Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-17-2018, 04:19 PM   #1
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trade Speculation/Ideas 2019

Just thought we should have space for this as trade season will begin to heat up.

I feel like the last couple of trades, for Ariza and George Hill, set the market somewhat.

Is it time for the MBT to pivot to trading for assets? Do we wait and see how this road trip unfolds?

Would Washington have interest in DeAndre? Certainly more than a few teams would be happy to have Wes playing 20-25 a night off the bench. Shoot, the pelicans could use him as a starter! Is any team willing to give up a protected 1st for Barnes? Can we take advantage of the usual suspects (NO, Detroit, Washington) who always seem eager to dump picks for short term upgrades?

Personally, I'm ready for all 3 of the aforementioned to be gone. Powell too in the right deal. I know there is virtue in continuity for our youngsters and having hope for the playoffs, etc. But it's time to think ahead to better things than treading water with almost over the hill vets and mediocrities.

Start stockpiling assets for a run at trading for the next superstar that comes available and fits our timeline while keeping 30-40m available for this summer FA.

What say ya'll?

Last edited by mac222b; 12-17-2018 at 04:20 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #2
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Complain all you want about HB but he usually a reliable starter who led the team in ppg last season. If you trade him, you lose a large chunk of offense. Doncic is progressing amazingly but putting the entire offense on his shoulders is a bit much.

Wes is someone we can afford to trade since DFS has really stepped up this year. We won't be getting anything for him though with him being in his last year of contract and a high salary. Rumors have already said that MBT has tried to him but has not gotten any takers, so it's highly unlikely for him to go even with teams that are looking for salary relief.

DJ is a great fit for this team and is #2 in RPG for the league. Yeah, his defense could be better but so could a lot of things on this young team.

DP is coming back down to earth in his stats but he's a little over priced for his next year $10.2 million salary.

Next year's salary commitment is HB (25), DP (10.2), Luke (7.6), DSJ (4.4), DFS (1.9), Maxi (1.8) and Brunson (1.4). We need quality vets and good coaching/mentoring for Luka and DSJ ... which is exactly what we have. Hopefully pick up a really nice fit with our salary cap next year along with players we keep, then we'll be sitting nicely.

For the first time in a really, really .... really ... long time, I hope no trades are done except for no-brainers and we stick with who we have.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Well, in short, it will be tough to upgrade given we don't have next year's first and no one of real value we would send.

Matthews is once again our most likely to be traded. More so now that he is expiring and actually would help a team who could either offset the salary or absorb it, with picks to the Mavs, of course, or a young player more in line with their rebuild.

Barnes and Jordan would obviously help other teams out, but they will stay to help develop the younger players unless the FO is blown away.

Other than that, I'd say we won't see much. I think our other vets are certainly tradeable, but the value the Mavs would get back in a trade probably doesn't outweigh what they think Barea, Harris, etc. can teach Luka, DSJ, and Brunson.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #4
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
the value the Mavs would get back in a trade probably doesn't outweigh what they think Barea, Harris, etc. can teach Luka, DSJ, and Brunson.
This is very important for those three. They are more than likely our super long term players so veterans that knows what it takes to stay in the league set them on the right path to longevity. Plus, L/D/B already show the IQ to learn from vets.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Smart thing to do would be to wait until the TDL to see where we are and who might be available. We are currently a PO caliber team and unless something major happens like a season ending injury to a key player or we go on a huge losing streak, there is no reason to make any moves just to make moves.

Now if someone like KAT or Porzingis become seriously available then we might want to try to put something together.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #6
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I am out on KAT and would be intrigued with Prozingis. No idea what it would take or if we could even offer it.

Last edited by saclare; 12-18-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...08851278565377

Quote:
.@TheSteinLine mentions expectation among execs around league that Dennis Smith Jr. will eventually be moved. Mavs tell Steiny that they aren't shopping Smith, but that's semantics. Execs from other teams tell me that Mavs are at least gauging market for their 2017 lotto pick.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:54 PM   #8
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Totally unsubstantiated rumor but.....

Quote:
Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon
.@TheSteinLine mentions expectation among execs around league that Dennis Smith Jr. will eventually be moved. Mavs tell Steiny that they aren't shopping Smith, but that's semantics. Execs from other teams tell me that Mavs are at least gauging market for their 2017 lotto pick.

Last edited by thewizard; 12-24-2018 at 07:56 PM.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:12 PM   #9
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post

There are only two untradeable players on this team and we all know who they are. I'm sure the Mavs are gauging market for all of the other 15 players including Dennis.

I wouldn't be too concerned about that comment though because I'm sure the price will be overly high for him. Unless the Knicks would consider parting with Portzingis or some other team has a young budding star they just want to dump, I don't see the Mavs moving Dennis.

I do think the Mavs have their eye on Beal though and Dennis would have to be involved in that deal in some way.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #10
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post

Not totally unsubstantiated. Several NBA reporters said they heard the same thing. The LA Times NBA writer even mentioned it in a story last week.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I respect Stein, but saying "that's semantics" is a pretty big reach there and is more than a little vague. I find that many writers are desperate for clicks trying to catch up to Woj these days as he and Shams are the go-to guys.

If the Mavs deny they would trade him, then I'm not really sure what else there is this rumor...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-24-2018 at 09:46 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:17 PM   #12
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I respect Stein, but saying "that's semantics" is a pretty big reach there and is more than a little vague. I find that many writers are desperate for clicks trying to catch up to Woj these days as he and Shams are the go-to guys.

If the Mavs deny they would trade him, then I'm not really sure what else there is this rumor...
They didn’t deny they would trade him. They said they weren’t shopping him. TMac, Dan Woike, and Nate Duncan say that they have heard otherwise.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:24 AM   #13
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
They didn’t deny they would trade him. They said they weren’t shopping him. TMac, Dan Woike, and Nate Duncan say that they have heard otherwise.
The fact remains that trading DSJ makes sense. None of us should be surprised.

Is it too early to jump ship on DSJ + Doncic combo? Maybe. But I personally doubt the fit. I would be interested to see what the market would yield.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #14
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying trading DSJ would be a monumental mistake, but not trying to unload Powell and Wes first is.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I'm not saying trading DSJ would be a monumental mistake, but not trying to unload Powell and Wes first is.
Maybe nobody wants Wes or Powell for the same reasons you don't... DSJ, on the other hand, seems to be drawing interest.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

What I want to know is what are other teams offering for Dennis? What kind of return could we be looking at? What's his value right now?

If nothing else, his high-flying game puts butts in seats. I could see all kinds of bad teams placing significant value on his ability to sell tickets alone.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-25-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:44 PM   #17
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Other teams showing interest in him is a good thing for us and Dennis if there is anything to this. If we do trade him it would be at a premium and Mavs shouldn't consider anything less.

I can't help but think the Mavs would have some interest in Beal though if the Wizards come calling but that would most likely require a 3rd team. Can't think of any other realistic potential options.

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-25-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Maybe nobody wants Wes or Powell for the same reasons you don't... DSJ, on the other hand, seems to be drawing interest.
Oh come on. Despite having a losing record, every one of our players is worth 10X as much to other teams as they are to us.

Bad player with a bad contract like Matthews or Powell? It's a moral failing on our FO for not trading them for someone twice as good.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #19
saclare
Platinum Member

Count me as all for a DSJ/Beal trade. Not sure how we can make it happen.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #20
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I just dont see any trade that helps us and that makes sense for the other teams.

Our assets arent good enough to get a player who is worthy to give up 15+ mio capspace in 2019 and 2020. Best example a player like Beal (or slightly worse).

DSJ+Wes isnt good enough for that. Not having the 2019 FRP doesnt help either. And DSJ is right now in a sell low window and you never sell in such a window.

Players we could potentially get for our assets are also not good enough to give up the opportunities in the next two FA offseason.

Wes: expiring + lame 2nd from a contender

Powell: with the heavy 10m PO he is pretty much an overpaid roleplayer with zero or even slightly negative value

DSJ: Dont know how high you could sell on his potential. Best case is like a switch with the Suns for Jackson. I prefer to see if DSJ figures it out over the next 50 games to play better offball.

Barnes: Heavy 25m PO, pretty much a finished product. Dont think you can get a better player in a trade.

So yeah...i think we wont trade until the TDL. Wont make sense for either team...

