Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-25-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Injustice

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...ry?page=wilson

I know i said im gonna leave but im still gonna check out the political forum and stuff like that. I saw this story and I just couldnt believe it. This is one of the saddest stories Ive read in recent memory. My own views about morality aside this is just a terrible place to put this kid in. Where is the Georgia govenor to pardon this?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I read this last night, and it's just sad.

A few choice quotes:

Quote:
Barker thinks five years is fair for receiving oral sex from a schoolmate.
Quote:
"We can set aside his sentence," Barker says. "Legally, it's still possible for us to set aside his sentence and give him a new sentence to a lesser charge. But it's up to us. He has no control over it."
Wow...just..WOW. Talk about an ego on this prosecutor. He's mad that he's the only one that wouldn't take his "generous" plea bargain.

Quote:
At the same time this trial was under way, a local high school teacher, a white female, was found guilty of having a sexual relationship with a student -- a true case of child molestation. The teacher received 90 days. Wilson received 3,650 days.
Really, the biggest injustice is clearly overturning the very law that got him there only months later, but not making it retroactive.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-25-2007 at 09:48 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Please tell me his attorney's name is NOT B.J. Bernstein.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The punishment certainly doesn't fit the crime. That's a sad story.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...ry?page=wilson

I know i said im gonna leave but im still gonna check out the political forum and stuff like that. I saw this story and I just couldnt believe it. This is one of the saddest stories Ive read in recent memory. My own views about morality aside this is just a terrible place to put this kid in. Where is the Georgia govenor to pardon this?
Quote:
They talk last-ditch plans, including a constitutional amendment returning pardon power to the governor.
Apparently he doesn't have the power.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 01-25-2007 at 10:31 AM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm just stunned.

Is there something we can do as residents of a different state? Would it help or hinder to write the DA's office?

Since he's re-reading letters and emails, maybe we could send him a word of support? Does anyone know whether we can just mail them to the correctional facility with his name & prisoner number by the address?

WILSON, GENARLOW RAEUION
GDC ID: 0001187055
AL BURRUSS CORRECTIONAL TRAINING CENTER
POST OFFICE BOX 5849
FORSYTH, GA 31029
TEL.: (478) 994-7511
FAX : (478) 994-7561

Last edited by Smiles; 01-25-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote