Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all
Default Dirk Suspended for one game

Got this from NBA.com
Nowitzki suspended one game for hitting Harpring

By Official Release
Posted Dec 28 2008 12:35PM

NEW YORK -- Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks has been suspended one game without pay for striking Utah Jazz forward Matt Harpring in the face, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations. Nowitzki was initially charged with a Flagrant Foul Penalty Two, which carries with it an automatic ejection.

The incident occurred with 9:50 remaining in the fourth quarter of Utah's 97-88 win over Dallas on Friday, December 26, at EnergySolutions Arena.

Nowitzki will serve his suspension today when the Mavericks visit the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center.

Sigh....... i knew this might happen, dumb refs couldn't call a good call in the utah game game if their lives depended on it.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Got this from forum.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showpo...32&postcount=8
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Hopefully our 2nd unit knows they will have to work 2x harder
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

I saw the a very low-res you tube video of the hit...anyone have a link to a higher quality one?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

That was a horribly officiated game and that call was a non-foul at best and a fould against Utah at worst.

The contact was incidental and how the refs could make that call, even after the instant replay is beyond me...then again...the Mavs are starting to find their sea legs and will David's Thugs have to do what they can to keep the Mavs down!!!

At least it gave Dirk a day off for some much needed rest and the suspension came against a team that the Mavs can handle and did handle rather easily!!!

I only wish that organizations, and/or fans had some recourse to have poor officials suspended for a few games...they are the only ones that get a free pass when they screw up...or follow Sterns orders!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

good thing we won yesterday without Dirk

Last edited by horse900703; 12-29-2008 at 10:07 AM.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

After all of the dust from the crooked ref has settled down it's right back to the same-o, bidness. Refs making calls that don't make a lot of sense and the legaue not explaining them.

Kirilenko's flop should be explained to the fans why that was called a foul. It was a blatant flop, they talked about doing something about flops...but nothing.

SSDD..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
That was a horribly officiated game and that call was a non-foul at best and a fould against Utah at worst.

The contact was incidental and how the refs could make that call, even after the instant replay is beyond me...then again...the Mavs are starting to find their sea legs and will David's Thugs have to do what they can to keep the Mavs down!!!

At least it gave Dirk a day off for some much needed rest and the suspension came against a team that the Mavs can handle and did handle rather easily!!!

I only wish that organizations, and/or fans had some recourse to have poor officials suspended for a few games...they are the only ones that get a free pass when they screw up...or follow Sterns orders!!!

You should be ejected and suspended for this post...

It was a non-call? Oh I disagree, If that would have been the other way around we would be calling for Harprings ejection/suspension etc. Dirk messed up and took it to his head, he could have gotten away with a push probably. It wasn't incidental, he was very frustrated and took it out the wrong way. I think Harpring deserved it and I hate him but still.

I do agree that there was some pretty ridiculous calls esp Kirilenkos flop.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

here's a good quality video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4E2i5X3MWc
Old 12-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a problem with the suspension. I do have a problem with the atrocious officiating that led up to it.

The nba continues to treat fans like crap. We have a kirilenko flop for the ages and nothing, ass bbl's video showed we have fouls after the shot is made, etc. Nothing.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish Dirk would have gotten his money's worth.

That was awful weak for the price he paid. I'd rather he got a 5 game suspension, but actually clocked someone -- just to send a message to the league that this team is not taking that anymore.

That is common officiating in Utah. It needs to end.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all remember the shot that Malone took on Dirk while Dirk was drilling a 3 pointer...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk > Utah

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #14
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban's probably slipping some money back in his pocket anyways.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
here's a good quality video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4E2i5X3MWc
I hate to even watch that video-- just makes you mad.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-29-2008 at 01:38 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #16
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

They should really fine players for diving like that.

It just takes so much away from the game.

What will actually happen is Cuban will send in a video. Following, Cuban will be fined.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 12-29-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #17
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

There are supposed to be fines. That was a rule change going into this season.

Contact Me
Old 12-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #18
ty
Diamond Member

Old 12-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #19
alby
Guru

Stu Jackson for the loss.

Contact Me
Old 12-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #20
ty
Diamond Member

SJ sucks.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #21
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post

It just takes so much away from the game.

What will actually happen is Cuban will send in a video. Following, Cuban will be fined.
cuban fined, it would be good for him
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #22
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #23
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it the rule is pretty clear cut. If you go to the head it's an ejection and a suspension. Harpring was doing what he always does and got in Dirk's head.

In Dirk's defense I don't think he was trying to hit Harpring in the face but he's got to be smarter about the way he retaliates.

As far as the flop, the league needs to do something about that. It cheapens the game.