Last edited by sefant77; 12-26-2018 at 01:04 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #21
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't buy that Luka and DSJ won't work together. However, I don't think that DSJ makes near the same impact by initiating offense as Luka. Many people expect too much of a 19 and 20 year old duo. DSJ is on par for most 2nd year players while Luka is wayyy ahead. MY main question was, can Luka run the offense without turning the ball over a lot, and can he be slowed down significantly by quicker guards defending him. He has not only answered my question but has done it in shocking fashion.

Many seasoned vets aren't on his level of play making and seeing the floor and what to do to take advantage, much less a 2nd year guy who hasn't had that kind of talent(Luka) on the floor with him...ever.

IF Beal or Derozan for example, or any other playmaker/scorer were attainable I would pull the trigger on it because everyone else on the team is mature enough to compete as contenders.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:10 PM   #22
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

I see some of you are talking about this but didn’t see a tweet or anything.

https://twitter.com/hoopsrumors/stat...407857664?s=21

The Mavs are denying the rumor but where there’s smoke there’s usually fire. It will be interesting to see what his trade value is. He’s still super young but he’s also not the same level of player as Luka. He doesn’t really do any one thing great (other than jump). They can pretty much rule out getting back any established Star like a AD or Butler for DSJ. Also they will get nowhere near value for him by trading for a pick because they would likely only be getting back a low 1st at best. Their best bet would be to try and obtain a player that is in a similar position as Dennis. A young former lotto pick that has either worn out his welcome on his current team or someone that just hasn’t lived up to expectations.

I would approach the Pacers and see if there is any package they would be willing to take for Myles Turner. Not likely but it’s worth a shot. More than likely they would be looking at guys like Josh Jackson, Jonathan Isaac, Ntilikina, or even Fultz.

Oh and for what it’s worth I don’t see any way Deandre is coming back. Not because they don’t want him back because they definitely do. I think he ends up going back to LA only for the Lakers this time. He’s shown he’s still a dominant rebounder and he’s no longer a liability at the end of games because of his vastly improved free throw shooting.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #23
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post

I would approach the Pacers and see if there is any package they would be willing to take for Myles Turner. Not likely but it’s worth a shot. More than likely they would be looking at guys like Josh Jackson, Jonathan Isaac, Ntilikina, or even Fultz.

Oh and for what it’s worth I don’t see any way Deandre is coming back. Not because they don’t want him back because they definitely do. I think he ends up going back to LA only for the Lakers this time. He’s shown he’s still a dominant rebounder and he’s no longer a liability at the end of games because of his vastly improved free throw shooting.
Yeah I dont see Myles Turner leaving. Pacers are cruising at 3rd in the EC and Myles Turner is leading the league in BPG. Nothing we have would be enough to pull him away. Avg 12/7/2.8 bpg. No reason Indy will start moving guys that are solid contributors.

I think its 50/50 DJ leaves. If a top 5 team is calling, I dont expect him to stay. But his relationship with Luka is why I keep it at 50/50.

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-28-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #24
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they dont move DSJ until at least next season to get a full season or so with Luka. Im not saying its going to work, but to bail on a 2nd year player after he was hailed in his rookie season doesnt send a good message in my opinion. I think he deserves the opportunity to prove himself.

Honestly Id be hesitant to part with Wes mid season only because we really lack consistent 3 point shooters sans Barnes(i miss dougie). But hes very frustrating to watch at times. If theres a package that includes Powell...sign me up.

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-28-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #25
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lebron likes Cousins, so my guess is Cousins signs with the Lakers, maybe on a huge 1 year contract. Thin market for center for sure, basically just Lakers and Mavs with significant cap space and a center need.

Specially if Anthony Davis isnt traded by july 1st, i dont see the Lakers wasting future cap space for DJ if they may/probably need a max slot in 2020 for Davis. So maybe DJ is back with us on a more friendly deal because there wasnt much of a market for him.

Yeah and Miles Turner isnt happening....

Last edited by sefant77; 12-28-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #26
sefant77
Guru

Quote:

Lebron is a huge Cousins fan, so my guess is Cousins signs with the Lakers, probably on a huge 1 year contract.

Specially if Anthony Davis isnt traded by july 1st, i dont see the Lakers wasting future cap space for DJ if they may/probably need a max slot in 2020 for Davis.

