Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

just did some number crunching.. quarter by quarter for the series.
I've read WAY too many times that dirk doesn't step up in the 4th..my contention during the season was that the 4th was by far his best, but I really didn't feel like going back and researching it all.

Anyways, for the series:
1st quarter:
2pt: 12-30 = 40%
FT: 5-5 = 100%
3pt: 2-4 = 50%
FG: 14-34 = 41.2%

2nd quarter:
2pt: 18-33 = 54.5%
FT: 14-14 = 100%
3pt: 4-8 = 50%
FG: 22-41 = 53.7%

3rd quarter:
2pt: 15-32 = 46.9%
FT: 18-19 = 94.7%
3pt: 2-5 = 40%
FG: 17-37 = 45.9%

4th quarter:
2pt: 16-24 = 67%
FT: 8-12 = 67%
3pt: 6-8 = 75%
FG: 22-32 = 68.8%

Totals:
2pt: 61-119 = 51.3%
FT: 45-50 = 90%
3pt: 14-25 = 56%
FG: 75-144 = 52.1%

In the 5 fourth quarters in which Dirk played, he scored:
11, 6, 16, 13, and 12 points for an average of:

11.6 points
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2003, 04:11 PM   #2
Mav_Man1

Mav_Man1 is on a distinguished road

great homework murphy.

It illustrates an all-star not shrinking from his role.

riding Dirk all the way to the finals! yeah baby!
Mav_Man1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:19 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Gives us the confidence that we will win championship sometime.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:40 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i just hope that i never have to hear someone say that dirk doesn't perform during the clutch..or doesn't come up big in the 4th..just idiotic
Old 05-05-2003, 04:42 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< i just hope that i never have to hear someone say that dirk doesn't perform during the clutch..or doesn't come up big in the 4th..just idiotic >>

I agree that it is idiotic Murph, but we still have several idiots on the board.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:19 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Dirk's FT% in the 4th, though. Most likely just a sign of fatigue.. but still.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 07:34 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

when you hit 6-8 from beyond the arc and 22-32 overall from the field in the quarter..well, rhylan, you're nitpicking..not even nitpicking..scraping the very bottom of the barrel
Old 05-05-2003, 10:22 PM   #8
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Dirk is great no doubt. He was great in game 7, no doubt. BUT- I cannot beleive nobody is talking about Nick in game 7. He played awsome and was the key to that game if u ask me..I expected greatness from Dirk, but Nick stepped up huge in my opinion...
Old 05-05-2003, 10:26 PM   #9
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, dirk played grrrreat.. but van exel was the one who led that team last night with his suppposed selfish play or ballhogging.. anyway.. go mavs !! show those kings and especially the fans ...!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:08 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

please, keep the thread on topic
Old 05-06-2003, 12:37 AM   #11
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

<< please, keep the thread on topic >>

sorry murph.. but nve jus doesnt get his props.. soo its gotta be brought in somehow eh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 02:00 AM   #12
Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz

Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz is on a distinguished road

How can u expect someone has 100% energy in the 4th when he nearly take no rest throughout the game? (Dirk always plays about 47 min in every game)

Friday night might have been the last we see of Nowitzki in these Western Conference finals, but it won't be his last conference finals.
Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:12 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

if you want to give NVE his props, start a damn thread about NVE's stats.
If you don't want to post something regarding dirk in a dirk thread, don't ruin the couple of hours of numbers crunching that i put in to come up with this break down
Old 05-06-2003, 02:13 AM   #14
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

sure thing murph...next time ill start a damn thread of my own.. haha..anyway, how did u calculate that? did you look at each play-by-play of each qtr of each game of the series and look through espn?
Old 05-06-2003, 05:43 AM   #15
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

and i believe i was the only one beted 30 points a game?while you said 25(murph),i'd think he'll even rase the bar on the Sacto series.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:30 AM   #16
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

<< i just hope that i never have to hear someone say that dirk doesn't perform during the clutch..or doesn't come up big in the 4th..just idiotic >>

You are on the money. He is great in clutch.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:31 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< and i believe i was the only one beted 30 points a game?while you said 25(murph),i'd think he'll even rase the bar on the Sacto series. >>

I guarantee you he ups his game. Why? His stats were depressed by the pathetic game 6 results. He won't likely have a game like that again in his career. One thing you can count on day in and day out is that Dirk will get results.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:51 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

it's very rare that dirk has a bad game offensively and on the glass.

and when his shot isn't falling, he usually finds a way to get to the basket and/or get to the line.

I'm with you doc, the chances of that happening again is rare.

and dirty, yes, i went through the play by play for each game pulling out all the attempts..
i'm working on the same thing for fin and NVE right now
Old 05-06-2003, 12:13 PM   #19
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

<< and when his shot isn't falling, he usually finds a way to get to the basket and/or get to the line.
>>

And he is doing it this year more than last year.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:21 PM   #20
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

hey murph,im still waiting for,you were right NP,im not nearly as smart as you NP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:50 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

bumped for thekid