Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #321
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion, the only time LOST has ever done anything comparable to the "Oh, they're dead, oh they're not" Heroes trick is with Locke.

And we all knew they weren't really going to kill the character Locke.

Everyone else who dies is dead. Now, do they show up from time to time in the form of the smoke monster, or flashbacks, or dreams or whatever? Sure. But sparingly.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #322
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
How is this any different than Lost though?
I was thinking exactly the opposite. It's totally different in my opinion.
Quote:
I expect the same thing on Lost every time someone dies. Someone is either going to see them again, or they are going to be alive again.
Other than in flashbacks...... Where is Boone? Where is Libby? Where is Shannon? Where is Ana Lucia? Where is Michael? Where is Eko? The two exceptions to that we know of are Christian and Locke. We've been told Locke is "special" and I assume that Christian is the same. I also assume that if Walt were killed and brought to the Island he would also be "living" again. But the key difference is that they are "special". Can you come up with another that doesn't fit?
Quote:
I like them both: as just exactly what they are .... entertainment. I must admit that the Lost writers seem to be able to tie storylines together much better than Heroes though, and don't seem to make near as many mistakes.
So you just contradicted yourself. And as to the mistakes..... which ones are you referring to?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-29-2009 at 01:04 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #323
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I was thinking exactly the opposite. It's totally different in my opinion.Other than in flashbacks...... Where is Boone? Where is Libby? Where is Shannon? Where is Ana Lucia? Where is Michael? Where is Eko? The two exceptions to that we know of are Christian and Locke. We've been told Locke is "special" and I assume that Christian is the same. I also assume that if Walt were killed and brought to the Island he would also be "living" again. But the key difference is that they are "special". Can you come up with another that doesn't fit?
Yes, Ana Lucia was seen by Hurley on the mainland. Jinn was inside and blown up on the ship, but somehow was written to survive. Ben was shot at point blank range from an assassin, but somehow he survived. Christian and Locke were in caskets and yet alive.

I do not remember how many other characters have been seen by Hurley (written back into the show for at least an episode). Time travel and flashbacks have seen a few more.

While not all, quite a few dead people have found there way back to the show.

On Heroes several have died and not been seen again as well, but fewer. Especially the older group that was prevalent in Season one (ex Nathan and Peters dad, the guy that Hero played with in medieval Japan, Hero's father, etc).

Quote:
So you just contradicted yourself. And as to the mistakes..... which ones are you referring to?
I don't feel I have contradicted myself. Both have brought characters back in the fold.......Lost has just done a better job of making the story line a little more smooth, IMO. As far as mistakes go in Lost -- the most glaring to me is that an assassin shot Ben with no one around, and didn't kill him. No second shot (double tap), no making sure he was dead, no extra bullet in the head. That is not common or likely to happen. Assassins make their living making sure people are dead, and he had been an assassin for how long?

The second is how strained they are having to make the Jack and Kate story line. She comes back to Jack to go back to the island with him. Tells him not to ever ask about Aaron, and it insinuated she has sex with him. Then the supposed next day when they get on the plane, acts like she doesn't know/care for him, and as soon as they get to the island -- the writers insinuate that she is still pining for Sawyer. Then she is pissed with Jack cause he won't save Ben, but then runs off with him instead of staying with Sawyer. They are just trying too hard to make a love quadrangle, IMO.

How about Jinns wife not going back in time like all the rest of the Oceanic 6?
I'm sure they will find a way to explain it. How about Aaron not being there, even though he was on the original flight (even if he wasn't born yet).

I mean there are loose ends and mistakes (even though they may correct some of them.)

I really don't need to list Heroes mistakes do I.....there are many that are too hard to swallow.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #324
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Yes, Ana Lucia was seen by Hurley on the mainland. Jinn was inside and blown up on the ship, but somehow was written to survive. Ben was shot at point blank range from an assassin, but somehow he survived. Christian and Locke were in caskets and yet alive.

I do not remember how many other characters have been seen by Hurley (written back into the show for at least an episode). Time travel and flashbacks have seen a few more.

While not all, quite a few dead people have found there way back to the show.

On Heroes several have died and not been seen again as well, but fewer. Especially the older group that was prevalent in Season one (ex Nathan and Peters dad, the guy that Hero played with in medieval Japan, Hero's father, etc).

