Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 09-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #1
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMO LaMelo Ball is one of the most overrated prospects ever. I just don’t see it with him. His first step isn’t great, his defense isn’t great, his shooting isn’t great and his mechanics are bad. At best he is a Shaun Livingston type, at worst he’s Lonzo Ball with poorer defense.

On the flipside, Isaiah Stewart is very underrated. The guy is one of the youngest players in this draft, but will be NBA ready day one. He plays with an uncanny relentlessness and hustle. He has soft hands and solid post moves. His jumper looks good and he’s a high level free throw shooter. He sets hard picks, hits the glass, and has the tools to defend on the perimeter. Overall he sets the tone with his energy. He is exactly the type of player we are missing.
yes seems like another throwback bruiser/energy type of athlete
not sure about his ability to hit from outside - definitely would be a work in progress on that end.
he's slotted at #29 on tankathon

I think Paul Reed seems more intriguing at #31 though
Hoping for best 3/d Wing prospect at #18 and then Reed at #31
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
not sure about his ability to hit from outside - definitely would be a work in progress on that end.

I’m not sure Reed makes it out of the first round, but I’m all for getting him at 31.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’m not sure Reed makes it out of the first round, but I’m all for getting him at 31.
hmmm - yeah not sure where he's pegged to go
tankathon has him at #43 or something which does seem low

probably wouldn't use 18 on him but what do i know? i just think we need switchable guys for defense that have at least some offensive potential without needing the ball.
spot up shooters, guys that can cut and rim roll, guys that can pick up garbage buckets on offensive boards, and or guys that can run and gun
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #4
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post

I like Reed at 31 and think he’d be great in our front court rotation. Very good defender and rebounder. Good size and length to defend up to 3 positions and an offensive game that looks like it has some upside. Maybe a poor mans Ibaka.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote