; there are too many variables being thrown at them: the trade, a new player, injuries, quick yanks of players, etc... Maybe it doesn't really matter right now: we can't catch SA, & maybe the Mavs WANT the Queens.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:41 AM   #468
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I don't know what was the low point of this game.

1. The Mavs poor shooting.
2. The Mavs poor shot distribution
3. Nellie's lack of control of the team.
4. Dude's defending the shot distribution.
5. The Mavs poor defense.

6. Murphy repeating the same thing over and over again. *BINGO*
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:41 AM   #469
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
IF, after watching Don Nelson coach for the last 7-8 years, you still don't realize that he doesn't coach championship level basketball...ummm, the word denial comes to mind.
Do teams routinely win championships playing rookie point guards who make rookie mistakes? Do they win with rookie point guards at all?

Do teams routinely win championships with the likes of Jason Terry and Darryl Armstrong at point guard?

Do teams routinely win championships with the likes of Bradley/Benga playing 48 minutes at center?

Would this team be playing "championship level basketball" with Steve Nash at the point and Erick Dampier at center, all else being equal? Because that's the level of basketball that Nellie was coaching, before Cuban decided we could make do with a hodgepodge at the point.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:42 AM   #470
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

...too many chiefs, not enough indians?
Old 03-05-2005, 01:42 AM   #471
dakook041

Cuban should be the coach he knows what he's talking about! "When we have a set roation we can beat anybody" then says we could go 82-0 and nelllie still would think we were not championship material!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:42 AM   #472
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Armstrong probably wasn't even going to take that shot.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-05-2005, 01:43 AM   #473
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Slumps didn't start until the Mavs decided to trade for Keith Van horn. As if we didn't already have injured players we needed to work back into the rotation. Nellie just added to the mess.

I just can't get off of how you are playing you best ball of the season and you make a fucking trade. His best trade of his career. Nellie is so full of shit it's ridiculous.
I don't think that was the best basketball Dallas can play. Because even though they beat tough teams, they could've easily had lost those six straight games they won. Also, Dallas was slightly slumping in the previous two or three games before KVH played his first game.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:44 AM   #474
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

it wasn't just the trade . . . it was the trade plus damp's injury plus marquis and stack coming back from their injuries . . .

problem with this team is . .

1) we have players who should shoot more but don't get enough touches (dirk, terry)
2) we have players who like to shoot too much (daniels, stackhouse)
3) we have players trying to prove they can shoot (howard, harris)
4) we have players who just can't shoot at all (armstrong, henderson)
5) we have players where shooting is the only thing they can do (finley)

solution

1) give dirk (25+) and terry (15+) their shots
2) tell daniels and stackhouse that passing is an option, esp. daniels
3) tell howard to focus on rebounding/defense and looks for his shot within the flow of the game and let harris actually play some minutes and learn how to run a team
4) armstrong should not even be playing
5) tell finley that the mavs are not giving him indiana's reggie miller loyalty treatment
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:44 AM   #475
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Stupid nellie, got a 3pt foul with almost no time off the clock.
My nominee for idiotic post of the night. Nellie did nothing. If Jumaine Jones isn't an idiot, Darrell Armstrong clangs that 3. Play the percentages.
Glad to know you are prescient, who says he was even going to take that shot.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:45 AM   #476
Captain Disaster

Quote:
...too many chiefs, not enough indians?
I'm not in the huddle, but it appears that unless all the coaches are saying the same thing, players get confused. So the MAvs have played like crap recently, who cares? After losing Nash, do we really think they are contenders? We just switched places with Phoenix.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:47 AM   #477
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Do teams routinely win championships playing rookie point guards who make rookie mistakes? Do they win with rookie point guards at all?

Do teams routinely win championships with the likes of Jason Terry and Darryl Armstrong at point guard?

Do teams routinely win championships with the likes of Bradley/Benga playing 48 minutes at center?

Would this team be playing "championship level basketball" with Steve Nash at the point and Erick Dampier at center, all else being equal? Because that's the level of basketball that Nellie was coaching, before Cuban decided we could make do with a hodgepodge at the point.
We're not PLAYING a rookie at point. We SHOULD be, because he was playing specacular ball before he got in the dog house. Off the top of my head, Magic Johnson won a championship as a rookie.

There's NOTHING wrong with Jason Terry. There are a LOT of teams out there that would love to have him on their team. Our offense, IMO, is LIGHTYEARS better when he's on the floor. DA shouldn't be a factor because DH should be playing in his stead.

And I'm not even sure what that last statement is supposed to mean? You play with the hand you're dealt. The Ace in our hole just happens to be one of the top 3 hardest players in the league to match up against. Build the team around him, run the offense THROUGH him...whatever. Don't just keep on trying the a new gimmick every other opponent. he's too cute for this team. We need a meat and potatoes coach. We need an x's and o's coach.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:47 AM   #478
Captain Disaster

Quote:
Originally posted by: Charlie Brown
it wasn't just the trade . . . it was the trade plus damp's injury plus marquis and stack coming back from their injuries . . .

1) we have players who should shoot more but don't get enough touches (dirk, terry)

solution

3) tell howard to focus on rebounding/defense and looks for his shot within the flow of the game and let harris actually play some minutes and learn how to run a team
5) tell finley that the mavs are not giving him indiana's reggie miller loyalty treatment
Excellent points! What do the MAvs have to lose? They certainly can't be any worse; a win is a win, a loss is a loss. So if we lose some nights, who cares? At least we develop a true character.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:48 AM   #479
dakook041

Terry and Dirk should be doing most of the shooting Period! i don't know why Terry doesn't get played a lot Nellies an idiot! let Terry control the game and Dirk be the main option!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:49 AM   #480
dakook041

Quote:
Originally posted by: Captain Disaster
Quote:
Originally posted by: Charlie Brown

solution

Yes point 1 is exactly right! Terry needs to be in offense more instead of finley,daniels,howard or stack! If he is that will open up the offense more