I don't feel I have contradicted myself. Both have brought characters back in the fold.......Lost has just done a better job of making the story line a little more smooth, IMO. As far as mistakes go in Lost -- the most glaring to me is that an assassin shot Ben with no one around, and didn't kill him. No second shot (double tap), no making sure he was dead, no extra bullet in the head. That is not common or likely to happen. Assassins make their living making sure people are dead, and he had been an assassin for how long?

The second is how strained they are having to make the Jack and Kate story line. She comes back to Jack to go back to the island with him. Tells him not to ever ask about Aaron, and it insinuated she has sex with him. Then the supposed next day when they get on the plane, acts like she doesn't know/care for him, and as soon as they get to the island -- the writers insinuate that she is still pining for Sawyer. Then she is pissed with Jack cause he won't save Ben, but then runs off with him instead of staying with Sawyer. They are just trying too hard to make a love quadrangle, IMO.

How about Jinns wife not going back in time like all the rest of the Oceanic 6?
I'm sure they will find a way to explain it. How about Aaron not being there, even though he was on the original flight (even if he wasn't born yet).

I mean there are loose ends and mistakes (even though they may correct some of them.)

I really don't need to list Heroes mistakes do I.....there are many that are too hard to swallow.
So what you are saying is you think the STORY of Lost is bad because the story is what makes those "problems" with Lost possible.

Whereas Heroes they just bring a character back and give them a different name.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #325
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
So what you are saying is you think the STORY of Lost is bad because the story is what makes those "problems" with Lost possible.

Whereas Heroes they just bring a character back and give them a different name.
No, I like both stories.

I think Lost does a better job with the story line, and integrating people back and forth.

I think Heroes goes farther off the deep end, on what they want you to believe happened.

I think both have brought back some characters that died, and tried to "explain" them.

Either way, I enjoy watching, and keep up with what's going on. I just don't see much difference in the killing them off, then finding a way to write them back in.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #326
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh btw, I finally got around to watching the finale.

It was their best finale to date, by far. Nice simple plot, enough action. Not very much dialogue that went on and on, which was nice because they can't write it well and these crappy actors can't act it well.

So they killed off another character without killing them. Original. How many times have we killed Nathan now?

Grow some balls. Dismiss an actor from the show and say "goodbye, thanks"

I liked the Peter in the limo thing. Didn't see that one coming. I must have dozed off.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #327
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Oh btw, I finally got around to watching the finale.

It was their best finale to date, by far. Nice simple plot, enough action. Not very much dialogue that went on and on, which was nice because they can't write it well and these crappy actors can't act it well.

So they killed off another character without killing them. Original. How many times have we killed Nathan now?

Grow some balls. Dismiss an actor from the show and say "goodbye, thanks"

I liked the Peter in the limo thing. Didn't see that one coming. I must have dozed off.
I was also very surprised at the Peter-in-the-limo bit. I don't think it beat "How to Stop An Exploding Man," but better than 2 and 3, for sure.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #328
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Don't know if any of you are still watching this show. I am. And after last night.... how dark was that? I so wish the reluctant college roommate would have been meat hooked last night.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #329
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Still watching -- just to keep up with Sylar.

The other story lines seem a little forced to me.

Yes, I wanted her meat hooked as well.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #330
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I"m still watching also. It's nothing fantastic, but I'm anxious to see where the whole circus thing leads.

Also the Sylar/Parkman/Nathan thing is pretty interesting. Will be waiting to see how that turns out.

I like what they've done with HRG this season too. His character's dynamic has really changed.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #331
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

After watching the 1st two episodes, i thought that was it for this show. But the past few episodes have been real good. Even watching this monday's show, i thought it was going to suck, but i was surprised.

I also wanted roommate to die. She was too busy cupcaking, and she almost got clipped before, you'd think she would get the hint.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #332
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

welp, Heroes has officially bit the dust. ah well. I probably wont lose any sleep over it.

http://tv.yahoo.com/heroes/show/3943...emighty-heroes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #333
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I thought that show was cancelled like 2 years ago
Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #334
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Tags
crickets, downhill since episode 1, downhill since season 1, subpar writing