Yeah and Miles Turner isnt happening....Dipo/Sabonis/Turner are their longterm core, they arent going anywhere

Last edited by sefant77; 12-28-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:54 PM   #27
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

I don’t know, I think Cousins ends up re-upping with Golden State. That’s unless they do end up shipping Klay/Draymond to the Pels for AD. If that happens then Cousins does go to LA and DJ could return to Dallas.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:46 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
I don’t know, I think Cousins ends up re-upping with Golden State. That’s unless they do end up shipping Klay/Draymond to the Pels for AD. If that happens then Cousins does go to LA and DJ could return to Dallas.
Golden State can't afford to keep Cousins unless he plays for minimum again... Which he won't.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:00 PM   #29
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

No Links. Just a hunch. Goran Dragic will opt out this off season and sign multi year with the Mavs.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:25 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Golden State can't afford to keep Cousins unless he plays for minimum again... Which he won't.
Yeah they even told allready that Cousins is a one and done in GS....
Old 12-30-2018, 06:27 PM   #31
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
No Links. Just a hunch. Goran Dragic will opt out this off season and sign multi year with the Mavs.
Guy is 33 next may. Dont really know how he fits the timeline with Barea probably back too

Last edited by sefant77; 12-30-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:10 PM   #32
Underdog

I meant to post this earlier, but here's yesterday's bit from TCat about the DSJ rumors:

Last edited by Underdog; 12-31-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:57 AM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I meant to post this earlier, but here's yesterday's bit from TCat about the DSJ rumors:

Except that Smith just hit the game winner against the toughest defense in the league and played great defense on Paul George to ice it.

I don't buy that Smith isn't part of "win now" at all. Pretty sure no player on the team wants to win as much as him.

What I do concede is that Smith is the only one not named Luka on the team with any real trade value. See, the bigger issue is the rest of the team...not Smith. But I still don't know what trade is out there that markedly improves the team because you need to fill other holes. And Smith provides something for the team that nobody else on the roster really has.

So it's really more of a roster dilemma than a Smith jr one.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:49 PM   #34
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Unless an offer just blows us away I don’t see a reason to be in a rush to move Dennis. Even if he’s 2-3 years away from being reliable offensively, that puts Luka at 22-23 yrs old.

They shouldn’t rush this thing. Sell vets for assets if you can. Fight for the playoffs, but not at the expense of the future. Maybe an opportunity to package DSJ with said assets for a superstar comes along in the next year or two. Cuban needs to just stay out of the way.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #35
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Read on Twitter that the Mavs have interest in Otto Porter? Replacing Messley. Where there is smoke or nothing to see here.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:04 PM   #36
sefant77
Guru

The question also is: do the Mavs think Porter is worthy to give up 26 mio in cap space next summer?

Trading Wes for Porter, Barnes&Powell picking up their POs and our cap space isnt even 30 mio anymore.

I think the only way this happens is with Powell included too.

Porter is 26 next summer and pretty much stagnating.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-01-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The question is also: do the Mavs think Porter is worthy to give up 26 mio in cap space next summer?

Trading Wes for Porter, Barnes&Powell picking up their POs and our cap space isnt even 30 mio anymore.

I think the only way this happens is with Powell included too.

Porter is 26 next summer and pretty much stagnating.
I'm all for not pretending like we have a shot at Durant or Thompson. Plan powder is always a severe disappointment, so I'd be fine with trades.

Porter is still a big upgrade over Wes. Count me in.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:25 PM   #38
sefant77
Guru

The only way im okay with it is if Powell included...that just kills 16 mio cap space
Old 01-01-2019, 09:31 PM   #39
rimrocker
Diamond Member

How is Porter defensively?
He’s a 40% career 3pt shooter and averages about 11ppg. Not bad for a 4th option but we’d need some defense from him.

I’d consider him because we probably won’t find a better option in FA but the defense is the biggest question for me. Don’t know much about the guy.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:44 PM   #40
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
How is Porter defensively?
He’s a 40% career 3pt shooter and averages about 11ppg. Not bad for a 4th option but we’d need some defense from him.

I’d consider him because we probably won’t find a better option in FA but the defense is the biggest question for me. Don’t know much about the guy.
His defense is really good. He’s an advanced stats darling, the anti- Barnes in that respect