Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-22-2008, 12:53 AM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hornets revamp uniform/logo

logo: http://www.nba.com/media/hornets/NOH...ll_800x600.jpg

Quote:
The New Orleans Hornets have unveiled a slightly updated logo and new uniforms for the 2008-09 season, according to NBA.com.

"We are extremely proud to be the New Orleans Hornets, and our new logos and uniforms pay tribute to the past, present and future of this great city," said Executive Officer of the Board Chad Shinn. "These exciting new designs represent our commitment to championship performance on and off the court as we look ahead to a successful future in New Orleans."

The new logos pay tribute to the city of New Orleans and the new jerseys feature pinstripes.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...logo_uniforms/

They could do without the pinstripes..
Old 08-22-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-22-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Those aren't bad looking uni's, although they look horrible, but how is it that they are supposed to pay tribute to the past, present, and future of the great city that is New Orleans? Huh?

If they pay tribute to anything, it's to the Charlotte Hornets...and that shouldn't, I don't suppose, come as a big surprise. Lemme see...is that Larry Johnson I see there?

Oh, but those exciting new designs represent a commitment to championship performance on and off the court? Whoa! Talk about setting the bar high! How funny. How very, very funny.

You know what I like best about those uni's? The Carolina blue, baby. Nothing says New Orleans like Carolina blue.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #4
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

lol...people never learn from the pinstripes...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

those look gross.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Nothing says New Orleans like Carolina blue.
I was thinking the same thing...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

fugly

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Those aren't bad looking uni's, although they look horrible, but how is it that they are supposed to pay tribute to the past, present, and future of the great city that is New Orleans? Huh?

If they pay tribute to anything, it's to the Charlotte Hornets...and that shouldn't, I don't suppose, come as a big surprise. Lemme see...is that Larry Johnson I see there?

Oh, but those exciting new designs represent a commitment to championship performance on and off the court? Whoa! Talk about setting the bar high! How funny. How very, very funny.

You know what I like best about those uni's? The Carolina blue, baby. Nothing says New Orleans like Carolina blue.
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed..ohh wait that like you every post. Get a life mann. Stop over analyzing and criticizing everything.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I love chumdawg and I never want him to change

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

um..looks ok~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
um..looks ok~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I love chumdawg (even though he physically abuses me), but I never want him to change!
Unconditional love is a beautiful thing...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-22-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #13
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

That doesn't even look like an update of the uniform.
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

logo is nice
uni's not so much
Old 08-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #15
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I like the fleur de lis in the logo, but the uniforms would be okay if not for the stripes.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #16
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Their logo > ours. Our uniform > theirs.

However, our old logo > their entire city.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 08-22-2008 at 02:15 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #17
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

What's with everyone revamping their logos/unis the past couple seasons?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed..ohh wait that like you every post. Get a life mann. Stop over analyzing and criticizing everything.
Actually, I agree with Chum 125%. When i opened this thread, all I saw was the old Charlotte Hornets unis with "New Orleans" across the front. Certainly not an update.

That said, I LOVE the fleur de lis logo. That had been their secondary logo for some time, and I liked it when i first saw it. And i like the new "NOLA" logo with the trumpet. Although, are they making a push for a name change? Gonna grab the "Jazz" back from Utah?

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-22-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #19
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Would have looked better without the pants stripes. I hope they keep their yellow uniforms as a secondary.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Whew... Those new Hornets jerseys are making me feel like I've journeyed back in time to the year 1996...

Old 08-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #21
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

an oliver miller sighting! now thats what I am talking about. think we could bring him back?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
an oliver miller sighting! now thats what I am talking about. think we could bring him back?
If the fella had his stomach stapled and could keep his weight under 270, I'd bet he still might be able to play. Sure he's oldish age, but he's got extremely good skills, low mileage, and arms that are longer than his legs...
Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #23
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

he was listed at one point at 325! fatty!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Pinstripes help make you look thin.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #25
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Charlotte Hornets
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote