Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future
Default Vote for Your Favorite Dallas Mavs Song

I found this on mavs.com, and its pretty cool. Vote for your favorite song to be played to pump up the crowd during a Mavs playoff game.

http://www.texasgigs.com/news/2006/a...-song-contest/
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

rap would be retarded

it should be heavy metal dammit.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Holy crap, that's a lot of songs to choose from. It's going to take forever to listen to them all and then choose! I've only listened to one so far (the first one) and it was a bit painful. It's cool that they are letting the fans choose though!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Where/when are they playing these songs? I agree though that the rap songs would sound kinda funky; they should play something hard to get the crowd pumped up! Needless to say these[songs] are all horrible. After i voted for one downsouth something or other, it said the leading one was "mavs on fire tonight", with 27%, and yes i downloaded all of them and listened to them...and now i want to kill myself.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
and now i want to kill myself.
I've only listened to two, and I'm with you. Yikes. I fear we will be the laughing stock of the league with one of these songs.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

me too... some of those were insanely horrible

I only listened to like 5 of them though...

and I ended up voting for Rivethead - Go Mavs because it was the only one that even remotely resembled something decent
Old 04-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #7
WraithXx
Diamond Member

lol.. I just listened to a couple of them again

what are these guys THINKING

Mark Cuban should be arrested for even considering these songs

how is this supposed to intimidate an opponent? they'd laugh at us!

our playoff song should be written by Poison the Well
Old 04-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Damn. Its like picking which piece of doo dood smells the worst. Horse doo doo or Dog doo doo? They all smell like shiiiii.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I actually liked the second one, the one saying Dirk is German money in the bank, and Jho is like Picasso-a force in the paint lol

but i agree, the rest sucked.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Go Mavs! South City...

Go Mavericks, Go Mavericks, Go Mavericks, Get 'em, Get 'em...

I likes..
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Courtside, fadeaway, in the paint..................
Old 04-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, my fav by far is "Get Up on Your Feet"
Old 04-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #13
raefformvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I CANNOT get that song out of my head. I had it going through my brain constantly yesterday and told one of my classes about it. They begged me to play the song so I did at the end of class. We had like five minutes left after the song and a group of about 6 guys couldn't stop singing the chorus either. It was kinda funny.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #14
WraithXx
Diamond Member

what class/age group do you teach, raeff?
Old 04-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #15
raefformvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
what class/age group do you teach, raeff?
I teach the wonderfully mature 15-16 year old sophomores. (sarcasm) That particular class has 19 boys and 6 girls. I feel so bad for the girls. That many 16 year old boys in one classroom is almost unbearable. I love every single one of them individually but all of them together is bad news!

Old 04-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I vote for acoustic douche
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #17
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Which one is that, I can't find it?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #18
raefformvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Which one is that, I can't find it?
It isn't one of the choices. It was a song linked in the Dallas Observer that is supposedly Dirk both playing guitar and singing. You can find it here: http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24974

Old 04-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
It isn't one of the choices. It was a song linked in the Dallas Observer that is supposedly Dirk both playing guitar and singing. You can find it here: http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24974
Thanks, that's not really Dirk is it? It's bad.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:59 AM   #20
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Lazer- M-F-F-L

This song is mother fn LOL hilarious.

"better be wary cause jason terry will bury a three"
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:46 AM   #21
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

does anyone know where i can get the full songs? (buying is not an option...at least not yet) ;-)

Go Mavs...
Old 04-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #22
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Damn, that "Courtside" song rocks, but if it was really Dirk I know the singing would suck less.

My vote for the official Mavs Song has to be Southcity "Go Mavs!" I don't listen to rap, but that song is a catchy tune, and kicks some as$.. Too bad they listed it last, cuz I dons thank that anyonz gonna make it thru the listz son!

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 04-10-2006 at 10:47 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote