Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #321
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
portland will kick our arse tomorrow.
they are...so I'm ready for it.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #322
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
portland will kick our arse tomorrow.
No Maann! Something Happened tonight! They may lose 2mor, but won't get blown out. This is a new team.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #323
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

This was a good game for Hollins to play in for some reason. He made some really stupid mistakes a few times but was able to make up for that with the blocked pass. That being said, don't expect anything special from him in quite a few games.

Last edited by Windmill360; 03-10-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #324
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMAVGUY View Post
No Maann! Something Happened tonight! They may lose 2mor, but won't get blown out. This is a new team.
A new team? That's bold.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #325
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Hollins is like a poor man's Tyson Chandler...also I bet Rick is pissed with all those points the Mavs gave up.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #326
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to "Big Shot Rob" on his big 10,000 vCash bet tonight.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #327
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Just to be clear, my point wasn't that they should concede defeat down only 7 with a minute left. I was saying they should play for at least one more possession and see if they could get it to 5 or 4 before they started to foul.
I wasn't tracking it that closely, as I was already popping the champagne and celebrating what was the most important win of our season, but there is no conceding defeat down 7 with a minute left. You may not have been around at the time, but in Jason Kidd's first stint here he singlehandedly brought us back from nine down against the Rockets with a minute remaining. It was a tremendous display of heart and tenacity.

So, no, you don't "concede" in that situation. Any more than you criticize a guy who sells out absolutely completely in the end game, because he sheds tears when it is over.

You need to decide how you want it. Evidently you have a tendency to favor conceding defeat with a stiff upper lip, out of some sort of conceit.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #328
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, no, you don't "concede" in that situation. Any more than you criticize a guy who sells out absolutely completely in the end game, because he sheds tears when it is over.
Hey... no crotch shots allowed.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #329
NYMAVGUY

Quote:
This was a good game for Hollins to play in for some reason. He made some really stupid mistakes a few times but was able to make up for that with the blocked pass. That being said, don't expect anything special from him in quite a few games.
He's gonna make mistakes cause He doesn't get to play. He can take sooooo much pressure off Dirk.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #330
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Congrats to "Big Shot Rob" on his big 10,000 vCash bet tonight.

Thanks, buddy! I just had this really strong feeling all day long that the Mavs were going to go into Phoenix and take care of business.

Congrats to all Mav fans!
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #331
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Nice win Mavs!

I will have the pleasure of watching this game tomorrow. I only was able to watch bits and pieces.

From the few minutes that I was able to watch, Dirk seemed to have a great game. Its a pleasure to see!

Go Mavs!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #332
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

no matter what i may say before any certain game starts, i always have a TRUE feelin in my heart of what direction that game may head

well, to be honest, before this game, i was jus NOT expecting a win. after hill's comments saying it's their "super bowl" and how desperate the suns must feel at this point in the season, and our 5 losses in a row on the road on top of all that, i didn't think this would be our night

well IT WAS DAMNIT.

while a game like this progresses, i really try not to get TOO into it, and while i am watchin the whole thing, and each quarter passes, i keep sayin in my head "remember the rockets game, remember the rockets game...these leads mean NOTHING" then of course i see the stat that we are 13-1 (i think) on the road while leading after 3 qtrs. that "1" must be the rockets game...go figure.

i know that no matter what, many people are gonna be somewhat happy that josh is sidelined because of his up and down play and his erratic behavior, and i can't say i blame you at all. but in my heart, i always miss him when he is not playing. i love the guy, everyone here knows that, and his 18 ppg and huge first qtr contributions will not go unnoticed when he isn't playing. but JJ DID THE JOB!!! he really pulled it out for us in the 1st qtr and a half, and set the tone for us

Kidd, well what can i say about this dude?!? is he gettin younger damnit cuz i think so!! his two treys near the end were HUGE BEYOND HUGE. i couldn't believe the same damn play unfolded each time. posting with dirk at the top of the key, kidd on the three pt line, dirk gets the ball, they double, he fakes a trillion times, finds kidd open in the same spot that he passed it from, and kidd drains it, TWICE!!

i'm very sorry about this long post, cuz im sure many people get annoyed, but other than my boy in florida, and my lovely girlfriend who puts up with all my screaming and cursing and crying, i have no one i can share this experience with...BUT I KNOW THAT WHEN I FEEL SO DAMN EMOTIONAL AFTER EVERY WIN OR LOSS, ALL OF YOU ARE THERE TO SHARE THAT JOY OR PAIN, so i thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here night in and night out to show your love (or in some cases, your not-so-much-love) for this team. they take us on quite a ride, but it's THESE GAMES that make it worth it for me.

to close out, dirk is a f**kin monster, and he is unstoppable, no matter HOW MANY TIMES HE WILL REFUSE to take it to the damn hole with a guy 3 feet shorter than him guardin him. he is still amazing. and terry is fully back and on f'in fire. period.

THX FOR ALL YOUR MOJO ONCE AGAIN. here's the rep you all deserve. God Bless and goodnight

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #333
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post

You need to decide how you want it. Evidently you have a tendency to favor conceding defeat with a stiff upper lip, out of some sort of conceit.
Evidently, I said the exact same thing you did--that the Suns shouldn't be conceding defeat.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-10-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #334
NYMAVGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Hollins is like a poor man's Tyson Chandler...also I bet Rick is pissed with all those points the Mavs gave up.
I'll take a poor man's Tyson Chandler over a real Eric Dampier. i like Damp but coming off bench.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #335
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Evidently, I said the exact same thing you did--that the Suns shouldn't be conceding defeat.
If that's the case, then we are on the same page. I thought it was particularly gutless of the Suns to not foul down five with twenty seconds left.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #336
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
If that's the case, then we are on the same page. I thought it was particularly gutless of the Suns to not foul down five with twenty seconds left.
Yes, it was gutless. Thirty seconds is a ton of time.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #337
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Yes, it was gutless. Thirty seconds is a ton of time.
It wasn't just gutless...it was just...weird. I guess in many ways it was the counterpart to crying when you actually try to win the game and don't.

You say that a guy finishing his NCAA career should just suck it up and accept what went wrong, so it will make him better equipped going forward. Better equipped to just give it up when he is down five with thirty seconds left, just like he was up five in the same situation when the game was stolen from him?

You didn't like the crying when the tables were turned, so I'm trying to figure out why you called Phoenix on trying to win the game tonight. (At first, that is.)

Last edited by chumdawg; 03-11-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #338
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that Dub is caught in a debate he's not really all that interested in.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #339
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199 View Post
no matter what i may say before any certain game starts, i always have a TRUE feelin in my heart of what direction that game may head

well, to be honest, before this game, i was jus NOT expecting a win. after hill's comments saying it's their "super bowl" and how desperate the suns must feel at this point in the season, and our 5 losses in a row on the road on top of all that, i didn't think this would be our night

well IT WAS DAMNIT.

while a game like this progresses, i really try not to get TOO into it, and while i am watchin the whole thing, and each quarter passes, i keep sayin in my head "remember the rockets game, remember the rockets game...these leads mean NOTHING" then of course i see the stat that we are 13-1 (i think) on the road while leading after 3 qtrs. that "1" must be the rockets game...go figure.

i know that no matter what, many people are gonna be somewhat happy that josh is sidelined because of his up and down play and his erratic behavior, and i can't say i blame you at all. but in my heart, i always miss him when he is not playing. i love the guy, everyone here knows that, and his 18 ppg and huge first qtr contributions will not go unnoticed when he isn't playing. but JJ DID THE JOB!!! he really pulled it out for us in the 1st qtr and a half, and set the tone for us

Kidd, well what can i say about this dude?!? is he gettin younger damnit cuz i think so!! his two treys near the end were HUGE BEYOND HUGE. i couldn't believe the same damn play unfolded each time. posting with dirk at the top of the key, kidd on the three pt line, dirk gets the ball, they double, he fakes a trillion times, finds kidd open in the same spot that he passed it from, and kidd drains it, TWICE!!

i'm very sorry about this long post, cuz im sure many people get annoyed, but other than my boy in florida, and my lovely girlfriend who puts up with all my screaming and cursing and crying, i have no one i can share this experience with...BUT I KNOW THAT WHEN I FEEL SO DAMN EMOTIONAL AFTER EVERY WIN OR LOSS, ALL OF YOU ARE THERE TO SHARE THAT JOY OR PAIN, so i thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here night in and night out to show your love (or in some cases, your not-so-much-love) for this team. they take us on quite a ride, but it's THESE GAMES that make it worth it for me.

to close out, dirk is a f**kin monster, and he is unstoppable, no matter HOW MANY TIMES HE WILL REFUSE to take it to the damn hole with a guy 3 feet shorter than him guardin him. he is still amazing. and terry is fully back and on f'in fire. period.

THX FOR ALL YOUR MOJO ONCE AGAIN. here's the rep you all deserve. God Bless and goodnight

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L

That was heartwarming, go Mavs, let's gun for at least 7th or 6th seed !
Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #340
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
My guess is that Dub is caught in a debate he's not really all that interested in.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #341
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Win.

That's all I wanted. That's all we got.

Way to go Mavs!! Today is looking brighter already
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #342
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
That was heartwarming, go Mavs, let's gun for at least 7th or 6th seed !
Yes, please not the Lakers.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #343
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Yeah at least we're not the Suns. They most likely wont even make the playoffs and we will. They never made the NBA Finals despite all the hype every year as "the favorite to win it all" yet we at least got there. So at least we can look down on the Suns and laff. They seem to always be a little worse than us.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-11-2009 at 05:30 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #344
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

sportstwo sucks. I think maybe 5 people post there and 4 of them are 13 years old.

Tags
do you really have hope?, gay tags, gdt 08/09, how so many q's?, shaqtus flops, sick and tire, tags are for gays, we like tags. we are gay?