Last edited by dirno2000; 12-29-2008 at 09:51 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #24
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I know in high school (and I'm pretty sure in college, too), you can be called for a technical foul for flopping.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #25
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

In soccer, since there's been all this diving for years.... if the ref thinks you flopped, that's a yellow card. Do it again and you're out of the game. How can they let something so blatant as that go? Do they want this to go on until it becomes unbearable to do something about it? Proactive, Stern, proactive.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #26
SMC0007
Guru

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3416579

Fines for flopping! Where is Kirilenkos? They should have stopped the game and came stright out on the court and handed him his fine for that horribly obvious one.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:06 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

Dirk on the suspension. Love the last sentence...sure can't blame you. And not telling him saturday does really suck. Because there is no way that someone woke up sunday morning and did anything.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...-suspensi.html
Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki isn't happy about the way the NBA handled his suspension. And he shouldn't be.
But the best news out of the incident against the Jazz last week is that the Mavericks' superstar is learning that he'll have to be more disciplined on future trips to Utah.
Nowitzki talked for the first time about the suspension that came after his back-hand swing at Utah's Matt Harpring on Friday.
"I was disappointed they didn't tell me Saturday,'' he said. "There excuse was the investigation took all day. I don't buy that. I think they should have told me Saturday.''
Not that the suspension was unexpected. Earlier this season, Boston's Kevin Garnett gave a similar blow to Milwaukee's Andrew Bogut and got a one-game suspension.
Nowitzki said it's more than just a coincidence that he's been suspended for actions in each of his last two trips to Utah.
"I'd say,'' he said. "But I've got to do a better job keeping my head. That's how they play there. They don't call a lot of fouls there. I just think it's (Utah coach Jerry) Sloan having the boys play hard. It's been like this ever since I got to the league. They let the boys play in Utah and let them play hard. Sometimes on the edge. And I just got to be ready to take more hits and play through it and not lose my head.''
Nowitzki said the league wasn't interested in hearing him talk about what happened before the fourth-quarter incident in Utah.
"They only wanted to know about that one play,'' said Nowitzki, adding he never talked to NBA operations president Stu Jackson. "I obviously never meant to hit him in the face. I just wish they would have told us Saturday so I didn't get my hopes up (of playing Sunday against the LA Clippers).''
And as for the way the investigation took place, he said: "He (Jackson) never called me. I was going to tell him a few stories. But nowadays, it's some NBA security, some assistant or whatever. They just write down what you have to say. They could really scratch it out. They do what they do. I don't know why they interview you. They walk you through the whole spiel _ what were you thinking, what you saw _ then you tell them and you get suspended anyway. I might not even call them back next time.''
Old 12-31-2008, 01:13 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There excuse was the investigation took all day.
It's highly disappointing that someone in the business of journalism doesn't know the difference between "their" and "there." So sad, so sad...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:09 AM   #29
alby
Guru

Dirk > Stu

Contact Me
Old 12-31-2008, 06:00 AM   #30
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
It's highly disappointing that someone in the business of journalism doesn't know the difference between "their" and "there." So sad, so sad...
Yeah that got me too, jeez. The two Dallas papers have been in quite the decline the past two years.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #31
ty
Diamond Member

It's obvious that they were slacking off.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:29 PM   #32
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Dirk > Stu

DIRK >nba
Old 12-31-2008, 04:50 PM   #33
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

So will Garnett and Aldridge get suspended? They both delivered shots to the head in last night's game, and in their case (unlike Dirk), it was pretty obvious that the contact to the head was intentional:

http://www.faniq.com/video/Kevin-Gar...ports_featured
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #34
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
So will Garnett and Aldridge get suspended? They both delivered shots to the head in last night's game, and in their case (unlike Dirk), it was pretty obvious that the contact to the head was intentional:

http://www.faniq.com/video/Kevin-Gar...ports_featured
did Garnett get thrown out? if not I don't really see him getting suspended. If he did I see him get suspended
Old 12-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 99% sure neither got thrown out, that alone will probably make it likely that neither misses any time.

It just further shows Garnett can be a pr!ck.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #36
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'm 99% sure neither got thrown out, that alone will probably make it likely that neither misses any time.

It just further shows Garnett can be a pr!ck.
yeah Garnett has been one since he has come to Boston. when do the mavs play Boston? maybe the can like punch the Celtics players. Mavs are really one of the only teams I can see standing up to the Celtics, not beating, them but fouling them hard I can see that
Old 12-31-2008, 05:10 PM   #37
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
yeah Garnett has been one since he has come to Boston. when do the mavs play Boston? maybe the can like punch the Celtics players. Mavs are really one of the only teams I can see standing up to the Celtics, not beating, them but fouling them hard I can see that
Uh, he's been one well BEFORE he went to Boston. I remember there would be times where he'd try to pick on Josh Howard and get under his skin, but Josh didn't flinch and he'd get up in Garnett's face and Garnett really didn't do anything else. He'd try that move in a couple of games and Josh didn't back down any time it happened.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-31-2008 at 05:10 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #38
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Written by Art Garcia: Link

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #39
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Written by Art Garcia: Link
Nice, stay in there Dirk.
Shows that he's not going to be soft anymore.
Also Smith should be suspended for that bloody nose.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
Nice, stay in there Dirk.
Shows that he's not going to be soft anymore.
Also Smith should be suspended for that bloody nose.
Are you kidding..the nba has downgraded that from a flagrant 1 to a normal foul.